IGNORED

Nathan Daher/Hannah Braniger Wedding (Photos)

DomWackTroll

Only about 5 million photos, courtesy of Melissa Niednagel, who of course looked amazing and perfect three weeks after giving birth to an infant who of course was a perfect angel throughout the entire event.

Needless to say, it was a retro hipster nightmare-- with no alcohol, as far as I could see! 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the yellow sofa and the bridesmaid dresses aren't hideous. 

12 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I like the yellow sofa and the bridesmaid dresses aren't hideous. 

Navy is a great choice because it looks good on most women, dark or fair. 

I don't know most of these families, but it's nice to get a Thomas update. Micaiah has a special friend, and does Marscel have a wife and baby?! 

The Tull family rang a tiny bell because Kaeleigh Holt, of the Arkansas Holts, teehee, married Rob Tull. But I don't know anything about the Tulls or any other family that attended this shindig.

It's hilarious to me that these people are still playing dress up after all this time.

They pulled off the vintage feel with class.

Shhh!!! If you say "classy vintage wedding" in front of a mirror three times at midnight, the ghost of Meredith Alexander will appear and drag you with her into the twilight zone, where you, too, will never be seen or heard from again except through sporadic pinterest edits.

Love the detail about the baby pooping right before the wedding. Very relatable.

I think the picture of Melanie Thomas in the red dress is lovely. It's almost like they're advertising for a mate for her though.

Thanks for posting, DWT. I hadn't had my daily dose of self-satisfaction  in quite a while -- now I'm good for at least half a year. 

One of these days I'll post my paean to the hard life of Jordan & Melissa, but not right now.  I'm feeling so smug for being so creative!, doncha know.  (BTW, MiracleMelissa, Nottinghill MO is not 2,000 miles from Massachusetts. Afraid her exaggerated self-promotion to be queen if the 417 area code will never stop being annoying.) 

And now I know what's worse than overly matchy-matched bridesmaids...matchy-matched mothers. Why did no one say no to that? 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

And now I know what's worse than overly matchy-matched bridesmaids...matchy-matched mothers. Why did no one say no to that? 

Thank you for mentioning this. I just had no words for how ridiculous this looked. WHY???

11 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Who would DARE say no to Melissa Queen Of The 417 and Jordan Queen Of Everything??!!  Why, they might not permit you to pay for their quarterly 10-day trip to somewhere, nor let you keep their obedient chirruns while they're gone! The hardship.  

I looked in vain for Evil Jakey G -- wasn't he one of Jordanyo and Nathan's best buds for years? The third musketeer? Oh, now I've said it -- the next wedding's theme will be The Twee Musketeers, just watch...

8 minutes ago, Sydney Fox said:

Thank you for mentioning this. I just had no words for how ridiculous this looked. WHY???

Because Ma delights in how extra-sleek and youthful she appears, especially  in  contrast to Matriarch Niednagel?   I mean -- wide-mouthed grin -- Ma *did* lend Matriarch her navy fascinator!  Did anyone mention that she's Portuguese??? 

"Can it beeeee that it was all so simple then?/ Or has time rewritten every line?

If we had the chance to do it all again/ Tell me, would we? Could we?"

nov607sm.jpg

Notice the other Voeller aunt's comment on Meliss's photo of 11-yo Kalea Niednagel holding the latest Perfectly Obedient N Baby ? Seems Kalea has decided her wedding will be at that venue, and Aunty Meliss says, "now her parents just need to find the groom!" To which Aunty Voeller replies, "Please God not for another 20 years! [laughing-til-crying emoji] ". 

WHAT heresy is this? There's only one unwed 30-yo female and that's Melanie. Thought everybody *knew* that--!

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

"Daily dose of self-satisfaction," "Twee Musketeers," and the homage to "The Way We Were."

Thanks, MJB and DWT, for the perfectly-timed laughs!!

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

You know you're fundie when your defining personality trait (and that of every woman you know) is your hair color.

...and when Melissa Niednagel is what you consider to be "dark skinned." :roll: 

https://www.theknot.com/us/nathanael-daher-and-hannah-braniger-aug-2016

ETA: Gotta say that Nathan was lazy AF when it came to The Knot. Shit, he couldn't even write some half-assed descriptions of his groomsmen. 

They can't spring for the wooden folding chairs for their wedding?

Ugh, poor chair choices at events is a pet peeve of mine. They make the room, people. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

ETA: Gotta say that Nathan was lazy AF when it came to The Knot. Shit, he couldn't even write some half-assed descriptions of his groomsmen. 

Seriously.  What?! Melissa Niednagel is dark skinned? Ooooohboy.

Also, the bride's description of San Diego as exciting because she'd "never been west that far" made me twitch a bit. 

So they got engaged exactly four months after they first met. Based on their story, the engagement happened on the third time they met in person. That's quick, even for a fundie. Actually, I'm not surprised anymore if their wedding was the fourth time they met.

@MamaJunebug, I can't like your posts on this topic enough! Exactly my thoughts - nice to see someone likes the Thomases and Niednagels as much as I do ;)  I liked especially "Jordan Queen Of Everything" :pb_lol:  There's something so irritating about them. The smugness, self satisfaction, arrogance, you name it. And are were sure it's Pa Niednagel who is/has been seriously ill and not Pa Thomas? I mean no snark here but Pa Thomas  really looks like Death himself: niednagel.com/blog2016/aug12168.jpg

Those Thomas boys - so nice to the eyes but so very aware of that (I'm mostly talking about you, Matthew).

JillyMuffin Dillard, take note: if you want to be the Queen of Clingyness (is that even a word?) take a look at Micaiah's bride and learn from the master.

Yes, Ma Thomas, we have noticed you. For the hundredth time :pb_rollseyes:

Actually, I think Mom Niednagel is very beautiful. She looks lot older than the ever grinning attention wh... catcher Ma Thomas, but I think she's aged naturally and beautifully.

And the last question: WHAT THE F**K DO THESE PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?????

I just read the rundown the Knot. What the hell is a refreshing relationship with the Lord? What's with all the texting stuff? LOL is not something you write in an essay, dingbat.
Please, God, do not let her home school. Her children will be illiterate.

8 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And are were sure it's Pa Niednagel who is/has been seriously ill and not Pa Thomas? I mean no snark here but Pa Thomas  really looks like Death himself: niednagel.com/blog2016/aug12168.jpg

Pa Thomas has always looked cadaverous whether heʻs in modern dress or "historical" cosplay.

8 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And the last question: WHAT THE F**K DO THESE PEOPLE DO FOR A LIVING?????

Yes, this is the question.

In the case of anyone with the last name of Niednagel, itʻs probably safe to assume they are beneficiaries of the ill-gotten wealth of Pa (Jonathan) Niednagelʻs junk science of brain typing, which heʻs peddled quite successfully in the sports world*. 

*Where, it appears, a sucker is born every nano-second.

Thomas blog, October 1, 2010: “We are moving to Oklahoma. Pa was offered a job there (within Raytheon) that really seems to fit perfect for him.”

http://themthomases.blogspot.com/2010/10/nh-splendor.html

Is Pa still working there? I don’t know. But I’m sure he made good money. And we know that Jordan’s dad is very wealthy and that Jordan works for him. 

18 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Uh, Melissa is darker than Hannah. A good deal darker. She strikes me as a person who looks at herself in the mirror a lot, but I guess I was wrong. ;) 

15 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:

Seriously.  What?! Melissa Niednagel is dark skinned? Ooooohboy.

Also, the bride's description of San Diego as exciting because she'd "never been west that far" made me twitch a bit. 

Oops I misunderstood the blurb. Disregard the above!

You had me at "The riggers of a bridesmaid are many...." :boom:

Someone bake Curtis some cookies, because according to Melissa paying attention to your pregnant wife is a noteworthy event.

*Editing to add that YES I am looking at ALL OF THE PICTURES*

Pls PM me for intervention information thx ppl

This one just because I am drinking pisco sours and for some reason Mel looks positively SCANDALIZED which is really a joy to behold. I'm going to move on to the St. Germain and see if any other scintillating insights reveal themselves to me.

Archived