IGNORED

Counting On Season Two

Coconut Flan

Does it strike anyone as a little weird that they dress Noel (the adopted child) in traditionally African clothing and not their white child? It's an adorable dress though. 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Does it strike anyone as a little weird that they dress Noel (the adopted child) in traditionally African clothing and not their white child? It's an adorable dress though. 

I was thinking the same exact thing. 

Also lol when Ben couldn't open the child-proofed door

Counting on Part 3 - the duggars get screwin

Back at Jessa's house they lay out what they bought  Jessa will find "her drill thing" and see if she can set it up.  Out comes the drill!

Jinger walks around covering plugs.  Spurge crawls around.  She explains they like to open doors and play iwth markers.

Jessa says the cabinet locks arre "super difficult" to hold "the little thing in place and get the screw and put it all together."  They fuck it up and giggle.  They ignore directions... and try to put in a screw... and split the wood. They fix it and she "learns for the next cabinet to center it more."

Jinger and Jessa are best friends. Typically she's not a take charge person but just jumps in and helps out

The other girls explain that she gets embarrassed... and runs over curbs... and its funny.

Jessa says of course she's in love! With JESSA! They're best friends! Oh, you mean like a guy? That will happen one day...

Anna does the rest of the house while they do cabinets.  Spurge whines... They lock up the birthin toilet... Somehow Jessa's hair gets done... 

Phew, they are ready for the babysitting gig and somehow Bin appears!  They cook various fried frozen foods (and carrots)... and the napiers arrive!  Apparently the mom needs to go to the grocery store so they're taking the older kids. Jessa says their story is maybe "futuristic of our story."

Bin offers the kids carrots, potatoes, and mac and cheese.  They just want mac and cheese, not chicken.  Jessa says its OK.  She doesnt need to feed them carrots or chicken.  Bin tries, but Jessa says its better to just keep them happy.  They're not her kids.

Spurge sits on the floor in a bumbo... 

Jessa gives the kids gift bags and they play with the doll clothes they bought them for the wooden magnetic dolls.  

Jessa - they had a 'blast' playing with those.  Spurge sat there and watched.  Bin give them a book of dinosaurs to play with (no sign of jesus in this book).  Jessa comments on how it wouldnt be this calm if boys.

The doorbell rings and bin cant open it.  Mom is back! The kids didnt die...

Jessa - as we're praying towards and working towards an adoption is great to work this road.  We're wroking towards a domestic adoption.  They talked with a local agency who told them to come back when he's 9 months.

They leave... 

Back at the TTH - Boob walks outside and sees a dog.  He's going to pick up jeremy to have a chat.

Jinger says she's "not officially courting."  She wont clarify.

A dinosaur coloring book. I feel like they are, but I have to ask- they're creationists, right? Evolution isn't real and God made the earth in seven days? I mean if you believe that, go for it- but I do wonder what their beliefs concerning dinosaurs are. And how they explain dinosaurs to their kids.

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We're treated to a bunch of pictures and Jessa cooing about how difference love is for your own kid.  

lol As opposed to all the other kids you've raised who were NOT your children. Jessa, that is not normal! Unless you were a paid nanny, which is a career.

Why does Jessa act like Jinger doesn't have a love interest when she's clearly already infatuated and he's flying in to talk with JB?

1 minute ago, JMO said:

Why does Jessa act like Jinger doesn't have a love interest when she's clearly already infatuated and he's flying in to talk with JB?

because its a secret :D

1 minute ago, MargaretElliott said:

A dinosaur coloring book. I feel like they are, but I have to ask- they're creationists, right? Evolution isn't real and God made the earth in seven days? I mean if you believe that, go for it- but I do wonder what their beliefs concerning dinosaurs are. And how they explain dinosaurs to their kids.

You missed their visit to the creation museum?! Intelligent design, baby.

I'll see if there is a clip on YouTube. 

8 minutes ago, JMO said:

#DRAMA1!!!!1111

Seriously, it's as close as TLC can get to a plot device aside from inane shopping trips. 

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Sad musak and little brown children... Jill says now she has to have people over cuz its scary to be out with Israel because "hes a gringo and he stands out and that brings risk."

Soooo, I'm an uninformed naive white person in midwest America... is this a thing? lol Jill is being dumb right? I assume Izzy is not at risk for kidnapping simply because he's a white kid from the US. 

Though I guess, also being dumb or uninformed, maybe I have to give her benefit of the doubt...

29 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

Fake pigtails on meri, why??? :pb_confused:

Dude, if someone thought there was a penis in her diaper she might become a lesbian. Obviously.

Lol @ Jim Bob scarfing down the giant chocolate muffin during the scene with Jeremy. The scene is obviously staged, can you wait 20 minutes to eat? This is so unnecessary :pb_lol:

Did the dinosaurs make it onto the ark? Maybe they got two of the same sex and that's why they're extinct?  They didn't cover that in public school.

What do y'all think of Jeremy.??  He seems so MANLY to me, and Jinger seems so much younger, maybe not necessarily in years, but just in general.  

1 minute ago, twinmama said:

Soooo, I'm an uninformed naive white person in midwest America... is this a thing? lol Jill is being dumb right? I assume Izzy is not at risk for kidnapping simply because he's a white kid from the US. 

Though I guess, also being dumb or uninformed, maybe I have to give her benefit of the doubt...

Actually it is a thing, not sure about their exactly location it may be a safe area, but the poverty is massive there, and gangs are about the only thing they have in many parts of Mexico and central America. From talking with coworkers who are from CA I know Honduras is particularly bad. White people are targeted because they think they are "rich Americans".  So I'm kind of with Jill on this she's being a momma bear, I can't fault her for that no matter if her concerns aren't 100% realistic. 

2 minutes ago, twinmama said:

No, Jill is legitimately being a freak. I think it's pretty normal to believe everyone in the world is as crazy about your bb as you are, but that impulse always takes a creepy racist turn in Jill, i.e. "EVERYONE WANTS TO HOLD MY RADIANT WHITE BABY!" and now this.

1 minute ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

What do y'all think of Jeremy.??  He seems so MANLY to me, and Jinger seems so much younger, maybe not necessarily in years, but just in general.  

He is articulate. He needs to train Ben and Derick-

Just popping in to say the Jeremy is better looking "in person" than he is in photos. And I love that he brought her flowers in a coffee mug. More after the show.

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Actually it is a thing, not sure about their exactly location it may be a safe area, but the poverty is massive there, and gangs are about the only thing they have in many parts of Mexico and central America. From talking with coworkers who are from CA I know Honduras is particularly bad. White people are targeted because they think they are "rich Americans".  So I'm kind of with Jill on this she's being a momma bear, I can't fault her for that no matter if her concerns aren't 100% realistic. 

I think it doesn't even have to be particularly racist, just uneducated or maybe zenophobic. But I know that if I had my first child in a country I wasn't familiar with, I'd be overprotective just because I didn't understand the local culture and language! First time parents get overprotective in towns they have spent their entire lives in. 

I am all of 10 minutes in on this shitshow due to technical difficulties and all I can say is that this Jeremy is an idiot. But it will sure be interesting to see how long he can keep up appearances!

• Coconut Flan unpinned and locked this topic

Archived