IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2016 at 8:19 AM, Palimpsest said:

I think Esther is the one who needs prayers.  I give her 24 hours before she hands a kid an open coca cola and tells them to put it next to John as he documents his heroic efforts on Facebook.

It will be Satan's fault if John takes a swig. ;)

adam-eve.jpg

13 hours ago, SoybeanQueen said:

adam-eve.jpg

This is great!  And deserves more than just a 'like'.  :clap:

Pictures on FB of John's first Zambian wedding and it seems John was the bride. Seriously, the whole thing seemed to be all about him. The bride and groom were just accessories for the John Show. 

He then actually had the nerve to write about how other missionaries' prayer letters are not honest and the missionaries aren't transparent. John also wanted to take the time to sing the praises of FB. He adores FB.  

The brides dress is a beautiful colour. I hope the bride and groom were able to enjoy their day along with their family and friends despite John.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

The brides dress is a beautiful colour. I hope the bride and groom were able to enjoy their day along with their family and friends despite John.

It is a beautiful color. I love purple!

I don't see how anyone can see John in the picture where he's playing the keyboard and not want to punch him in the face. He's not even doing anything wrong there, but he still just looks so punchable.

Also, John mentions that he led the groom to Christ and Esther led the bride. I knew women couldn't "teach" men :my_rolleyes: but I guess I never considered that might go the other way too. But I don't really get how that would work if the missionary wives are usually too busy raising their billion kids to do much teaching.

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I don't see how anyone can see John in the picture where he's playing the keyboard and not want to punch him in the face. He's not even doing anything wrong there, but he still just looks so punchable.

I much prefer this one for punchability.

20 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I much prefer this one for punchability.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to agree, because there are no wrong answers when it comes to John looking especially punchable.

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to agree, because there are no wrong answers when it comes to John looking especially punchable.

Especially with a large smelly fish.

John just gave an update from his children. The most interesting part is that none of them mentioned any sort of education. They talk about how they are teaching in John's church, how one daughter made 200 cupcakes by herself, but absolutely nothing about school. I don't think John is even pretending to educate them over in Zambia. 

13 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John just gave an update from his children. The most interesting part is that none of them mentioned any sort of education. They talk about how they are teaching in John's church, how one daughter made 200 cupcakes by herself, but absolutely nothing about school. I don't think John is even pretending to educate them over in Zambia. 

Dang!  I was hoping this would be via video. :(  
But nope, no mention of school, and no photos, not even of the cupcakes or wedding cake that Alatheia helped with this weekend.  But he's got the kids (even the 6 year-old) passing out tracts.     

2 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Dang!  I was hoping this would be via video. :(  
But nope, no mention of school, and no photos, not even of the cupcakes or wedding cake that Alatheia helped with this weekend.  But he's got the kids (even the 6 year-old) passing out tracts.     

I wonder if that defrauding cake topper made an appearance on the aforementioned wedding cake.  Nah, probably it was tossed out for being so ungodly.

The men at the Timothy house are now fully supporting themselves. They are even taking some of the money from selling chickens and "giving to missions". Which is probably code for having to give John some of the money.

Dependency is a crippling thing.

Says the person who, even when he was living in America, had to have people pay his medical bills and help support his family. 

Even us missionaries must be very careful about dependency. 

Well, the problem is that the whole basis of John type missions is that John is never going to have to support his own family, he is depending on others to provide while he sits back and posts stuff on FB. 

we must carefully assess what we are doing with the sacrificial offerings sent to us on the mission field.

That would have been a really, REALLY good idea to have had before you spent all that money on a plane. And a Troupie. And the house of the hill. And the house next to the oh so scary Muslims. And the full sized appliances. The list can go on John. If you or your supporters read here, just remember those words are meaningless if you don't practice what you preach or at least confess in public that you have spent several years wasting money. 

John is in no position to trash anyone for dependency. 

ETA: there are also pictures of Esther working on helping process the chickens. The name of the chicken business is Triple C: Carefully Cleaned Colloidal. 

Just catching up on the John show.  Went over to his FB and noticed that before he officiated at the wedding, he asked for prayers for the "lost," including the bride's mother.  WTF?  Who does that? His pomposity and self-righteousness are infuriating.  

On a selfish note, I kinda wish PP were going to Zambia instead of South Africa and Botswana.  It'd be amazing to see them try to out-do one another, and then read the different perspectives on which family was the godliest.  However, I'd honestly be happier if all these crazies just avoided the whole continent altogether.  Africa deserves far better than these foolish missionaries.

On 9/4/2016 at 10:54 PM, Coy Koi said:

John brings out the essence of BEC in people, because he IS the bitch eating crackers.

In addition to schadenfreude, Germans have given us Backpfeifengesicht. From UrbanDictionary: 

From German: Backpfeifengesicht 
A face that deserves to be slapped ( - or in the case of a Hackfresse - punched as hard as humanly possible and/or hit with a chair).

See also: Sean Hannity

See also: John Shrader

I'm absolutely sure this includes a face in need of being slapped by a mackerel. 

On 9/4/2016 at 7:32 PM, formergothardite said:

Pictures on FB of John's first Zambian wedding and it seems John was the bride. Seriously, the whole thing seemed to be all about him. The bride and groom were just accessories for the John Show. 

He then actually had the nerve to write about how other missionaries' prayer letters are not honest and the missionaries aren't transparent. John also wanted to take the time to sing the praises of FB. He adores FB.  

:pb_rollseyes: Of course he does. Could the man possibly be more conceited or further up his own rear end? Are people really still pretending that he's a humble and godly man (I refuse to believe that anyone actually thinks he's humble)?

20 hours ago, formergothardite said:

ETA: there are also pictures of Esther working on helping process the chickens. The name of the chicken business is Triple C: Carefully Cleaned Colloidal. 

What's with the Colloidal Silver?  Is this another fundie health scam?
And according to John's comment on his post they have their own colloidal-silver maker?  

You just add CS to the water. We have our own water distiller (because you can't buy distilled water here to our knowledge) and CS maker made by Steve Barwick and the Silver Edge. What we really appreciate about Steve is that he is always looking for clinical studies, hard research, and he's very cautious. As you know, CS is quite expensive in the health food stores, but it's pennies if you have your own machine.

I went to Mr. Barwick's site, and it seems the CS-maker (by itself) is $250.  Then you have to buy the silver wire of course ($35 to $490) and other goodies like instructional DVD's and timers.
Is this something that's really necessary?  "Clinical studies"?!  :pb_eek:  I'm assuming they were using this contraption prior to the chicken-venture.  
I was also unaware of the water-distiller they own.  

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

And according to John's comment on his post they have their own colloidal-silver maker?

They brought it in the container! It was a big deal :pb_rollseyes:

What we really appreciate about Steve is that he is always looking for clinical studies, hard research, and he's very cautious.

I notice John doesn't say that Steve ever found any...

Is this something that's really necessary?

You should know better than to ask these kinds of "gotcha" questions. John says it's necessary, so it MUST be. 

Send money.

On 9/7/2016 at 10:54 AM, formergothardite said:

Why is Esther helping with the chickens? Surely she has more than enough to do already?

And what's with the business name? Are they cleaning the chickens with colloidal silver?

I have read through all the Schrader threads and as a person that was born in Africa he really annoys me. I was never a fan of missionaries to begin with. The whole let's have the white man show up in the darkest of Africa and convert the native heathens who in most cases are already Christian wreaks of ethnocentric, jingoistic nonsense. Joseph Conrad has a lot to apologize for with his book The Heart of Darkness. 

Add the ridiculous grifting, lack of cultural awareness and general unpreparedness of John Schrader and I just can't. He is the reason a lot of countries have put restrictions on missionary visas. To keep the poor Africans from being saddled with these jack asses.

There are so many people that can be saved in the US without Shrader projecting his unique brand of idiocy on Africa. 

I'm not sure if you fellow snark lovers saw this but it's a very interesting read. A Scottish woman named Louise Linton wrote a book about a year she spent in Zambia. It was reviewed by a major British paper, the interwebz caught wind of it and she got called out on all the nonsense and misrepresentation in her book. She almost caused an international incident and was asked to apologize by the Zambian government. All sales of her book were halted and the amounts donated to charity. I love that the Internet is keeping people honest. Now if only people would use it to research scammers and grifters like John Shrader. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2016/jul/06/louise-lintons-zambia-is-not-the-zambia-i-know?client=safari

On 9/7/2016 at 10:36 AM, amandaaries said:
Just catching up on the John show.  Went over to his FB and noticed that before he officiated at the wedding, he asked for prayers for the "lost," including the bride's mother.  WTF?  Who does that? His pomposity and self-righteousness are infuriating.  

On a selfish note, I kinda wish PP were going to Zambia instead of South Africa and Botswana.  It'd be amazing to see them try to out-do one another, and then read the different perspectives on which family was the godliest.  However, I'd honestly be happier if all these crazies just avoided the whole continent altogether.  Africa deserves far better than these foolish missionaries.

I sincerely hope that the only way he got to officiate the wedding was if he chipped in food for the ceremony. I can't imagine the couple's family putting up with this nonsense if there was nothing in it for them. I would put up with proselytizing if someone funded the food at my wedding [emoji23][emoji23]

12 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

What's with the Colloidal Silver?  Is this another fundie health scam?

I went to Mr. Barwick's site, and it seems the CS-maker (by itself) is $250.  Then you have to buy the silver wire of course ($35 to $490) and other goodies like instructional DVD's and timers.
Is this something that's really necessary?  "Clinical studies"?!  :pb_eek:  I'm assuming they were using this contraption prior to the chicken-venture.  
I was also unaware of the water-distiller they own.  

These fundies buy all this random shit for self sufficent small business and then we never hear about it again and I assume it just sits collecting dust in their home somewhere. I'm sure, a few months from now, this money plan will disappear from their blog. I guess cause they realize running any kind of business is hard and requires work

It's one thing to live off grifted money but another to spend it on useless crap.

ETA: useless to them I mean. No offense meant to small businesses and crafters! 

9 hours ago, LaChatteNoir said:

There are so many people that can be saved in the US without Shrader projecting his unique brand of idiocy on Africa. 

He could start by saving his wife from the life time of drudgery that he's resigned her too. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived