IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Priscin for a boy.   Although they wouldn't name a boy after his mom. So how about Priscina for a girl or Damascus for a boy?

I could totally get behind the name Damascus for a boy! I kinda like how unusual it is. If the don't use it, maybe Jill and Derick will. It goes with Israel if they want to keep up with the places in the bible theme.

18 hours ago, Kate11 said:

I could totally get behind the name Damascus for a boy! I kinda like how unusual it is. If the don't use it, maybe Jill and Derick will. It goes with Israel if they want to keep up with the places in the bible theme.

Damascus is in Siria, I don't see a fundie using this name.

I know an old lady called Palmira. Is it a biblical place or just an historic one?

On 10/3/2016 at 11:41 AM, Dandruff said:

Priss and Davey have a new blog post up.  They're home.  They went to the Noah's Ark place.  In a video at the end of the post Priss explains...with fervor...that there was only one door in the real ark, so it was the only door to salvation, and so is being saved.  IIRC, she has also gotten extra preachy around the births of Paul and Davia.

And she still comes across as...not right. I could only watch a small bit of the video because listening to her, and watching her, as she speaks is quite literally painful. 

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know an old lady called Palmira. Is it a biblical place or just an historic one?

Palmyra (also in Syria) was originally called Tadmor appears in the Bible (II Chronicles 8.4) as a desert city fortified by Solomon. (There is a mention of a city of Tamar in I Kings 9.18, also fortified by Solomon, which may refer to Tadmor but could also be a place near the Dead Sea.) Tadmor is also mentioned by Josephus (Antiquities, Book VIII) along with the Greek name of Palmyra, as a city built by Solomon. 

Palmyra has fallen victim to the Syrian Civil War and ISIL. This picture shows the Temple of Bel in Palmyra, it was blown up in September 2015.

palmyra.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Palmyra (also in Syria) was originally called Tadmor appears in the Bible (II Chronicles 8.4) as a desert city fortified by Solomon. (There is a mention of a city of Tamar in I Kings 9.18, also fortified by Solomon, which may refer to Tadmor but could also be a place near the Dead Sea.) Tadmor is also mentioned by Josephus (Antiquities, Book VIII) along with the Greek name of Palmyra, as a city built by Solomon. 

Palmyra has fallen victim to the Syrian Civil War and ISIL. This picture shows the Temple of Bel in Palmyra, it was blown up in September 2015.

palmyra.jpg

Thanks for the information .

They're destroying everything, they're terrible to all levels.

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

palmyra.jpg

Those pictures and the conflict in Syria are heartbreaking. Thank you for the history. 

22 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

You say that as if they were not completely ignorant. Damascus is in the BIBLE!

On 10/6/2016 at 9:40 PM, Kate11 said:

My issue with Damascus is that it might not be so great to name your child after the epicenter of the bloodiest civil war in modern history. Way too many "Damascus is blowing up" jokes once he gets old enough to throw tantrums.

Damaris is also a possible biblical female D name. Most steer clear though. Dam as the first syllable turns people off. So my money is still on Dinah. 

But all jokes aside, I am thinking Peter for a boy.

I'll put $10 on any name except Joshua. :)

But seriously if going P this time for either sex then Peter / Prudence.  (Piper and Phoebe to follow...power of three!)

If doing the D for girls and P for boys then Damaris / Peter.  If that's their theme they will have a smallish quiver if they stick to biblical names.  

If I were married to him I'd go full on Puritan and do a Patiencewiththyfather or Dousedinhubris. 

Of all the fundies we snark in I have a soft spot for Priscilla since I do think she's genuinely kind and I just hope that jackass to whom she's married has some redeeming qualities beneath the condescending shitlord exterior.  I doubt it, but for her sake I hope it's true.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Of all the fundies we snark in I have a soft spot for Priscilla since I do think she's genuinely kind and I just hope that jackass to whom she's married has some redeeming qualities beneath the condescending shitlord exterior.  I doubt it, but for her sake I hope it's true.

Maybe he helps ironing Davia's dresses haha.

From all the young fundie couples we discuss, these two are probably who are following fundie/gothard rules more rigidly. I'm sorry for the kids because these parents have too much to prove  about themselves and I see them training and brainwashing full time, to show the world how godly they are as a family.

20 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

For what it's worth, I don't pick up a beater vibe from him.  I also think he had a relatively happy childhood (fundie-style) and wants the same for his own kids.  Don't know how much genuine warmth there is between him and Priscilla but I hope - for her sake - that it's there and just not so apparent on camera.

Hope that a few families get together for homeschooling.  I see some potential issues with that.

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

For what it's worth, I don't pick up a beater vibe from him.  I also think he had a relatively happy childhood (fundie-style) and wants the same for his own kids.  Don't know how much genuine warmth there is between him and Priscilla but I hope - for her sake - that it's there and just not so apparent on camera.

Hope that a few families get together for homeschooling.  I see some potential issues with that.

I didn't mean to imply physical abuse, I never got that vibe.  But I never got the feeling he adores her - more making a 'right' marriage and that makes me sad.  I hope wrong.

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I didn't mean to imply physical abuse, I never got that vibe.  But I never got the feeling he adores her - more making a 'right' marriage and that makes me sad.  I hope wrong.

Not to worry, I didn't think that you were implying physical abuse.  The sense I get is that he's kind of fond of her, and kind of frustrated - sort of how one might feel about a cute, loyal puppy who can't quite get the hang of being trained.

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree, David comes off as someone who treats Priscilla as a pet instead of a person. She is a prop.

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Looks like there was another "Family Conference" last week. Prissy looks ready to pop. 

At least they are close to home. Anyone know if Prissy is gonna pop out this blessing at home? 

9 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

At least they are close to home. Anyone know if Prissy is gonna pop out this blessing at home? 

I presume she will. They haven't done hospital births so far.

31 minutes ago, season of life said:

I presume she will. They haven't done hospital births so far.

True. I had forgotten its the Bates who are ok with Hospital births. I pray its an uncomplicated birth for her though. Mostly due to you know that she will need more strength to keep up with now three blessings.

9 hours ago, season of life said:

I agree, David comes off as someone who treats Priscilla as a pet instead of a person. She is a prop.

Hit the nail on the head. He doesn't give off a physically abusive vibe, but I don't think he really respects Priscilla beyond her role as his dutiful, pretty wife/broodmare. I do get a controlling vibe from him, and I do think that he chose Priscilla to marry because she seems so pliable and eager to please.

17 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Hit the nail on the head. He doesn't give off a physically abusive vibe, but I don't think he really respects Priscilla beyond her role as his dutiful, pretty wife/broodmare. I do get a controlling vibe from him, and I do think that he chose Priscilla to marry because she seems so pliable and eager to please.

He needed a woman who would have as many children as he wanted. Someone who wouldn't complain about going all over the country when she is about to give birth. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived