IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

11 hours ago, lomo6 said:

This is the one I'm thinking of.

ETA: I really think Priscilla has some kind of speech issue or learning disability. There's something going on beyond the fundie baby voice.

I had forgotten that video. It really makes me sad. Anna was so happy to be living the life of her dreams. Priscilla just seems kind of a step behind. She seems like a sweet girl who realizes things are passing her by, but doesn't know how to catch up. This is one of the cases where the SOTDRT really annoys me -- if she had gone to a half-decent public school, she may have received some help to allow her to reach her full potential.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

Pecan's BFF Rob is moving to Big Sandy - bet Davey is delighted.

Oh yay! They will be one big happy family again! ;) 

Anna talking about the times she had a bad attitude and didn't deserve love!

NO NO NO NO

You always deserve to be loved.  If you're upset or having a bad day then you deserve space and understanding or someone to pull you aside, give you a hug and ask what's wrong.  Not wanting to do the dishes (but doing them anyway with a bit of whining/grumpyness) is normal and human especially if its not everytime.

Anna you deserve love!  When you're happy and doing what you're supposed to do, you deserve love.  When you're sad and overwhelmed and betrayed and snapping at people, or don't feel like giving your husband what he wants, you still deserve love.  

Negative feelings do not make you a bad person.  They make you a person.

@hasunah Reading that thread and laughing, thank you!

ETA:  I do really, really feel for any of the Fundies who are forced to hide their true selves, BUT equally, if someone then goes on to be part of the structure to keep people oppressed, my sympathy levels plummet.  I have no idea of the truth about Pecans, and feel a little bit guilty laughing - until I remember what he and Gothardism would say about someone like me...

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is one of the cases where the SOTDRT really annoys me -- if she had gone to a half-decent public school, she may have received some help to allow her to reach her full potential.

Exactly. She is the perfect candidate for an IEP or a little bit of special attention from a caring teacher. Perhaps even some little-kid counseling light.

15 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

Exactly. She is the perfect candidate for an IEP or a little bit of special attention from a caring teacher. Perhaps even some little-kid counseling light.

Not only that but if a kind hearted teacher cared about her she might realize their could be more to her life then being a wife and mother. 

On 10/25/2016 at 2:41 AM, Showtunesgirl said:

But it's SO UGLY....and for someone who is so into appearances, did he not care that it just looks awful with her engagement ring?? :dontgetit:

I LOVE my big wedding ring.  I picked it out.  It isn't ugly, nor is Priss's.

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Everyone has different taste in jewelry. I have colored stones in my ring and I bet lots of people would think it's ugly or doesn't look like an engagement ring. Meh. The only opinion that matters is my own. I don't think her ring is ugly but it's much bigger than what I would like. I don't like bulky rings since they tend I get in the way. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't bothered by large jewelry. 

I don't think her ring is ugly, I just think that it looks quite bulky. However, if she loves it, that is all that matters!

that looks like a man's wedding band to me. maybe he got that because men's rings tend to cost less? or he wanted their rings to match.

6 minutes ago, griffin said:

that looks like a man's wedding band to me. maybe he got that because men's rings tend to cost less? or he wanted their rings to match.

Or he wanted a man:pb_lol: sorry not sorry, I had to say it.

I have met Priscilla in person (mutual circles) She is just full on beam, bright eyed, and glows. She exudes such warmth and happiness and draws everyone to her since everyone wants to be around someone who loves life so much! She does not come across as slow to me and doesn't talk in such a babyish voice in person.  David on other hand, is similar to how he is in the videos. 

I have met Priscilla in person (mutual circles) She is just full on beam, bright eyed, and glows. She exudes such warmth and happiness and draws everyone to her since everyone wants to be around someone who loves life so much! She does not come across as slow to me and doesn't talk in such a babyish voice in person.  David on other hand, is similar to how he is in the videos. 

What does she talk like? Is Davia delightfully grumpy in real life too?

12 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

All about himself and the image he is putting out there? What a shock. :P

On 10/28/2016 at 9:49 AM, gustava said:

Me too!  And it's pretty identical to Prissy's.  It was my grandmother's (18k gold - vintage 1917).

Yes, David comes off as very "fake" and just not genuine and a bit haughty to be honest. He always has something to prove and always has to show off, be the best, etc. He is the textbook definition of a "show off". I am never sure why and never have understood it. Strange enough, JB is his role model and mentor, and David has taken the Josh incident very hard.

On October 23, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Davia is already over the new baby.

Davia is over it already.jpg

That moment you realize you're now the designated sister mom......

Has anyone ever posted this?? 

"God sent animals.... Do you want to see animals?"- Priscilla 

"NOOO"- Davia 

"Yesss.. Two animals of each kind."- Priscilla 

I want to be Davia's attorney. She did not consent to sit in a stroller for some bull shit. Lol she is really my favorite.

#freedavia 

3 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

That moment you realize you're now the designated sister mom......

Has anyone ever posted this?? 

"God sent animals.... Do you want to see animals?"- Priscilla 

"NOOO"- Davia 

"Yesss.. Two animals of each kind."- Priscilla 

I want to be Davia's attorney. She did not consent to sit in a stroller for some bull shit. Lol she is really my favorite.

#freedavia 

I love how Priss just keeps going without even skipping a beat. Methinks Priss and Pecan are very used to Davia and her sassy "no's." 

OMG, these baby pics! Every time I scroll to another post and see the dump truck pic again I laugh and laugh all over again!

I'm sure they were thinking "Hey, we have a camera! We'll just take our own newborn pics, and save the difference!" I so hope the dumptruck pic ends up on one of those Pinterest Fail things and gets widely circulated all over the internet! (Davy will be so proud...)

Another thought - the pics they were trying to copy had NAKED babies! *GASP* Their precious little pecan couldn't possibly defraud us in that way, who knows what we'd do if our desires were stirred up unrighteously by a bit of nakey baby skin.

Re the Ark Encounter video: it's such a massive pet peeve of mine when parents just so utterly invalidate a kid like that. I'm not saying they necessarily have to pack up and go home because their toddler said "no" (and it is important to teach kids that they sometimes have to compromise or that they can't always get their way), but the way Priscilla says "that's YEEESSSSS" as if Davia doesn't have "no" as an option is so, so dangerous. I'm sure this will not be the last time Davia is told that saying "no" is not an option.

36 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Re the Ark Encounter video: it's such a massive pet peeve of mine when parents just so utterly invalidate a kid like that. I'm not saying they necessarily have to pack up and go home because their toddler said "no" (and it is important to teach kids that they sometimes have to compromise or that they can't always get their way), but the way Priscilla says "that's YEEESSSSS" as if Davia doesn't have "no" as an option is so, so dangerous. I'm sure this will not be the last time Davia is told that saying "no" is not an option.

It's tricky with toddlers. I've made it a habit never to pose something as a question if I'm not willing to accept a "no". For example, "do you want to take a bath?" Or "are you ready for bed?" Or "do  you want to brush your teeth now?" Because I don't want them to think their "no"s will be ignored --- which is particularly unfair when you've presented it as a choice --- but there are times when they don't have an option. So it's, "come on, we're going to brush our teeth now!"

On 10/26/2016 at 9:00 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

I had forgotten that video. It really makes me sad. Anna was so happy to be living the life of her dreams. Priscilla just seems kind of a step behind. She seems like a sweet girl who realizes things are passing her by, but doesn't know how to catch up. This is one of the cases where the SOTDRT really annoys me -- if she had gone to a half-decent public school, she may have received some help to allow her to reach her full potential.

The only potential she had to reach has been reached. She married a godly manly man and is making the babies. 

It never mattered to her parents if she had any kind of slowness or other issue that in normal circumstances could have been dealt with swiftly and easily with professional intervention in school - and with parents who, you know, cared.  She was never meant to do anything other than what she is doing so there was never anything for her parents to intervene on.

I think she has several issues, all of which combine to make her not quite 'right'. But, none of those issues have any relevance to being a godly wife and making the babies, so in their world, there are no issues. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived