IGNORED

The Hodnett Family Converting Scotland

Palimpsest

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm sitting with a dram of Balvenie watching Runrig perform Loch Lomond with my Scottish DH.

I pity the Hodnetts - instead of going there to appreciate a great culture, they want to export their own brand of American religious conservatism. I'm glad it's looking unlikely they will go!

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Spending the weekend up in Glasgow and we have just driven up to Falkirk to see these beauties. 

Scottish Kelpies! 

Scotland has so much to offer, Hodnetts on the other hand have so very little. 

According to the Facebook video I watched here  they got $11,000 and they now need their followers to pray for their documents to be returned to them by October 12th so they can leave on the 13th. 

They have three children: Autumn, Savannah and Jody Jr. 

He is huge. Another self styled preacher who is not short of a bob or two to spend on the calories.

He also sounds half asleep. 

Just another grifter who is to lazy to get a job. Throw in a few haliluahs and keep those $$coming folks. 

Im still wondering where they are going to live. I couldn't make it past the big glasses but I'm a big man sentence, so I may have missed something. 

Yuck, just yuck.

"Prayze Jaysus.  Gahd sent us those eleven thousand, ELEVEN THOUSAND, dollars we needed.  Gahd is so good.  AYE- MEYUN."

Like John Shrader he thanks God not the people stupid enough to send donations.

They are cutting it close if they want God to send their documents back by October 12th.  But God will provide. :pb_rollseyes:

And they have changed the T in Scotland to a cross!

On 9/29/2016 at 5:50 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Do these people not do research on legal requirements to enter countries first.

No.  God deals with all the annoying little problems that Satan puts in the path of missionaries.

Another thought. I hope they have their health insurance sorted. The over stretched  NHS does not look to kindly at folk  just arriving in the country with no permanent address or a job anymore. Things are a lot more stringent now. 

16 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Another thought. I hope they have their health insurance sorted. The over stretched  NHS does not look to kindly at folk  just arriving in the country with no permanent address or a job anymore. Things are a lot more stringent now. 

Insurance is evil! It means you're not relYing on God to take care of you!

32 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Insurance is evil! It means you're not relYing on God to take care of you!

The Scottish tax payer sure wont be happy!!!!

I always sort of marvel at people who can genuinely come up with "I trust in God to provide this thing I want and have convinced myself I need and so God will provide for me rather than me working" because right now I'm basically waiting for news on something that I wish I could believe that. 

The fact that I am waiting to hear back on something that would be life-changing in a great way is part of my frustration. I'm just a giant stress-ball right now. I wish I could just blindly trust that God would work things out the way I wanted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, I think god whispered "Iceland" or "Calcutta (Kolkata)" to Mr. Hodnett, who proceeded to pretend like he didn't hear it. "Iceland?  Calcutta?  Oh, that was just Satan talking."  

Either of those places would be wonderful to visit, except Calcutta during the monsoons, but they're, you know, foreign.  

Or maybe god was calling, "Don't go to Scotland" and Mr. Hodnett got confused or decided to go anyway. 

I've just watched the beginning of the video posted on page one of the thread. Had to turn it off after Scotland was accused of witchcraft and paganism!!!!!!

The proof of this is apparently a photograph of the Witchery Restaurant at the top of the Royal mile and and a photograph of Elaine our famous pierced lady, three women stood wearing coloured wigs inside the castle courtyard, 

Oh and a photograph of the chap who stands on the pavement just below the castle gates , dressed as William Wallace ( think Mel Gibson). He does this most weekends and throughout the festival. He also raises lots of money for charity by doing this. 

Just how much do the Hodnetts raise for charity!!! Oops probably nothing- to busy grifting to come to Pagan, witch filled Scotland!!

Colour me very cross and insulted for Scotland. I live in and love Edinburgh. How dare they. Ugh. Revolting people.

@Gobsmacked the video only goes downhill from there.  I'm serious.

The Hodnetts haven't updated on FB yet with their arrival in Scotland.  I'm hoping that Satan is working against them God didn't organize the visas for Scotland in a timely fashion and they haven't been able to grift enough cash.

45 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

@Gobsmacked the video only goes downhill from there.  I'm serious.

The Hodnetts haven't updated on FB yet with their arrival in Scotland.  I'm hoping that Satan is working against them God didn't organize the visas for Scotland in a timely fashion and they haven't been able to grift enough cash.

I couldn't stomach any more. Jody Hodnett sounds worse than John boy Shrader. He is totally clueless. 

I sincerely and severely hope that the immigration office has decided to do some digging into the Hodnetts background. Hopefully they haven't been able to dupe an extra four churches into handing over the dosh.

If, somehow, they do arrive I may have to start taking regular walks to all the witchy pagan sites in Edinburgh!!!

@Gobsmacked You did the right thing.  Later they use the case of that poor 12 year old girl who was pregnant and gave birth after being raped by her step-brother, and later turned to drink and drugs because the trauma was HUGE, but really turned her life around, and wrote a book about it - she's proof of Scotland's degeneracy NOT because she was abused but because they frame her as this was all her own fault/choice.

ETA as we said upthread, giving birth and giving her child up for adoption is what the Fundie WANT for an abused 12 year old, so it's even more evil of them

My partner was wondering what I'm outraged by - went onto their site and asked "Are their kids really called Anniversary, Autumn and Savannah?" because this sidebar on the prayer letter really confused her - I'm still laughing, because hell, it's not UNlikely!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 13.55.14.png

So Mrs H is named Ginger?

The anniversary date is their wedding date?

Just guessing. Its not clear. 

Anniversary would be a great fundie name, Rapture also!!!!!!

Oh fuck.  Sorry, Scotland.

I just realized Jabba the Missionary Hutt is on Twitter.

Jody L. Hodnett, Sr. ‏@Jody_Hodnett  Oct 13Halifax, Nova Scotia

Boarded and ready for take-off! Excitement has squelched the exhaustion (for the moment)! #Going #ReachingScotland #PlantingChurches

31 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Gobsmacked You did the right thing.  Later they use the case of that poor 12 year old girl who was pregnant and gave birth after being raped by her step-brother, and later turned to drink and drugs because the trauma was HUGE, but really turned her life around, and wrote a book about it - she's proof of Scotland's degeneracy NOT because she was abused but because they frame her as this was all her own fault/choice

The girl was very brave to speak out and write about her dreadful experiences. Hopefully her bravery will help other girls in similar situations.

Jody is a pompous foolish arrogant windbag.

I always thought Jody was a female name?

Good find @Palimpsest!  I really hope they give us blow-by-blow accounts of their reception!  Where they're going would be a start - I'd laugh if, after all their video nonsense, they end up in some beautiful rural or coastal part!

Just now, Lurky said:

Good find @Palimpsest!  I really hope they give us blow-by-blow accounts of their reception!  Where they're going would be a start - I'd laugh if, after all their video nonsense, they end up in some beautiful rural or coastal part!

They claim that they are going to Glasgow.  

If they go to the Highlands they will get a very frosty reception.

Incomers are treated with total suspicion for at least a decade after arriving! Certain places in the Highlands are crunchy hideouts.

The free church is very prominent. There are other churches/ denominations but the wee frees tend to rule.

Highlanders have their own culture and rich heritage, they do not take easily or kindly to being told what to do or that they are doing what they do wrongly.

We spent 10 long years as Incomers in a beautiful area of the Highlands so I speak from experience.

Their visas came through on October 3rd, per Twitter so they have to have found a sponsor.  I'm swearing here.  

OK, Scottish FJers.  Keep your eyes peeled for the the Hodnetts and don't let them get away with preaching hate.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived