IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

I just can't believe Beth would have remained silent if she'd actually read Kate's journal detailing the way she abused her children. She seems too descent a person for that so I suspect you're right about her being told thier story. I made the mistake of looking at the comments on ROL after deciding the place brings too much crazy to the table. How the hell do you make the leap from Kate to Michael Jackson? I decided ditching it was a good judgement call. The hell did I read?!

I just can't believe Beth would have remained silent if she'd actually read Kate's journal detailing the way she abused her children. She seems too descent a person for that so I suspect you're right about her being told thier story. I made the mistake of looking at the comments on ROL after deciding the place brings too much crazy to the table. How the hell do you make the leap from Kate to Michael Jackson? I decided ditching it was a good judgement call. The hell did I read?!

I can usually make it through about 5-10 comments at ROL before I just close the tab in horror/disgust/amazement/etc.

I did notice they have an article up about Steve being out of the picture now. That is another interesting turn of events, if true.

Thank you Curious for the recaps. I am going on over to Amazon to buy the book. Finally!

I had seen the Gosselin specialson Discovery Health and thought the kids were very cute. My husband and I sat down to watch the first J&K+8 and Papa Sew Dear said, "That marriage will never last!"

Amen... :lol:

Daily mail reports kate and 8 are withbsteve and a camera crew filming her summer vacation

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2724934/Kate-Gosselin-bodyguard-Steve-Neild-family-vacation-Massachusetts-romance-rumours-heat-up.html

I assume TLC pays for him. I guess we can expect another special soon.

I just can't believe how many people turned a blind eye to abuse. I know they were bound by an iron clad contract, but shouldn't the safety and well-being of children come first? Wouldn't a judge or jury with any morals decide that a child's life is more important than breaking a contact? Ugh.

I can't imagine how much worse that made it for the children. Abuse is reprehensible and traumatizing, and it must be so much more damaging to know others have witnessed your abuse, that you have no privacy and everything you do is watched - yet no one steps forward. By not stepping forward, to a child it could seem like they are approving of the behavior or just don't care.

From my experience working as an editor and what I know about filming reality shows from my friends I believe the blame really rests on upper management instead of directly on the camera/audio crew. When a crew member sees something during filming that they believe should be reported to authorities they are required to contact the producers. The producer is then required to submit any complaints or concerns to the filming company until it makes its way up the chain to TLC. This process can take a couple hours or take days depending on the company. I have no doubt complaints were filed (if they were filed during teen mom they were filed on Kate) however, someone along the way ignored the complaint or covered it up. :(

As for the contract the crew is under it is important to remember that almost all filming for reality shows are done using freelance workers. In the freelance entertainment job market your reputation is everything. These crew members are trying to support themselves and one wrong word gets out and they are unable to get anymore jobs. I have no doubt in my mind that TLC would have black listed any (if not all) members of the crew that threatened the cash cow that was Jon and Kate Plus 8.

PS: Did anyone see her episode of Celebrity Wife Swap? She switched places with Kendra Wilkinson and every five seconds she kept reminding everyone that she has sooo many kids and never gets any time to herself because she is a single mom guyz. Ugh. Also her rule book was the size of a Detroit phone book.

I think the film crew on reality shows should be "mandatory reporters" of suspected abuse just like teachers and doctors. I it is the law it would not only be extra protection or the kids but would protect the employment of the crew member.

I am on the part of the book where R.H. tells us that Jon and Kate had virtually separated even before the vow renewal. I can hardly put this :popcorn2: book down!

Kate and her 8 will be back on TLC in December!

I am truly perplexed how you can back a known child abuser and be excited about the continuation of child exploitation because your fame-whoring idol refuses to get a job to support her kids. If this would have been any other fundie on this site, you would be in the mix saying they suck, but for some reason, Kate gets a pass from you. Why is that? What is it about Kate that makes you turn a blind eye to her behavior and abuse?

Kate and her 8 will be back on TLC in December!

You are a nut job and I don't know why I'm bothering, but your hypocrisy bothers me more than most people's, so I guess that is why.

Your love for Kate is SO disturbing. You call out other people, but give her a pass on everything. I don't understand how you can even look at yourself in a mirror or sleep at night. Kate ADMITS the journals on which Robert Hoffman's book is written are her's. SHE ADMITS IT ON HER TWITTER ACCOUNT. She does not deny they are her's. She COPYRIGHTED them, FFS. You can't copyright something you did not write. She's tried to stop the book a number of times, but NEVER ONCE has it been for libel or defamation. If you look at any of her tweets about the book/journals/Robert Hoffman, she says a lot of things, but NEVER ONCE does she evoke libel or defamation. That's because she knows if she did, she'd have her flat ass sued right off by Robert Hoffman.

Here are just a few posts you've made recently that I found quickly perusing your posts here on FJ, these are relatively tame compared to your twitter feed, much of which I'm not sure would even pass here on FJ.

The Duggars probably don't believe in CPS. I think stuff is probably going on, but we'll never know about it. Like Smuggar allegedly sexually abusing his siblings. It's all rumors.

If Derrick's mom doesn't want the cameras around while she's receiving treatment, I hope TLC respects her wishes, and doesn't pressure her, because they think Jill and Derrick playing nurse to her, would make for good ratings. She's a person too.
(I guess the Gosselin kids are not people in your mind, then?)

I think they're Gods in the Fundie world. I think most non-Fundies think they're crazy, and do not want to emulate them. If people do, they should do their research about the methods of discipline that J'Chelle and Dim Boob use.
(well I'm not fan of blanket training, but I do think it's a step of from grabbing your toddler by the hair and throwing him into a crib as hard as you can, but maybe that's just me)

J'Chelle hasn't worked hard since the J'Slaves have been old enough to raise her kids for her. She blanket trains her kids, and that's why they're so obedient. I hope that Anna doesn't do the same thing to her kids.
(Kate hasn't worked for the last 2 years pretty much. She's never worked hard since the 6 were born. She had an army of volunteers after their birth and once they got the show she had not-a-nannies, "helpers," people to do her laundry, people to do her ironing, people that did everything but wipe her flat ass for her while she sat around and barked orders at them.)

They are nowhere near perfect. I wish people would see that, and stop worshipping them.
(hahahahahahahahahahaha)

Why did they make it seem like Robyn's kids are Kody's? The only biological child that they have is Solomon. I don't think Kody has adopted her other kids. Way to deceive the viewers, TLC.
(TLC has *never* deceived views before. Certainly they have never done anything like have a fake wedding vow renewal where the mom of 8 kids told them that their parents would be together forever when they were already separated.)

I could go on, but I think this is plenty. Give your head a shake and wake up. Kate is NO different than the Duggars or Sister Wives. It's both sad and amusing that you think she is. I get that she talks to you on twitter and she's a "celebrity" (mostly in her own mind), but think about it. If she was REALLY a celebrity, would she be spending her time on Twitter talking to a bunch of "regular joes" constantly or would she be out there hustling and networking and actually WORKING?

There is a reason she didn't have a twitter account until TLC was ready to turn her loose and they didn't give a shit about her image anymore.

I'm not as nice as Curious so I would have stopped at "You are a nut job."

You are a nut job and I don't know why I'm bothering, but your hypocrisy bothers me more than most people's, so I guess that is why.

Your love for Kate is SO disturbing. You call out other people, but give her a pass on everything. I don't understand how you can even look at yourself in a mirror or sleep at night. Kate ADMITS the journals on which Robert Hoffman's book is written are her's. SHE ADMITS IT ON HER TWITTER ACCOUNT. She does not deny they are her's. She COPYRIGHTED them, FFS. You can't copyright something you did not write. She's tried to stop the book a number of times, but NEVER ONCE has it been for libel or defamation. If you look at any of her tweets about the book/journals/Robert Hoffman, she says a lot of things, but NEVER ONCE does she evoke libel or defamation. That's because she knows if she did, she'd have her flat ass sued right off by Robert Hoffman.

Here are just a few posts you've made recently that I found quickly perusing your posts here on FJ, these are relatively tame compared to your twitter feed, much of which I'm not sure would even pass here on FJ.

(I guess the Gosselin kids are not people in your mind, then?)

(well I'm not fan of blanket training, but I do think it's a step of from grabbing your toddler by the hair and throwing him into a crib as hard as you can, but maybe that's just me)

(Kate hasn't worked for the last 2 years pretty much. She's never worked hard since the 6 were born. She had an army of volunteers after their birth and once they got the show she had not-a-nannies, "helpers," people to do her laundry, people to do her ironing, people that did everything but wipe her flat ass for her while she sat around and barked orders at them.)

(hahahahahahahahahahaha)

(TLC has *never* deceived views before. Certainly they have never done anything like have a fake wedding vow renewal where the mom of 8 kids told them that their parents would be together forever when they were already separated.)

I could go on, but I think this is plenty. Give your head a shake and wake up. Kate is NO different than the Duggars or Sister Wives. It's both sad and amusing that you think she is. I get that she talks to you on twitter and she's a "celebrity" (mostly in her own mind), but think about it. If she was REALLY a celebrity, would she be spending her time on Twitter talking to a bunch of "regular joes" constantly or would she be out there hustling and networking and actually WORKING?

There is a reason she didn't have a twitter account until TLC was ready to turn her loose and they didn't give a shit about her image anymore.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for saying what I've been thinking

Wow...the hypocrisy is strong with this one.... :shock:

I just couldn't take it anymore! It's bad enough that apparently TLC is filming these poor kids again, but then this one is all happy about it.

She's in lurve Curious - with Kate. Of course no one could love Kate as much as Kate but there you have it :cray-cray:

I can see why people are attracted to the Duggars, but Kate? She doesn't even seem nice on the show or interviews.

I don't think there is actually one likable thing about Kate. I find the way she treats family, friends, strangers, her kids, animals, etc. appalling.

I don't like Jon either but I could at least come up with a list of decent things about him.

I don't really understand all the Jon hate. If you actually pay attention to the shows and what has happened since them and not what the MEDIA and KATE want you to pay attention to, it's clear that Jon loves his kids and is a good parent. Does he have flaws? Sure, but who doesn't. Did he make mistakes? Of course, but who hasn't.

The man came out of a 10 year abusive relationship. If he was a woman, no one would say a damn thing about the majority of his behavior.

The double standard regarding domestic violence really bothers me :(

• Upvote 1

I don't really understand all the Jon hate. If you actually pay attention to the shows and what has happened since them and not what the MEDIA and KATE want you to pay attention to, it's clear that Jon loves his kids and is a good parent. Does he have flaws? Sure, but who doesn't. Did he make mistakes? Of course, but who hasn't.

The man came out of a 10 year abusive relationship. If he was a woman, no one would say a damn thing about the majority of his behavior.

When they first got divorced and everyone was dogging on Jon for partying, I kept remember something my brother told me when he got divorced: That you felt like you were eighteen again and you could do anything. So it seemed like a normal, if immature, response to being out of a very toxic relationship.

The double standard bothered me too. I recently have put on a few episodes of the show and was rather surprised to learn that not only was her treatment of him just as horrifying as I remembered, but it was worse! And I remember my mom (who hated the show) mentioning that during the interviews he never looked at her. Poor guy just looked like he wanted to escape from day one.

I don't think that a show would be allowed if a man treated a woman the way Kate treated Jon. People would protest. She really was emotionally abusive and a woman would get a lot more slack for having a hard time getting it together after coming out of years of abuse.

I think Jon definitely loves the kids and is able to really engage with them unlike Kate, but I don't like:

All of the many dysfunctional relationships he had with girlfriends - meeting in bars, moving them in right away, having them around his kids. He was a mess on couples therapy. Immature, angry, bitter, and frankly, weak. I don't think he knows how to have a healthy relationship but it's something he could learn in therapy. He's not evil or anything. There's potential. Most people dislike him because he (may or may not have depending on what timeline you believe) cheated.

Now, Kate didn't cheat. And she provides for the kids. But none of that really matters because she is mentally ill, terribly manipulative with the kids, brainwashes them against their dad, is cold, harsh, completely self absorbed etc. etc. I don't think she has any potential!

I think Jon definitely loves the kids and is able to really engage with them unlike Kate, but I don't like:

All of the many dysfunctional relationships he had with girlfriends - meeting in bars, moving them in right away, having them around his kids. He was a mess on couples therapy. Immature, angry, bitter, and frankly, weak. I don't think he knows how to have a healthy relationship but it's something he could learn in therapy. He's not evil or anything. There's potential. Most people dislike him because he (may or may not have depending on what timeline you believe) cheated.

Now, Kate didn't cheat. And she provides for the kids. But none of that really matters because she is mentally ill, terribly manipulative with the kids, brainwashes them against their dad, is cold, harsh, completely self absorbed etc. etc. I don't think she has any potential!

John spent 6 months going buck wild. During that time he had several girlfriends, only one of which, he may have lived with, Hailey. After that point, he has been in 2 long term relationships: Ellen and his current girlfriend, Liz. He was with Ellen for 18 months or so and they never lived together. He has been with Liz a couple years by now and it's unclear whether they live together or not.

(Full disclosure, I have emailed with Ellen and find her to be a lovely person. We did not discuss anything related to J&K or her relationship with Jon or even mention Jon at all. We both have Chihuahuas and that is what we talked about, but I did make contact with her though Jon's twitter account before he closed it down though, though)

I'm curious how you know Kate didn't cheat. She began traveling all over the country with a married man (who made her husband nervous and who he thought she was cheating with) and she refused to do things like go out to eat on business trips unless he (the married man) was available. She continues to travel with that married man to this day. While she may not have physically been cheating during the marriage (btw, neither was Jon, as they were separated other than for filming and he had Kate's blessing), she was certainly cheating emotionally, which IMIO, is actually much worse.

He was a mess on couples therapy. Immature, angry, bitter, and frankly, weak.
What would people say if anyone said this stuff about a woman that came out of a 10 year abusive marriage?

Curious has a much more in depth knowledge of the Gosselin situation than I do, but I agree with the majority of what she said. It fits my recollections. I snipped for space, but want to emphasize this last bit even though I never watched Couples Therapy.

What would people say if anyone said this stuff about a woman that came out of a 10 year abusive marriage?

ITA. Let's stop with the double standard.

:greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange:

I had never seen couples therapy before (and will probably never watch it again). I watched the one season only because Jon and Liz were on it. Though I admit to liking "the Lesbians" (as they were referred to on the show...I'm not being nasty...they joked about being the only gay couple on the show) as well and I hope they end up staying together because I thought they were an adorable couple.

Did Jon look his best on the show? uh no. It's called Couples THERAPY. People in therapy are usually not exactly shining examples of mental health and stability or they wouldn't need therapy ;) I thought the show did nothing for LIz other than show her as a mini-Kate, at least initially. I think it was good they went on the show if for no other reason than people told her to stop treating Jon like shit because he wasn't going to do that himself most likely.

Many of the scenes with Jon were heartbreaking, IMO.

This is a clip from near the end of CT and you can tell from the faces of the other individuals that they do not expect what they witness. In this episode, the therapists took all the couples to a house and had them talk about a particular problem they had and then destroy objects in a room. Most people picked one or 2 items. From memory, Farrah ( :roll: ) picked a painting off the wall because her mother treasured "things" more than her child when she wouldn't let her run her grimy 3 year old hands over the art in the house or something like that. She hit the painting on a couple things and then threw it out a window. Taylor picked up a trophy and smashed some stuff with it (I can't remember why).

Here is what Jon did: http://www.vh1.com/shows/couples_therap ... 801/video/

Oh, IMO, Jon took it easy in the dining room compared to what I could do. My ex reminds me of Kate and believe me, I would love to be able to destroy a house like that.

I have long, long been disturbed by the double standard that judges Jon differently than a woman who would still be healing from such an abusive and devastating marriage.

Jon was 18 years old when Katie darling hand picked him. She liked Asian men. She knew he came from money and she was middle class. And he was a local soccer star with a promising future. She was older and deliberate in her pursuit of him.

She immediately jumped into not only marriage but infertility treatments. He wasn't permitted to finish college because he had to immediately step into her expectation of a husband. She drained his parents dry of resources until they had nothing left to give to potentially make that twit happy. She systematically isolated him from every person who loved him, and when his mother cut her off financially, she cut them out of the children's lives entirely.

Jon was 18 when he entered a nightmare abusive marriage, in which she deliberately plotted to get high order multiples, abused and controlled him and publically humiliated him to the entire world. When he wanted out of the abuse, she used the powerful arm of TLC to abuse him even further.

Jon needs individual therapy. However, most battered wives programs specifically exclude men from their services, not because they believe men cannot be abused but because often abused women do not feel safe getting services from the same location from men, even when the men are also abuse victims.

Without that therapy, and with the continual public scrutiny that says it's okay that his abuser continues to abuse him every chance she gets, it will be a long, hard road to recovery for him.

If the genders were flipped, no one would see anything even remotely tolerable in this situation.

• Upvote 1