IGNORED

Kate Is Still a Horrible Mother

Tesseract

Whether Kate was actively abused is probably not proven. Is her father a man with odd and strange beliefs and behaviors? Absolutely. Kate is the one who cut her family out and not over overt abuse. The rest of the family still associates on some level. Kate wanted her sister to choose between associating with Kate and associating with the parents. It seems Kate's father is rather high on the narcissism scale himself, but Kate may have ramped up the control and narcissism higher than he did.

:text-yeahthat:

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Kate is conniving, manipulative and narcissistic. She doesn't need counseling because she was abused, she needs counseling because she's so full of herself and deluded, it has caused her to be neglectful and harmful to her children.

She's self absorbed at the expense of her kids. She's the only one to blame for making that choice.

While I can agree with you that Khate needs help, I respectfully disagree with feeling sorry for her because she doesn't know any better. She's very, very decisive, and knows exactly what she wants and what she was doing, IMO.

Yeah, I will give a person who grew up abused in some way one pass. Once someone points out that they are being abusive, they get no more passes. If they didn't know somehow, or didn't realize they were doing it because it's legitimately all they know, that is one thing. But once someone has told you you are doing something horrible, it is your responsibility as an adult to change your behavior.

I finished Robert Hoffman's book last night. He was clear about his basis and that obviously a lot of information came from Jon. To be fair Hoffman doesn't let Jon off the hook completely either. One thing the book makes crystal clear is that Kate is one mentally ill and vastly narcissistic woman who needs a lot of therapy.

Hoffman makes a strong case that Kate is dealing with pathological traits that go way beyond being selfish, stupid and fame obsessed. Her OCD is pretty full blown as exhibited by her clean freak insistence that her house doesn't look lived in, preoccupation with germs, punishing kids for getting water on the vanity and floor when using a sink, locking up Jon's dogs without food or water etc...

Having nannies report her kids conversations with Jon and trying to bribe them into not wanting to spend time with their Dad with toys and gifts is extreme. That level of anger and long term resentment is frightening.

What concerned me the most was Kate's well documented sadistic streak, such as punishing a child by shoving them outside into sub-zero temperatures without coat, gloves or hat for 15 min. She has a malicious streak that likes to inflict and relish pain.

The twins are starting to push back in media interviews, which is good but they are so messed up it is heartbreaking.

I hope Hoffman's book and currently unfolding media attention of the contents ends up costing Kate custody of her children. It didn't in 2012, but the current version seems to be getting a lot of attention. Jon isn't a saint, but at least he seems to actually care about his children's well being. Since they are already being raised by strangers, why not strangers who don't yell, scream, beat, withhold food, threaten and lie to them on a regular basis? :x :evil:

I applaud the child labor law put into effect in PA, but it is too little, too late for the Gosselin children. :cry:

Another chapter summary has been posted: http://www.blog.freejinger.org

Now that the server issues seem to be better, I'm really going to try and do more than 1 chapter every 2 weeks :shock:

Phoenix, thanks for your very thoughtful review. I still haven't read the revised book (just the first version), but I agree with an awful lot of what you said.

I also whole-heartedly agree with the "too little too late" on the amendments to the Child Labor Law in PA. I appreciate what Rep. Murt did, but I still wish that he had been able to push through amendments with more teeth that were closer to CA. Kate can still use too much of kids' meager15% for their education and heath needs. I doubt there will be anything left when the kids reach 18. Some of us are still pursuing similar legislation in other states. (O.K. getting off my soapbox now. :mrgreen: )

Curious, I look forward to your chapter summaries and will trot over to read the latest!

I also found this review. It pulls together some background info and history. Link not broken because I doubt they'd care. http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/0 ... t-hoffman/

*Rolls eyes* :roll:

That's the best you can do for your Queen, you giant hypocrite?

I also found this review. It pulls together some background info and history. Link not broken because I doubt they'd care. http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/0 ... t-hoffman/

How have I never found this site before. I guess I can count today as a "lost to a rabbit hole day" now ;)

I'm just looking at this article you linked above and I will be honest and say there was a period where I didn't keep up with Kate stuff very well because I was busy with *ahem* other stuff :wink-kitty:

I had no idea about this for example:

Google is not going to put an ad out unless you pay. Google also will not market a a popular phrase for you to promote your own product like this was done. Someone paid for this advertisement and marketed “Love Is In The Mix” and had the text shown as; “The Gosselin Book” and linked “Love Is In The Mix” to Amazon. Coincidence? I think not.

Here is the screenshot, which is used with that text. The author states others have used the screenshot and they don't care. I don't want to hotlink, obviously.

post-132-14451999236053_thumb.png

Using that when knowing that Robert Hoffman goes by @gosselinbook on twitter and has gosselinbook.blogspot.com is slimy, IMO.

That's the best you can do for your Queen, you giant hypocrite?

Yeah, I wondered how long it would be before her ridiculous hypocritical self stopped by. :roll:

Eh, I can't stand that monstrous bag of fake hair, but she's free to dig her. I'm waiting for a kid to get all "Eff you mommy dearest" and write a book. It will happen.

Eh, I can't stand that monstrous bag of fake hair, but she's free to dig her. I'm waiting for a kid to get all "Eff you mommy dearest" and write a book. It will happen.

My problem with our resident sheeple is her blatant hypocrisy. She calls out other people for doing *exactly* what Kate does (minus the child/animal abuse in most cases) and then either praises Kate for it or says it's different. Uh no and in many cases with Kate it's actually WORSE because of the...you know...abuse.

I think one (or more) of the kids probably will write a book and I hope they find it therapeutic. I also hope when they are old enough to process stuff a little better they realize that while people close to them may have enabled their mother there were a whole lot of people watching saying NO! This is wrong!

I get that, believe me I've noticed it. It's just trying to reason with her is like arguing with a fence post. I try to just sit in my fingers and ignore the blatant hypocrisy. Right now I have raging PMS and I can't help myself. We've called bullshit and she's suffocating her head is so buried. I'll be a lady and not give a location where. Sorry for any typos I'm using my phone & its wonky.

I get that, believe me I've noticed it. It's just trying to reason with her is like arguing with a fence post. I try to just sit in my fingers and ignore the blatant hypocrisy. Right now I have raging PMS and I can't help myself. We've called bullshit and she's suffocating her head is so buried. I'll be a lady and not give a location where. Sorry for any typos I'm using my phone & its wonky.
''

I agree it probably won't do any good, but hope springs eternal ;) Sometimes you have to explain something over and over until it finally clicks. I keep hoping that one day something that I or someone points out to her finally gets through and see at least sees she is being a hypocrite, if nothing else.

I don't know how you can call the Duggars out for filming their kids and say it's ok for Kate to film her's (for example). How do you rationalize that in your mind and not short circuit.

It's like telling the Duggars dinosaurs and humans didn't chill together. *Or telling a donkey Kevin Bacon wasn't in "Footloose" ;)

*Family Guy used to tickle me. Tell me this doesn't nail it

Family guy Stubborn Donkey: http://youtu.be/Cg_8knBHEyw

• Upvote 1

It's like telling the Duggars dinosaurs and humans didn't chill together. *Or telling a donkey Kevin Bacon wasn't in "Footloose" ;)

*Family Guy used to tickle me. Tell me this doesn't nail it

Family guy Stubborn Donkey: http://youtu.be/Cg_8knBHEyw

I love that episode.

*Rolls eyes* :roll:

May I ask what is it about Kate that makes you like her? Personally I think she is worse than most of the other families on here that we snark on.

Dead tree version of Robert's book is now available: https://www.createspace.com/3585720

Mine copy is on the way ~ bought all versions to support RH. I don't know how much media attention this will get, but it seems ROL is publishing articles here and there based on it.

i expect someday that what happened to the Gosselin kids will appear in some university coursework somewhere.

Mine copy is on the way ~ bought all versions to support RH. I don't know how much media attention this will get, but it seems ROL is publishing articles here and there based on it.

i expect someday that what happened to the Gosselin kids will appear in some university coursework somewhere.

The Talk did a short piece about it last week, but they didn't name the book or author, which I think is a bit shitty. They just called it the "new tell-all book" or something similar. I wonder if they did that because at that point, it was only out in kindle version, but still I think they should have at least mentioned the name or Robert's name. That is normally what happens when a show like that talks about a book.

I watched the clip from the talk and it was pretty good. Sharon Osborne cracked me up. She is no fan of Kate :mouse-shock:

The Talk did a short piece about it last week, but they didn't name the book or author, which I think is a bit shitty. They just called it the "new tell-all book" or something similar. I wonder if they did that because at that point, it was only out in kindle version, but still I think they should have at least mentioned the name or Robert's name. That is normally what happens when a show like that talks about a book.

I watched the clip from the talk and it was pretty good. Sharon Osborne cracked me up. She is no fan of Kate :mouse-shock:

Thanks for letting us know, have to check that out now. I just love Sharon Osborne, ever since she was on Celebrity Apprentice. That is really strange though that they didn't mention the name of the book or where to get it. :angry-banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Remember Beth, who wrote Kate's book, Multiple Blessings, with (for) her? She just spoke out to Radar Online:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/kate-gosselin-bff-beth-carson-falling-out-multiple-blessings-book-money-tour/

What an ass, trying to get a bigger share by adding Jon as an author!

Chronicling the challenges during the first two years of the eight children’s lives, Multiple Blessings was meant to be a joint collaboration between Kate and Beth — until Jon was mysteriously added to the cover of the book as an author, threatening to take a cut of the profits that Beth had tirelessly worked more than a year for.

“We agreed on a 50/50 split and it was fair, although I did do all the writing, absolutely, did all the writing . . . it was without a doubt Kate’s story. She told me the story and I wrote it. Absolutely, I wanted to take nothing away from the fact that it was her story. But I put a lot of work into it,†Beth told Radar.

“I didn’t know that Jon was even on the book until it was published and Kate tried diligently to get my name removed from everything,†Beth explains, admitting that Kate, 39, tried to change their 50/50 split to a third cut between the three of them, netting the Gosselins two thirds instead of just 50%.

“But luckily I’d covered my butt with a lawyer and fortunately I have a business-minded husband who basically said we had to take precautions when doing business with friends. If not, I would have not gotten one penny or had any recourse, because Kate tried very, VERY hard to get my name off everything and take my cut.â€

Ultimately Beth says she got the 50 percent cut she deserved, but things with Kate were never the same.

“That was sort of the last straw, it was a smack in the face,†she tells Radar of being pushed out of all the promotion for the book as well.

“Wow, not only have I changed and fed your kids for years, at my house for a week at a time, all of them, then for her to not acknowledge me was a slap in the face. When we first talked about the book and how it turned out, we were excited to promote it so it was a shocker and stab in the back for her to be like, you didn’t do this.â€

Beth tells Radar she hasn’t spoken with Kate for “years and years†and although she and her husband Bob were also close with Jon, she says they stopped talking to him too “once things got so messy.â€

“I don’t hold any ill wishes toward her,†Beth concluded.

“But for me and my family it just wasn’t what we wanted, and I’ve purposely not commented for years.â€

I just saw this last night. I hope this means that more people will start speaking out against Kate. There has been speculation for years that the falling out had to do with the book, either Jon being added as an author to make it a 1/3-2/3 split or something to do with the book tour. Turns out that like much of the other speculation it was spot on.

I know I am horrible at the chapter summaries for the Hoffman book. My computer is dying a slow, painful death so I'm limping along right now, never sure if I can actually get my main hard drive to boot up. I bit the bullet and ordered a new one finally because I can't survive like this so in the next couple weeks when it arrives, I will get back to the chapter summaries.

I saw this earlier today, and I knew at least one of my peeps would be commenting on it. :D. I vaguely remember reading this in Hoffman's book (?), and it didn't shock me in the least. It was more like a repeated rumor in the book, but I'm surprised that Beth is actually speaking publicly about it. She seemed like an amazing friend; pity Kate tried to poop on such a kind person. Friends like Beth are few and far between and should be valued above zeros on check. I do wonder why she decided to break her silence now though. Anyone have any idea? I looked earlier but saw something shiny and got distracted.

I saw this earlier today, and I knew at least one of my peeps would be commenting on it. :D. I vaguely remember reading this in Hoffman's book (?), and it didn't shock me in the least. It was more like a repeated rumor in the book, but I'm surprised that Beth is actually speaking publicly about it. She seemed like an amazing friend; pity Kate tried to poop on such a kind person. Friends like Beth are few and far between and should be valued above zeros on check. I do wonder why she decided to break her silence now though. Anyone have any idea? I looked earlier but saw something shiny and got distracted.

I have a couple theories on why Beth broke her silence.

1. I think Hoffman's book gaining some traction gives her the ability to speak out without looking like she's just being vengeful and enough time has passed now that it's obvious she not just trying to "get back" at Kate. Kate has also been saying on twitter that she and Beth are still friends, so that might have been at least a little bit of a motive.

2. Since Multiple Blessings was supposedly based on Kate's journal and the journal details some pretty horrific abuse and also Beth and Bob spent a lot of time with Jon and Kate, I think that there are some people that are blaming Beth for standing by while Kate abused the kids since she MUST have known about the abuse.

My take on that is that just because it's based on the journals doesn't mean that Beth READ them. In trying to put myself in that position, I can't imagine wanting to read someone else's private journals. It's well known that Kate and Beth went to a hotel to work on the book, so I'm thinking that Kate read/told Beth her experiences rather than letting Beth read her whole journal. You'd have stuff in your journal that was not pertinent to the book, I would think and stuff that was private that you wouldn't want other people to read.

It was clear from the show that Beth loved the Gosselin kids, so I can't imagine her standing by doing nothing if she really knew the level of abuse going on.