IGNORED

Nathan Daher/Hannah Braniger Wedding (Photos)

DomWackTroll

55 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Who are these people-- her family, I mean? They’re (apparently) VF-ers and Pearl followers named Dennis and Ruth, and they have 10 other children. Do we know them?

They donʻt ring a bell with me but from reading Anneʻs website, her parents sound like other young couples discussed here who were less than godly at one point and then turned virulently fundie.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm remembering (somewhere in the deepest recesses of my cobwebby mind) that they had a family band, website & all. From Anne's mention of Dennis disliking French people, I suspect they're from somewhere near Quebec? No aspersions cast on anybody! -- I just can't think of anyplace else in North America where there's enough of a French population to engender a generalized dislike in some people. 

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm remembering (somewhere in the deepest recesses of my cobwebby mind) that they had a family band, website & all. From Anne's mention of Dennis disliking French people, I suspect they're from somewhere near Quebec? No aspersions cast on anybody! -- I just can't think of anyplace else in North America where there's enough of a French population to engender a generalized dislike in some people. 

Holy mackerel, MamaJB -- your cobwebs are better than most peopleʻs brain cells! 

Courtesy @JustAnotherMaiden, this looks like what the cobwebs are recollecting:

12794856_10153992684159763_1632551132856241792_o.jpg

I've been consorting with some amusing-heartbreaking-inspiring cyber-bunnies as I've spent the last hour going thru the wonderful rabbit trail that is Mrs. Eloper's blog, and before I head for bed, have to share this from their first married year; Jordan & Jeremy would find it all "deserved punishment," I suppose, but I love that The Elopers have faced some real trials, relied on each other and good family, and are going strong: 

http://www.quicksilverqueen.com/2011/series-of-unfortunate-events/

Had I the option of spending a lazy Sunday afternoon with them or either Niednagel family, I'd choose the Mosers.  Surely the Niednagels' "Nottinghill" compound is posher, but it wouldn't be enough to persuade me to leave Anne & Scottie's stories.

i mean, some while ago, Jordan & Melissa just nearly expired at having to pay $8 for a gallon of milk on one if their child-free vacations in Florida.  Jordan & Melissa??--read about some of Scottie & Anne's troubles.  And not just to tsk,tsk at how this is all their own fault -- but to get an idea how the 99% live, live and eventually laugh about the vagaries of living.  I don't know how you'll react, but I'm smiling in recognition and regard.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherMaiden said:

I remember this family. Dennis McLean

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.mclean.77

Ohmyword that graphic…

On 8/24/2016 at 10:13 AM, DomWackTroll said:

Vision Forum people, and Dominionists in general, aren't against dancing per se. Some think any kind of dancing is okay, while others limit it to "English country dancing" at their silly dress-up parties. But the vast majority do dance. 

Do they still hang with the Mortons? Or did I imagine MThomases at the New Year's Balls Past, with Dear Addie swooning over an MThomas?

BeautifulMeliss and I have the same shoes.

And some people need tutorials on '40s fashion.

@MamaJunebug It's not the judgy Jesus that bothers me; I can actual handle that better than I handle just about any other single aspect of Jordan- the cos-play, the videos, the writing, the attempts to be a web sensation on that weird website, never mind the fact he looks like he fell out of a late '80s-early '90s bad failed boy band.

51 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Do they still hang with the Mortons? Or did I imagine MThomases at the New Year's Balls Past, with Dear Addie swooning over an MThomas?

BeautifulMeliss and I have the same shoes.

And some people need tutorials on '40s fashion.

@MamaJunebug It's not the judgy Jesus that bothers me; I can actual handle that better than I handle just about any other single aspect of Jordan- the cos-play, the videos, the writing, the attempts to be a web sensation on that weird website, never mind the fact he looks like he fell out of a late '80s-early '90s bad failed boy band.

The bolded had me howling! 

So Judgy Jordan was Facebook shaming because he thought Anne and Scottie required pre-nuptial permission and blessing from a couple of plumbing line wielding, child abusing, spanking-our-children-well-into-adulthood, avowed Michael Pearl devotees??

Fuck you, Jordan. Fuck you a thousand times.

(By happy coincidence, A and S celebrated their 6th anniversary yesterday, per their FB pages. Mazel tov!)

I don't know who these people are.  But I'll be all Judgy McJudgerson over here in my corner and say that though the bridesmaids look nice (navy is my favorite color), I think the guys look...hideous.  Absolutely hideous.  With all the scruff and the mismatching hats, they look like a bunch of hobos that just jumped off a train in 1934.  

7 hours ago, Lurky said:

This blog of hers made me so sad for her, but oh my word, I hope she is so, SO proud of herself.  Such strength!

http://www.quicksilverqueen.com/2013/the-third-year/

Looks like her siblings (or her sisters, anyway) will have an even harder time leaving than she did:

I sure hope they leave!! I’m pretty sure none of them will…but I can hope. Maybe the younger ones. The girls are kept at home and not really allowed to make money, so they wouldn’t have the same advantage I did (I did website work for a year before, so I had $900 saved up).

Guess the parents never made the mistake of letting their daughters have their own money ever again. :(

Seems Scottie’s family was deep “in the life,” too. Here’s Scottie starring as abortion-pushing teen villain “Joe Blackmun” in the Christian short film “The Meaning of ‘Choice.’” Check out the Crew page, too; you’ll see such familiar names as “Gunn” and “Moore.”

http://www.meaningofchoice.com/about.html

And here’s another masterpiece (“currently under consideration for competition in the 2009 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival”) called “Hoplophobia,” on which Scottie did the photography: “When a masked thug breaks into her house late one night while her husband is gone on a business trip, struggling writer Cynthia Lane's only hope is to overcome her superstitious fear of firearms and reach for her husband's gun.”

http://www.freedomwarriorproductions.com/hoplophobia.html

Oy. 

8 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Seems Scottie’s family was deep “in the life,” too. Here’s Scottie starring as abortion-pushing teen villain “Joe Blackmun” in the Christian short film “The Meaning of ‘Choice.’” Check out the Crew page, too; you’ll see such familiar names as “Gunn” and “Moore.”

http://www.meaningofchoice.com/about.html

And here’s another masterpiece (“currently under consideration for competition in the 2009 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival”) called “Hoplophobia,” on which Scottie did the photography: “When a masked thug breaks into her house late one night while her husband is gone on a business trip, struggling writer Cynthia Lane's only hope is to overcome her superstitious fear of firearms and reach for her husband's gun.”

http://www.freedomwarriorproductions.com/hoplophobia.html

Oy. 

And now they're both atheists, and I strongly suspect I'd still feel more comfortable with them, I think, than with the Niednagels. ;-)

I really cannot understand parents who cut off all relationship with their children. I will never get that. My kids have made choices different than what I would have chosen for them, they don't all believe what I do. But they are all amazing people and I want a relationship with them. Why would any parent want to cut their children out of their lives? I have 2 (at least) local friends who have done this. They say they want a relationship with their child, but only if there is repentance. In one case it's a gothard family and the daughter is still a Christian, married to a Christian man, and has 2 kids her parents and some siblings haven't met. The other case the son did reject Christianity, but I still don't understand the not wanting a relationship. Is it not emotional manipulation? I'll have a relationship with you only if you believe and act exactly as i say? So very sad. I'll never get it. 

Elopers...I like it :D I had totally forgotten about that Niednagel post!

Scottie's family was much more into VF than mine, mine were more into the Pearls but we did get the VF magazines and met the MacDonalds and stuff.

No idea why Dennis says he doesn't like the French, other than he says when they speak they shape their mouths into buttholes. From the shit that comes from his mouth you'd think his mouth was the butthole...but I digress.

Thank you for the well-wishes and encouragement! We're doing a LOT better now than we were a few years ago (both of us have great jobs).

That cover photo on Dennis' facebook is a painting that used to hang in his office (I don't know where it is now, they've moved). So delightful. /sarcasm

Who is this dennis McLean guy? He must be in the Portland area? We have friends in common on Fb, and I have mutual friends with lots of his friends. I don't see a clear connection, though I think all are homeschoolers. 

7 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Who is this dennis McLean guy? He must be in the Portland area? We have friends in common on Fb, and I have mutual friends with lots of his friends. I don't see a clear connection, though I think all are homeschoolers. 

That's quite interesting...lol he was born and raised in the Portland area but is there no longer.

I think I've found my next rabbit hole. I hate to say it, but Jill Rodrigues is getting a little monotonous.

• 1 year later...
On 8/25/2016 at 1:36 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Can you believe him? "Well, we may not like it, but God clearly states that women are the property of men."

Looks like this one got deleted, as I can no longer find it in the comment section of that thread anymore.

The LCMS Lutheran pastor today just remarked in Bible class that women are NOT property.

Here also is a thread where my dad laid down the law on the Niednagels.  He took fatherly authority and put them in their place:

https://www.facebook.com/khendra.murdock/posts/854068523748?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Archived