IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

Priscilla has kind of a man's ring. Or a ring that is waaay to big for someone her size, anyway. Personally, I think it looks ridiculous. Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things. [emoji6]
DavidLovesPriscilla08-1-768x512.jpg

The way her rings nearly reach her knuckle looks terribly uncomfortable to me. I hope she likes it and didn't end up with it because not matching would have been insufficiency fabulous for Davey.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, catlady said:

The only photo where that poor baby doesn't look utterly miserable is the close-up with his eyes open (after the damn hand hearts and before the rings/shackles on his toes).  He's genuinely cute in that one.

That shot with the rings on the poor babe's toes-oy freakin' vey.   That has got to be one of the stupidest pictures I've seen.   Almost makes those cabbage flower headbands on those poor fundie baby girls look normal.

12 hours ago, catlady said:

The only photo where that poor baby doesn't look utterly miserable is the close-up with his eyes open (after the damn hand hearts and before the rings/shackles on his toes).  He's genuinely cute in that one.

If Pecan keeps up with the awful pix then little Phillip will be afraid to open his little eyes, poor little fella.

I reckon Pecan bought Pris that enormous wedding ring so that there is no chance he'd ever have to buy her an eternity ring (which generally is much more expensive than a plain gold band) - there's no room for one. 

I do give them points for posting that family pic with the baby red-faced with screaming and Davia so over it all - it might be the most honest of those kinds of photos, the 999 that are taken before that 1 instagram-perfect shot.  If they had a shred of self-awareness, I'd be giving them gold stars all round for taking the piss out of themselves and the whole "look at my perfect life" social media thing.  But I suspect they're just not bright enough, and they just don't realise what it looks like.

(I thought that montage was a joke too - I have friends who'd try to take pics of their kids, albeit when they're older, and post it as a joke on themselves...  It made me laugh out loud, but for all the wrong reasons)

3 hours ago, titerlitury said:

Now after watching those awkward photos, and thinking improper associations* I'm feeling like I'm really bad person. Thanks David and Pris! 

About Priscilla's ring - this girl always carry her kids on hands, is SAHM, we also see her doing some "man's work" with house renovation. I'm not surprised she hasn't pianist fingers.

* My first thought was Philip is dead, because feet photo, which I saw as a first,  reminds me a Jubilee Duggar photo... I'm sorry. 

It's OK, one of the photos instantly reminded me of that picture of that poor little Syrian boy on the beach.

What's a little sad about this is that these photos (if he weren't wearing such stuffy, uncomfortable clothes) would be really funny if they had a shred of self-awareness and made a point to mention how hard it is to get a baby to look good in photos, but I think they genuinly thought these photos were cute and well-done, and not "oh my god put that poor little guy in something more comfortable and get his face out of that sheepskin rug before he suffocates".

I hope that one day they can all look back at these pics and laugh but I doubt it.  They just don't seem like they have a good sense of humor.

9 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I hope we won't see another YouTube video of Priscilla saying she needs to be a better mother and wife. Those always make me sad for her.

That's horrible she actually said that. She's seems like a good one to me. It can't be easy dealing with 3 young kids and a husband like David. 

9 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Remember when Anna was 9 mos pregnant with Michael and had to go on the bus for the Duggar book signing tour? She brought her birth kit and had an outfit similar to Phillip's  for Michael's first outfit. I guess they think it'S cute. 

Maybe its the same outfit, a hand me down?

Oh my I am so glad I decided to catch up on this thread this morning. I feel so horrible for Phillip but this had me rolling this morning and it was much needed after TWD last night! I stayed up too late, drank too much and had a bit of a cryfest. Woke up at 6 am from a nightmare with swollen eyes and a hangover, really questioning my choices for entertainment!  FJ saves the day again! But now I'm suffering from second hand embarrassment. What do some of the insta comments say? Oh I feel so bad but lollolol

Sorry, other than the picture on the rug I like the pictures, this is what babies that young looks like, not like most Pinterest-pictures. Is the outfit ugly? Yes but I  prefer these 100 times anyway. Finally a real cute baby.

I just looked at the comments on their website.  She was at family camp while overdue?

I don't know where that is, or how close to home - but sheesh man - your wife's about to pop - don't take her to chase the toddlers around in a strange place while having to be the perfect mum/family.

Let her slob around her couch and if you really can't parent your toddlers, let her do it from the sofa with help of lots of easy to heat up comfort food, and movies/electronics (they can be educational/biblical if you insist).

Continue this, until after the baby has been born and settled and the toddler have adjusted to the permanent smelly loud attention hog they're supposed to be nice to.

Dragging your overdue wife and toddlers to speak at a family camp is not being a nice husband - unless she's desperate to go and you're just being supportive.

Clarification - I have nothing against siblings or small age gaps.  I'm just pointing out that if you are toddler there are no benefits to a newborn (unless family come over and bring toys & nice food - but that is transient and goes before the baby stage is gone).  Potential benefits, like someone to play with, come later and toddlers by definition can't understand that far into the future

I can't help myself, but Davia reminds me  of Grumpy Cat. I love that she is always seems so unimpressed and over it. I only fear her parents won't put up with it for much longer. Gotta have a joyful attitude for Jeebus...

1 minute ago, just_ordinary said:

I can't help myself, but Davia reminds me  of Grumpy Cat. I love that she is always seems so unimpressed and over it. I only fear her parents won't put up with it for much longer. Gotta have a joyful attitude for Jeebus...

I hope that they never manage to break Davia because she is so adorably unimpressed. Much like Grumpy Cat! And really TFDW needs someone to tell him that he's not that impressive. I think that Davia may be that person, I hope she tells him everyday. I doubt it but it's a dream! 

The family camp was held where David works and very close by where they live.  She could show up for an event or two during the day and go back home.  I can fault him for dragging her around the country for two months more or less and not going home until close to her due date though.

I have a really hard time making fun of David and Priss.  I just find them so sad . Two people forced into this marriage and they are now play acting the parts they were trained to do . How long can  they keep this up ?  Eventually this will have to   explode spectacularly .

57 minutes ago, hasunah said:

I have a really hard time making fun of David and Priss.  I just find them so sad . Two people forced into this marriage and they are now play acting the parts they were trained to do . How long can  they keep this up ?  Eventually this will have to   explode spectacularly .

I hope it doesn't explode spectacularly. I don't think that either of them could handle that and I don't wish harm on anyone. 

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The family camp was held where David works and very close by where they live.  She could show up for an event or two during the day and go back home.  I can fault him for dragging her around the country for two months more or less and not going home until close to her due date though.

Yeah, I'm being nosy and googled it. It's 6 miles and a 10 minute drive from their house to the camp. 

On 10/23/2016 at 9:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is what they were going for: 

IMG_6403.JPG

And this is their Pinterest FAIL:

IMG_6404.JPG

Crying. Dying. Tears streaming down my face.

Poor Phillip. 

4 hours ago, hasunah said:

I agree about the play-acting but it's just so easy to make fun of them. Priscilla reminds me of the sweet, dumb Miss Rhode Island from Miss Congeniality: 

Sometimes I wonder if she even knows her marriage is a sham and her husband is living a lie.

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I hope that they never manage to break Davia because she is so adorably unimpressed. Much like Grumpy Cat! And really TFDW needs someone to tell him that he's not that impressive. I think that Davia may be that person, I hope she tells him everyday. I doubt it but it's a 

Yes, but remember how Jennifer Duggar used to be in photos? There were lots of comments on how miserable she always looked, but now she always has the Stepford smile in photos they post. Wonder what they did to make the change in her. :(  Poor Davia will be in for the same.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:10 PM, JillyO said:

Priscilla has kind of a man's ring. Or a ring that is waaay to big for someone her size, anyway. Personally, I think it looks ridiculous. Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things. ;)

DavidLovesPriscilla08-1-768x512.jpg

I think the huge gold rings are 100 % David. He made a blog post once about his gold watch, so i think these rings were part of his matching fetish. I wouldn't be surprised if Priscilla had hoped for white gold, but it didn't matter. I doubt she had any say. If I recall correctly, David went online and helped pick out her wedding dress! He also chose the red theme of their wedding.

I showed the photos to my boyfriend who has no idea who these people are. He immediately recoiled in horror and then, grasping for words, finally said, "It seems like the baby is a prop or accessory for their lifestyle...". And when I showed him the photo of the family on the couch and Davia staring out into space, he said that the little girl was clearly already over the whole damn dog and pony show. 

I seriously like this guy. We've been dating for a few weeks but have a ton in common and he can figure out Pecan and Pris - wow! 

22 hours ago, Karma said:

I reckon Pecan bought Pris that enormous wedding ring so that there is no chance he'd ever have to buy her an eternity ring (which generally is much more expensive than a plain gold band) - there's no room for one. 

But it's SO UGLY....and for someone who is so into appearances, did he not care that it just looks awful with her engagement ring?? :dontgetit:

55 minutes ago, Showtunesgirl said:

But it's SO UGLY....and for someone who is so into appearances, did he not care that it just looks awful with her engagement ring?? :dontgetit:

He cares about it matching with HIM. it's all about Davey. 

6 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I showed the photos to my boyfriend who has no idea who these people are. He immediately recoiled in horror and then, grasping for words, finally said, "It seems like the baby is a prop or accessory for their lifestyle...". And when I showed him the photo of the family on the couch and Davia staring out into space, he said that the little girl was clearly already over the whole damn dog and pony show. 

I seriously like this guy. We've been dating for a few weeks but have a ton in common and he can figure out Pecan and Pris - wow! 

That was how I knew my DH was "the one."  He made a Duggar joke completely unprompted.  I believe it was something about a sidehug.

32 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That was how I knew my DH was "the one."  He made a Duggar joke completely unprompted.  I believe it was something about a sidehug.

That's so funny! He kissed me about ten minutes into our first date and I told him that I had already gone farther than a Duggar daughter leading up to her wedding day. He gave me an odd look, so I explained and he responded with "That's just wrong". He's a left wing Christian like me, not easy to find here in Wisconsin. So here's hoping...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived