IGNORED

Pick A Reason Kelly Bates Is A LOUSY Mother

nelliebelle1197

Because of every single reason in this thread, and yet she is oblivious to those very reasons.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For apparently being OK with her husband leaving a corporate job - with presumed benefits for herself and their children - in order to become self-employed.

29 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

For apparently being OK with her husband leaving a corporate job - with presumed benefits for herself and their children - in order to become self-employed.

I don't have a problem with self-employment, but we all know Gil took this opportunity to do very little work and be lazy.

20 minutes ago, season of life said:

I don't have a problem with self-employment, but we all know Gil took this opportunity to do very little work and be lazy.

I don't have a problem with self-employment either, but the lack of health benefits is an issue.

Self employment is a problem when you don't make enough money to take care of your family and your wife isn't allowed to work. Sometimes you have got to suck it up and work for somebody else in order to take care of your family.

On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 8:06 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

@nelliebelle1197 once you have responses if you wanted to make a poll so we could vote in which thing she does is the worst just let me know.  

Oh please make sure there's an "all the above" option in the poll, since that is really the answer many of us have.

My 10 things I can't stand about Kelly jo.

1. Giving Michael the name Michael then saying they didn't realize the name had negative connotations to it. Don't name your child something without thoroughly looking it up. David's wife Michael in the bible defied her father for her husband, isn't the husband now the owner anyways according to them? And if she didn't like it then change it. Make up your  mind Kjo. 

2. Allowing Michael to potty train the children. Potty training children can be stressful tedious and annoying. Handle your shit better Kjo. 

3. Having the photo up of the Kkk leader in your living room and you have black sisters. No Kjo.

4. Allowing her husband to hide a sex abuse scandal. 

5. May seem petty. But Erin and Chad always said they had one miscarriage, it was Kelly who kept repeating three. I know her friend Kelsey said "babies" too, still they never said it.

6. For believing that her and Gil deserve weekly date nights and annual vacations. I'm sorry you have 19 children, many under the age of 10, why should your other children have to watch them. These vacations probably made the babies, and how do you have so much sex when you have so many people around? Do they put a sock on their door, or have quiet hours like in college?

7. For bragging that your children offered to fast when you were having a hard time keeping a pregnancy pass the age of 45, and thinking that it was endearing and normal. 

8. Every time I see Callie and Michael together. That's a mother daughter bond. I hope Michael can someone keep sassy Callie. 

9. Allowing her kids to wear prairie dresses when you come from a normal family. 

10. I do like that Kelly seems to care about education, but it's clown college so  boom 10 reasons.

Neon frumpers. At least make your frumpers a godly shade of blah, God doesn't want a migraine when looking upon his most holy arrows. 

35 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Neon frumpers. At least make your frumpers a godly shade of blah, God doesn't want a migraine when looking upon his most holy arrows. 

I thought the point was to draw attention to the face .

My list has a few repeats.

Nathan Bedford Forrest

starving & sickly horses

Denying the children to participate in their grandparent's cultural activity, Carolina Shag.

Denying the children the opportunity gain a degree or trade.

Scrubbing the blog.

ER abuse

On 15 August 2016 at 0:58 PM, Yomoaw said:

This one might be a little petty, but Michael/l/a's name. Pick your way it's been botched - not researching Michal in the first place, not paying to change more than one letter and fix it properly, or not settling on a nickname/ proper spelling in the meantime. And Michaella came along before she had a dozen others to keep track of. I wouldn't be happy if my parents were so careless with one of the first things to form my identity.

Its even worse considering their culture so highly emphasises femininity and a woman knowing her place... It can't be a good thing to be a woman with a mans name in that environment, regardless of the reasons behind it. 

@Exjw2015deedTwo brief things:

1. Michael was originally named Michal, after the Biblical figure. They added the "e" letter after realizing they're idiots who don't actually know the Bible as well as they claim. And that they're cheap jackasses who wouldn't pay to correct their original mistake and, instead, saddled their kid with multiple versions of her name.

2. Kelly may have discussed multiple miscarriages first. However, in choosing to publicly discuss their reproductive issues, Cherin kind of confirmed the fact there was more than one. Doctors really don't investigate why someone miscarried unless there have been more than one (my Doctor didn't run any tests or anything after I miscarried in February.) I agree though - still incredibly shitty of her to do if they didn't give her the ok before hand.

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

@Exjw2015deedTwo brief things:

1. Michael was originally named Michal, after the Biblical figure. They added the "e" letter after realizing they're idiots who don't actually know the Bible as well as they claim. And that they're cheap jackasses who wouldn't pay to correct their original mistake and, instead, saddled their kid with multiple versions of her name.

2. Kelly may have discussed multiple miscarriages first. However, in choosing to publicly discuss their reproductive issues, Cherin kind of confirmed the fact there was more than one. Doctors really don't investigate why someone miscarried unless there have been more than one (my Doctor didn't run any tests or anything after I miscarried in February.) I agree though - still incredibly shitty of her to do if they didn't give her the ok before hand.

1. Oh my goodness they even spelt it wrong!! Ugh. But Kelly saying they didn't realize that Michal was considered to be some type of harlot or whatever, annoyed me.

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-whats-in-a-name/

2. Fair enough Kjo now has 9 reasons lol.

7 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

1. Oh my goodness they even spelt it wrong!! Ugh. But Kelly saying they didn't realize that Michal was considered to be some type of harlot or whatever, annoyed me.

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-whats-in-a-name/

2. Fair enough Kjo now has 9 reasons lol.

Lol! I still count it as ten. Just because it's Kelly and I feel like she's just a massive asshole about a lot of stuff.

They also didn't spell Michal's name wrong either. I believe that's how it really is spelled in the Bible. They're just assholes for being too cheap to pick a version that fit their need to let everyone know Michael was a girl.

The way they handled the Michael name situation is just horrible. She also has the middle name Christian. No words. 

When they figured out Michal is bad, why didn't they turn it into Michel? It's a male name too, but in the US it would presumably work better for a girls' name than Michael. Also, why didn't she fully change her name to Michaella when she got married? I'm not sure about the US, but here it's easier and cheaper to do when you're changing your last name anyway. Also they have UPTV money now.

6 minutes ago, faraway said:

The way they handled the Michael name situation is just horrible. She also has the middle name Christian. No words. 

When they figured out Michal is bad, why didn't they turn it into Michel? It's a male name too, but in the US it would presumably work better for a girls' name than Michael. Also, why didn't she fully change her name to Michaella when she got married? I'm not sure about the US, but here it's easier and cheaper to do when you're changing your last name anyway. Also they have UPTV money now.

I can't answer about changing her name to Michel instead of Michael. 

As for why Michael didn't legally change her name upon marriage - maybe she didn't want to. She might like her first name the way it is.

IIRC, Gil and Kelly could only add/drop/change one letter of the name without paying a fee.  Michael, as an embryo and fetus, was no doubt worth any expense to protect and support.  Once born, she apparently wasn't worth a few extra $$s to give her a name that wouldn't be a potential lifetime burden.

Because she was intelligent enough to write and maintain a blog that I'm almost 100% percent sure made other people follow some of their appalling parenting choices like Ezzo, courtship, buddies and generally stunting your children in the name of making them Godly. 

She knew how to pitch that blog for maximum effect. She spread the message of Gothard to many impressionable parents. And put her own children on display to do it.

Re: the whole Michal thing. I will never understand why they didn't do Michala and pronounce it Mi-Kayla. I've seen that name/pronunciation before and it would've had the added benefit of conforming to the very important Jinder Roles they care so much about.

Personally, I like the name Michael, even for a girl. I think it suits her well. I don't like how she ended up with it and how it continues to be a point of confusion today. 

when I was helping my sister research names for my nephews we looked up the meanings, people with the name, possible nick names. The internet may not have been around when Michael was born but they could have at least read that part of the bible and made sure they were making the right choice. They messed up big time and didn't pay to rectify it.

1 hour ago, felinefundie said:

Re: the whole Michal thing. I will never understand why they didn't do Michala and pronounce it Mi-Kayla.

I have wondered this several times myself. I know girls with that spelling.

@VelociRapture it's possible that she likes her name, but it seemed to me that it was somehow an inconvience to them. Jinder conformity and all.

Michala would have been another good option, I really don't like Michael Christian for a girl.

Fun fact: in Germany it would be illegal to give a girl that name. It is considered not in the best interst of the child to give a name which is typical for the opposite sex. There's some exceptions and unisex names are ok though. Totally different than the in the US.

It just goes to show they were surface fundies. They were all about showing off their holier-than-thou-ness with their ridiculous frumpy clothing and anti-birth control stance, yet didn't even know enough about the biblical person they were naming their child after. Shocker! It's all been about their image from the beginning. 

On 8/15/2016 at 4:53 PM, Mela99 said:

For me, one of her shittier moves was - allegedly, I admit - talking to Whitney and 'encouraging' her to involve her bio parents in her life again and cut off the adoptive ones. I know the adoptive parents made comments about that. I just can't get past that level of nastiness. 

Whoa!!! Is there anything to read about that? I don't think Whitney actually listened to her, did she?

20 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

when I was helping my sister research names for my nephews we looked up the meanings, people with the name, possible nick names. The internet may not have been around when Michael was born but they could have at least read that part of the bible and made sure they were making the right choice. They messed up big time and didn't pay to rectify it.

I admittedly dropped the ball on that. With my oldest, he almost had the name of a politician. I realized it when I said the name together. So, I picked a different name. Husband liked it, so, yay. Except, I didn't realize that it was the name of a football player. *headdesk* Husband knew but didn't care. Ah well.

Someone else would be able to tell you better than I would - but her adoptive parents made a comment as to that on their blog or some other platform, that Kelly sat down with Whitney and said God wanted her to honor her parents, and the bio parents didn't want the adoptive ones around . The last time they were heard from was when they threw a small shower for Bradley. They've not been seen again or referred to as 'my parents'. 

Archived