IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Does anyone know how long it took for them to be engaged in real time? The show makes it look like they're moving really fast. 

They started talking in December and got engaged in July. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if all the "JD isn't interested in romance" talk is setting up for a sudden courtship later in the season. like 'oh look the guy who isn't interested in romance was struck by cupid's arrow, isn't that sweet'.  

ETA: But that would be an extremely subtle move for TLC. 

6 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I haven't watched yet.

But the engagement episode is next week already? They have really fast-tracked this relationship! I guess they want the finale to be Jinger's wedding.  I would have thought they'd stretch this for as long as possible. But I suppose they need to get married ASAP because of sex.

I just counted. If this season goes 10 episodes, as has been stated here, the finale would be October 25. They'd have to get married no later than 10/15 in order for TLC to splice together 10 minutes of wedding footage and 110 minutes of Jill and Jessa's weddings. 

Jeremy has a yellow tooth like me, only his is one over to the right. I wonder if it's also dead nerves from having been punched in the face. I mean, the football gets pretty rough. However, I agree; he's better looking live than in photos, and nicely Sicilian in composition.

They made that asking permission scene even more awkward than anything, with Jim Bob stringing the thing out, and then Jeremy thanking him and Mrs. Duggar, which makes me feel a little bit ill. I can think of reasons to thank your future in-laws, but it all seems so plastic and gooey and ick.

I guess repeating it for cameras just does make it worse, though. I wonder how the real thing goes.

Boring. Too much baby proofing talk, oops broke the cabinet. Should have had Jana come over, she already did the lighting. Jana looks like she's doing her best to hold it together. Felt sorry for her. I wonder if Boob is punishing her for turning down Zac Bates? Wouldn't surprise me. Horrifying that your dad picks your spouse for you. Now we have John David all of a sudden. Gee wonder what's going to happen there. Nothing new happened, we already saw everything. I'd like to see how Anna is really coping, I'd like to see Jana do something outside the house on her own. We won't ever see those storylines. 

5 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Barring another verrrry minor storyline (baby proofing for Meredith?)  I think this season's events have pretty much been covered ...(Jinger courtship to engagement only is my guess and the wedding will either be a special or next season) - do we know how many episodes will air?

Poor Jana. Likely doomed to a baby proofing scene with a Duggarville Farms rutabaga or cabbage leaf thrown in for nutritious measure. 

ha - she didn't even make the cut for the baby proofing scene tonight. she's barely an extra in her own family's tv show. 

29 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

They started talking in December and got engaged in July. 

But we don't know (still don't) when they started COURTING. I would guess around April? They left off filming around March, so that timeline would make sense. That would give them 5 months "getting to know" each otherm 3 courting, and (most likely) 3-ish before they walk down the aisle. 

22 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I just counted. If this season goes 10 episodes, as has been stated here, the finale would be October 25. They'd have to get married no later than 10/15 in order for TLC to splice together 10 minutes of wedding footage and 110 minutes of Jill and Jessa's weddings. 

True observation. The wedding shows (and baby shows) have become rerun shows. They finally have an event to show where things happen and what do they do? Show old footage, rehash the same old questions, and stock answers. It's so boring and unnatural. No forward movement. It's like watching a "reality" tv show without the reality. It's all so fake. They dodge what's really going on. Why? Why not show them as they are? Day to day life. School, work, home, etc. It's not all about the big events, but if they have one show that! Not an hour of dress shopping. 

Oh wait! Dress shopping will get its own episode. We've seen proof from the shop that TLC filmed there. 

I believe one of the people articles said that thy started courting in May. 

I also think Anna looks pregnant but it may just be an over sized flowy shirt. 

Just now, JMO said:

I believe one of the people articles said that thy started courting in May. 

I also think Anna looks pregnant but it may just be an over sized flowy shirt. 

Ah, never saw that. They didn't announce it until the end of June, then the engagement a scant month later. 

Am I remembering incorrectly...or was Jill's wedding episode mostly new content? I feel like the constant recapping didn't start until after that.

47 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Jeremy has a yellow tooth like me, only his is one over to the right. I wonder if it's also dead nerves from having been punched in the face. I mean, the football gets pretty rough. However, I agree; he's better looking live than in photos, and nicely Sicilian in composition.

They made that asking permission scene even more awkward than anything, with Jim Bob stringing the thing out, and then Jeremy thanking him and Mrs. Duggar, which makes me feel a little bit ill. I can think of reasons to thank your future in-laws, but it all seems so plastic and gooey and ick.

I guess repeating it for cameras just does make it worse, though. I wonder how the real thing goes.

Like they just made a trade (or purchase) and Jeremy is getting a fabulous deal... It was gross.

Given the timing of the "reality" vs the "taping," for all we know, they are already married and will have a re-enactment for TLC.

Just now, SassyPants said:

Like they just made a trade (or purchase) and Jeremy is getting a fabulous deal... It was gross.

Ooh, you're right. It's that it was transactional. Which, of course it was. But it was brought to bear, seeing it that way.

Are they truly reenactments, or is the "film in the can" just a lot earlier than we're allowed to know? I never thought much about it before, but all the scenes with Jeremy and Jinger did feel stiffly repeated to me. Or else he is not only awkward in front of the camera, but the show has a really crappy editor.

2 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

Someone at Verizon had a little fun with the episode descriptions. 

20160823_194514.jpg

I was just about to post this.  I have the same series synopsis on Google Fiber.

I'm wondering if the season will lead up to the wedding and then we'll get a special episode for the wedding.

5 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Given the timing of the "reality" vs the "taping," for all we know, they are already married and will have a re-enactment for TLC.

I had the exact same thought.

Y'all need to follow Amy on snapchat. Or not. Lol.

She said she was going to give commentary on the show. Mentioned that Jinger is completely smitten and mentioned JD's comment about "not being in the business of romance." She made it seem like she didnt believe JD's comment at all. 

Could be a ploy of the duggars though. she was watching the show with her mom and grandma duggar.

I am watching the beginning of the episode.

"Fads" in baby proofing? I'm sure to them, anchoring furniture is a fad.

I was cringing when I saw the death trap of a house Jill and Derick have Israel in.

I have to admit, I kind of like Derick's long hair.

I see Jill showing him a Roger Priddy book. Those are some of our favorites.

39 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, they just bought the dress last week. Or did they just tape a re-enactment? :D

We could be looking at the pilot of (S)Inception: Duggar Edition.....

40 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Well, they just bought the dress last week. Or did they just tape a re-enactment? :D

Well, someone bought a dress last week...was it ever verified who?

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived