IGNORED

Priss & Pecan, Pt. 3: Glory Days Dwindling Away

FundieFarmer

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Not necessarily. Even if she is crumbling she cannot show it, tell anyone or give any indication. She must always be David's joyful, smiling, happy wife. Willing and able to do anything he wants at any time. If he says they're living in a bus and traveling the country for the entirety of her late pregnancy, she smiles and says 'let's go!'.

There is no way of knowing what she truly feels about it. She probably doesn't even know.

She's not made of stronger stuff, she is made of clay to be molded and told. She does what she is told, end. of. story. A normal person may be able to say "this is too much! I can't do it! It's hard! I want to be home, in one place". Or any such thing. A Gothard girl doesn't have the option.

Think you misunderstood me. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 1:47 PM, devoe364 said:

I'm only 18 weeks (per ultrasound) or 20 weeks (per my actual count from my period), and I can't imagine traveling around with 2 toddlers NOW. Let alone in Month 8!

I'd take traveling with Paul and Davia over traveling with TFDW, and I'm not big on little kids.

Given what happened when Joshley was away on business, Priscilla may prefer to remain by Davey's side (not that I think he'd ever cavort with other women).  I do wonder why his job always seems to call for so much travel prior to the birth of his children.

I don't think much of them traveling at this stage. Didn't josh and Anna travel really late once along with an emergency home/bus birth bag? 

I've traveled fairly late in pregnancy. To me it's easier to travel while pregnant than to travel with an infant. If you have or are planning to have a lot of kids it gets to be a little ridiculous to bring your life to a grinding halt for each pregnancy/birth/newborn phase. It's just easier to take it in stride.

According to their instagram, they made it home, just in time for Priscilla to get a whole 10-14 days to rest up before she has to give birth, followed by taking care of 3 kids 3 and under, all while putting up with David and his camera always shoved in her face. 

I'm exhausted just reading about Priscilla's life. 

56 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

According to their instagram, they made it home, just in time for Priscilla to get a whole 10-14 days to rest up before she has to give birth, followed by taking care of 3 kids 3 and under, all while putting up with David and his camera always shoved in her face. 

I was really surprised he made her do a video the same day she gave birth. I would not be surprised at all if he did that again. David always acts like he has something he needs to prove. All of the time. I don't understand this.

8 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Rest? Clean out the bus, clean the bus, do laundry, put away things, get ready for baby - that's what you meant, right?

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

was really surprised he made her do a video the same day she gave birth. I would not be surprised at all if he did that again. David always acts like he has something he needs to prove. All of the time. I don't understand this.

He has to prove he's a REAL man.

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 8:04 AM, hollyandivy said:

Rest? Clean out the bus, clean the bus, do laundry, put away things, get ready for baby - that's what you meant, right?

Plus all her regular "woman's work", cooking all the meals, cleaning house, caring for two toddlers (three, if you count her husband), and anything else assigned to her because he's too busy being the man of the house.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm wondering if Anna will make the trip out to see her sister before/for the birth.  Perhaps bring jilly muffin along?

If Anna and/or Jilly go, I hope they don't take the TLC cameras. For all my snark, I have a tiny little soft spot for Priss.  She already has to deal with her showboating husband, she doesn't need a camera stuck in her face (or elsewhere) while giving birth and still caring for Paul, Davia, and Pecan.

If I were Priscilla and Anna visited me, I would not want 4 kids and another dumbass husband floating around me while I have to cook/clean/entertain/smile/be nice. Add that on top of looking after two little ones and nearing #3's due date. 

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm wondering if Anna will make the trip out to see her sister before/for the birth.  Perhaps bring jilly muffin along?

Maybe Jilly can be the midwife.

My heart actually breaks for poor Priscilla; she's one of the few fundies I feel genuinely sorry for. With most of them I feel they chose it so they deserve what they get but with Priscilla, it feels like she's a little more limited intellectually, and has being woefully exploited - first by that disgusting father of hers who sold her into marriage, and secondly by that man-child-with-something-to-prove husband of hers.

So now a third child, with the prospect of many, many more to come. And yes, no doubt a number of unwelcome, unwanted, no-fricken-use house guests will also descend on her.

And the guilt she'll feel about not keeping sweet in her heart...I could cry.

:PLEURE:

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

How old is prissy? She's around 30 right 

Chronologically she is probably close to 30...

Prissy might be thanking Jesus every day that she doesn't have to wake up with Joshley.  Not that I think her current situation is good.

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

How old is prissy? She's around 30 right 

I know she's older than Anna. And Anna is currently 28. 

I thought she was 27 when she got married, which would make her 31 now. 

I guess that's the only good thing about this situation. She got married a lot older than most fundies, and the Keller's seem less fertile than a lot of other fundies, so I don't think she'll ever get to 19 kids. I'm guessing she'll have 2 more at the every-2-years rate she's on now and then start having bigger gaps. 

That still probably means she'll end up with more kids than she can handle, but maybe she won't make it to double digits. 

Pricilla's birthdate is July 7, 1986, so she is 30. She and David married when they were borth 25. I agree with Rose, that her gaps between birth will be about 2 years for a bit and then go down a lot. I can't see her having more than 10, if that, thankfully. 

14 hours ago, Granwych said:

Maybe Jilly can be the midwife.

I'm sure the TLC execs are already cooking up a whole "SEE? The Duggar girls TOTALLY have jobs and stuff!" storyline where Jill uses her "training". If the birth is uncomplicated, they'll find a way to ramp up the drama. If something does happen, they'll scramble for a way to hide that Jill's qualification basically amounts to a Microsoft Word certificate template that says "hooray for you you hung out for like 40 hours with an incompetent quack who permanently brain-damaged a baby now you can deliver babies if absolutely nothing goes wrong".

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Pricilla's birthdate is July 7, 1986, so she is 30. She and David married when they were borth 25. I agree with Rose, that her gaps between birth will be about 2 years for a bit and then go down a lot. I can't see her having more than 10, if that, thankfully. 

Oh man, Priscilla and I have the same birthdate, down to the year. I don't know how I dodnt know that before now.

On 9/30/2016 at 3:45 PM, Buzzard said:

Nooooo!  And that has never happened before so don't tempt fate.  Priscilla managed the last two births without the help of Anna or Jill Duggar.  

She just had the Pecan video-taping her shortly after birthing the latest sprog.  That was bad enough.  Poor Priscilla.

Do not give TLC ideas.  

Let's hope that if Anna visits, she doesn't bring her whole crew. If she left the kids with Boob and Mullet then maybe just she and Dbag could go. So the guys could get some manly wrestling in....

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived