IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 9- Zealous in Zambia

samurai_sarah

59 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Weren't some of those people already converts before John showed up? 

They weren't the right type of Christians. Sone were even the wrong kind of Baptist.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Weren't some of those people already converts before John showed up? 

I think only Arcade, who followed him from Burundi.  Bro. Kennedy the other pre-convert took off months ago to Pastor his own church in Lusaka.  He lost Eugene and co to the ebil world.  

His core Bible study group seems to be Arcade, Roderick, Jolisman, Mr. Phiri and ?  

Also hanging around the fringes are Handia - who isn't in the Bible study - Whyte and Percy.  They all seem very young.  

Am I forgetting anyone else?

Who was the convert who dropped his passport over the side of a cement boat?

It is hard to keep up with who John converted pre-Zambia arrival, who John converted and then they deconverted and who John converted and they are still hanging around. 

No matter what, four converts in two years is not a good sign. He should perhaps spend more time on mission work and less time on Facebook. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Who was the convert who dropped his passport over the side of a cement boat?

It is hard to keep up with who John converted pre-Zambia arrival, who John converted and then they deconverted and who John converted and they are still hanging around. 

No matter what, four converts in two years is not a good sign. He should perhaps spend more time on mission work and less time on Facebook. 

It was Blessing who accidentally on purpose dropped his passport overboard on the concrete boat - and was later deemed unworthy.  Young Blessing was one of Pastor Douglas's converts.  Note that Pastor Douglas has also been MIA since John's arrival in Zambia.  He was a national pastor who should have endorsed John.

I'm going to give John (and I am being very generous) a total of 5 converts in 2 years - and that is just because I think I am missing one.

I think John should hang out on FB all the time.  I'd rather he did that than try to convert people into working on his chicken farm.

I'm actually very thankful that John is so inefficient.  It limits his influence and that can only be good.

56 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm actually very thankful that John is so inefficient.  It limits his influence and that can only be good.

I can't help but get the impression he is the butt of many a joke told around the dinner tables of Kafue. 

6 hours ago, uber frau said:

When John talks about a dependency mindset, I want to slap him.

Just saying...

When John talks, I want to slap him. Full stop. 

10 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Bring out a bag of wet kippers. We can have a slap- the-Johnboy party. 

Form an orderly queue. Pick up adult refreshment of choice.

Aaaaaaasnnnnnd  GO.

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Don't forget the first house next to the mosque where John got all upset by the "satanic" calls to prayer. ;)

It is confusing but if you look at his FB quote above - the Shraders booted the men out because they had to move out of the House on the Hill - and they are definitely living in the Timothy House.  The giant chicken coop is in the back yard of the Timothy House - it was the chicken coop and the church that were built with the converts bare hands.

Not much information from this single post, but you can see some more in John's Dec and Jan entries. There are multiple photo albums from Oct-Dec where the men are building the Timothy House as well as the roof for the "church". The coop is a recent addition. Here he talks clearly about the men moving into the Timothy House, while he and the family are moving out of the House on the Hill and into a better place where rent is cheaper (the garden of eden house where the men used to live). They are not the same place. 

John isn't going to live in a self-built shack surrounded by loud, smelly chickens. That's for the lowly peons.

Screenshot_20160819-120839.png

John kills me how he puts something about being located in Zambia in the closing of EVERY SINGLE one of his posts. Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone has figured out you're in Zambia, John. We don't start out every post confused about what country you're in. Most of your readers are presumably not goldfish (I personally am a koi fish) and do have some short-term memory. And then sometimes he'll just clarify even further, like "Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa". Because otherwise we might think he was in Zambia, Ohio?

52 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Not much information from this single post, but you can see some more in John's Dec and Jan entries.

I stand corrected.  Many thanks for the clarification.  I'm glad poor Arcade wasn't booted out!  

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I stand corrected.  Many thanks for the clarification.  I'm glad poor Arcade wasn't booted out!  

Me too. I guess even the Timothy House is better than nothing, but I felt bad for the guys having to move out of a nice established house into that cinder block monstrosity that they built themselves. I'm still not sure it has functional indoor plumbing...who would build it?

That may have led to some of the men preferring to rejoin "the world"...the practical realities of being a Shrader disciple got way less appealing this year.

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Aaaaaaasnnnnnd  GO.

Can we have one fish per hand??  Please??? I'll forego the adult refreshment till later.

What pisses me off is that John isn't there to help the people. Jon isn't there even to convert people. John is there to make john feel good about himself and recieve accolades and money from other people . 

I refuse to call him a Christian missionary.

8 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Can we have one fish per hand??  Please??? I'll forego the adult refreshment till later.

Yes!! Sounds a good idea.:happy-jumpyellow:

On 8/18/2016 at 11:22 PM, Lillymuffin said:

Imagine being one of John's brothers. You'd need a Prozac addiction.

7 minutes ago, 16strong said:

Imagine being one of John's brothers. You'd need a Prozac addiction.

Not to mention a lifetime supply of earplugs and physical therapy for the strain of chronic eye rolling. 

On 8/19/2016 at 9:18 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Aaaaaaasnnnnnd  GO.

We have several project needs, including a major one in which we had just determined to build a building to store the 250,000+ John & Romans, and almost 1,000 BEAMS Bibles and some additional Bibles that a dear friend is shipping in a container to us next month!

Where exactly is John going to build this building to hold Bibles? I think John just likes to build shit. Not actually build it, but watch people build it and take all the credit. 

10 minutes ago, turquoise said:

Why build a building to store the Bibles? From a missionary's perspective, wouldn't it be more useful to distribute them?

Don't you dare try and bring logic into this.

;-)

56 minutes ago, turquoise said:

Why build a building to store the Bibles? From a missionary's perspective, wouldn't it be more useful to distribute them?

The converts, real or not, can be kept busy building bookshelves to store the bibles etc on.

He can have a public library type set up. Library cards to be dated etc. 

Public libraries lend their books for free. John OF COURSE will charge for borrowing the books.

John will stand at the door wearing his smarmy smile and daft safari jacket feeling all warm and colonial because he is providing biblical educashun for the poor native locals.

John will never distribute the bibles etc because they are HIS, ALL HIS. Grifted by him the great white holy one.

The bibles will all be inscribed:

Property of John Shrader , Kafue, Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa, The World, The Universe, Near the Moon, Somewhere in space.

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We have several project needs, including a major one in which we had just determined to build a building to store the 250,000+ John & Romans, and almost 1,000 BEAMS Bibles and some additional Bibles that a dear friend is shipping in a container to us next month!

Where exactly is John going to build this building to hold Bibles? I think John just likes to build shit. Not actually build it, but watch people build it and take all the credit.

BEAMS claims that they supply KJV bibles in English or "its equivalent in other languages", but I'd still wonder how many of those 1000 bibles would be in a language the average Zambian can read. Even if John does distribute most of them, I would imagine a lot of them may end up as toilet paper. Or rolling paper. I've heard bible pages work well for that :pb_lol:

And THAT'S assuming they actually make it into John's hands. He hasn't always had the best luck with containers.

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think you nailed it.  I don't know why he doesn't just buy a used shipping container instead.  Even ACU uses one as their library.

And look here - John made a joke! [my bolding] https://www.facebook.com/john.shrader.125

Based on the instructions of Christ, and the example of incredible faith by those before us...men with unbelievable hearts for missions and ministry, our family as Missionaries have sought to not publish our needs, but only report when God provides.

Whining that the Troopie's battery was stolen was publishing a need, Johnny.  You plead for money and crap all. the. time.  Reporting when God provides  people send you money to chuck away is also a way of grifting more donations.  You buy stuff all the time too - like that new tent - and have a much better standard of living than you did in the US. 

It gets worse:

Here's one such praise report.

Some examples from the last few weeks:

God touched the heart of a business man in Texas to send a special offering. He had no idea what we were praying for.

Then the hearts of some children and their parents in Missouri to do the same. They as well had no idea what God was doing through them.

Then, a V.B.S. (vacation Bible school) at a supporting church in Virginia decided to give their "penny offering" to our family for a special need!

Are you going to tell these misguided people that you used their money to build a Bible storage unit on land you don't own, John?  Or is this funding for the chicken farm that is very likely to fail?

Then, a note comes from, of all places, Canada. Another sacrificial love offering sent.

From all places, Canada.  That land of Godless heathens!  :lol:

In bad news, Handia supposedly converted someone from Catholicism to "true Christianity."  I really want Handia to get free of John - he looks like a fun loving and intelligent young man who shouldn't be hitching his wagon to John's imploding star.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived