IGNORED

More Bayly Babble - Why our sons are all gay!

watchdog

baylyblog.com/2010/08/if-the-bride-doesnt-vow-to-obey-her-husband-its-not-a-christian-weddding.html

When you officiate at a wedding, be Biblical and tell each bride and groom that you require the bride to submit to God, His Word, and His Creation Order by vowing to obey her husband--just as everyone requires the husband to vow to love his wife.

Explain to the couple that this has been the habit for a thousand years of Christian wedding liturgies; that it can be traced all the way back to Rebekah alighting from her mount and veiling herself when she approached Isaac, out in the fields; and that the modern repudiation of womanly submission is rebellion against God.

baylyblog.com/2011/09/read-this-wedding-sermon.html

How have we gotten to the place that pastors leave out the word 'obey' in the woman's vow and preach sermons to brides that don't mention childbearing and submission?

Speaking in Toledo this past weekend at the Friday Night Bible Study at the home of Bob and Debbie Forney, I pointed out that the weddings I attend nowadays are entirely gender-neutral...

Nothing is said to men-as-men or women-as-women. Just generic nostrums about "love" evacuated of any Biblical content. Any self-sacrifice or glory to God.

This is the fruit of pastors agreeing to disagree over women in leadership over men. The Apostle Paul divided the Church over it, but we make nice with rebels in the hope that we'll be liked and hired and paid. So today, sex is for body part placement and that's it. Sex is to sell clothing and toothpaste and football, but never to live sanctified lives as men and women, boys and girls, and to propogate a godly seed.

We used to neuter our dogs and cats. Now we neuter our wedding vows and sermons, and therefore our sons and daughters, grandsons and grandaughters.

No wonder our sons are all gay. And I'm hoping by now you know there's no accredited academic seminary that can straighten them out.

Guest Anonymous
I'm not seeing how being gay has anything to with women not submitting to their husbands.

On the one hand, I don't see it either. On the other, look who you're dealing with.

Why isn't the groom required to submit to God? Why do we not hear a lot about how a godly man should be treating the wife who is supposed to be submitting to him?

Why isn't the groom required to submit to God? Why do we not hear a lot about how a godly man should be treating the wife who is supposed to be submitting to him?

The same reason Ephesians 5:21 is ignored.

I told my DH before I married him that I will absolutely not obey him. He said he would be creeped out if I did.

Also, we got married in the Catholic church, and "obey" is not in any of the wedding vows we could choose from. Also, the vows we chose didn't involve "being fruitful and multiply."

So, all our sons will be gay because I'm too stubborn and headstrong? Fine by me. As Austin said, so long as they give me grandkids.

"This is the fruit of pastors agreeing to disagree over women in leadership over men. The Apostle Paul divided the Church over it, but we make nice with rebels in the hope that we'll be liked and hired and paid. So today, sex is for body part placement and that's it. Sex is to sell clothing and toothpaste and football, but never to live sanctified lives as men and women, boys and girls, and to propogate a godly seed."

Wait, what the heck is "body part placement"? If he's talking about sexual pleasure, that's a really weird way of putting it...

Huh, my 16 year old son is gay is he?

Well his recent internet history would beg to differ....

By George he got it!

Except...how do we explain Doug Phillips' sexuality?

You know his wedding was rife with "wifely submission", etc., yet he still

has "bosum friends" and manly, soul-stirring relationships.

2. I'm offended that she doesn't think these wedding vows turn our daughters lesbian. What a sexist pig she is :lol:

ITA. The corruption should be completely equal :D

So... not telling women to submit in their wedding vows makes men gay? :think: :text-bs:

Maybe it's a disappointment thing? Like: Okay, she won't submit to me - okay, I'll be gay then!

:P

I can't bear to go looking for the reference, but didn't the Baylys argue once that most Christians are in same-sex marriages because they aren't sufficiently complementarian? Like, the men are all really women married to women... who are trying to be men? Which actually works out to still being a heterosexual relationship, doesn't it? It hurts my head.

Removing the word "obey" from women's wedding vows is turning all boys gay?

I don't think the Bayly brothers understand how this whole "gay" thing works. They don't have a good working knowledge of the relationship between cause and effect either.

Their histronic nonsense is kinda funny.

Archived