IGNORED

Bill Gothard, God, and sexual molestation

Et Moi

That is an absolutely sickening piece of writing. I find the idea of blaming a four year old for his own abuse, getting him to confess sins etc, beyond upsetting.

Reading the HA article I see the bible verses cited are not relevant to the points being made, and in some cases don't even exist. So this disgusting list was just dreamt up without even bothering to find quotes that could be twisted to back it up. I wonder did any of the devout followers who seem to spend so much time reading and re reading the bible notice these inconsistencies? 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

...#10 strikes me as especially dangerous, most abuse cases happen in the very close circle of family and "caring adults" that is supposedly safe. ...

Yes! On top of that, the hypocrisy of this coming from an organization that promotes having tons of kids raised by their siblings (other children).

Who wrote that junk? Was it Bill himself? A group effort? What utter, dangerous rubbish! Blaming a four  year old for his "failure" to cry out? Are they nuts?

#6-Yes, have the child concentrate on what an abomination sodomy is so he can truly understand that what was done to  him was his fault and he is now completely sinful and worthless. Memorize those chapters! What is it about being a helpless victim do these people not understand?

#8-The child now has a "natural resistance to any person who has impure motives." So if anything ever happens again, then we REALLY know it's the child's fault.

#10-Does this make any sense? What on earth does genius have to do with this? And just in case the parents don't feel bad enough, blame them for leaving the child with the molester.

How can anyone ever read any Gothard nonsense and still sign up for it?

Wow, this is a level of crazy I did not think even Gothard was capable of. Or anybody really. Is this a 'wisdom' booklet? I imagine there are countries where teaching this to children could get you into serious legal trouble. And rightly so. Especially the point about how to make a genius is off the chart irrelevant, completely unbelievable and the conclusion beyond rediculous. I hope all tabloids will run this crap an the Duggars and the Bates will be forced to distance themselves publically.

And I hope the boy where ever he is now (hopefully nowhere near Gothard and his minions) has found help and support. 

There are so many levels of shit in this... I can't even comprehend it.  How the fuck is a boy of four supposed to discern character? He's fucking FOUR!! This is so disgusting. 

He wasn't "tempted"....he was motherfucking abused . HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?! It is NEVER THE VICTIM'S FAULT.

Sexual abuse is traumatizing and should never be framed as an 'opportunity to learn' (I'm nauseous just typing that)

THE FUCK???!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!!!11??!11???!

Also, it's so disgusting that Gothard used the sexual abuse of a child to promote his rabid homophobia. Despicable! 

And one more thing about #10, the one about genius. It says at the end, "Based on this, your son should not have been with the other boy but rather with the adults so that he could learn from them." This leads me to believe that these two pages were written specifically for this situation of an abused four year old boy, to his parents, who probably were devastated and needed help. And these two pages of idiocy, lies, and victim blaming, is what they got. And if they follow the advice of #10 they can rest assured that their son will never be abused while in the company of adults. Because adults are never, ever child abusing pedophiles.

Hey, Gothard, what if the "evil companion" is his OWN SIBLING?

*crickets*

On 8/10/2016 at 0:29 PM, nickelodeon said:

Of course, molestation is only something "other children" and "sodomites" do, never the trusted church leaders you've sent your girls to work for...

Or the fine "Christian" brother, husband, and son who preys on his own sisters. This document should be exhibit A in why Gothardism needs to die ASAP. Exhibit B would be the Duggars themselves.

20 hours ago, Letgo said:

Who wrote that junk? Was it Bill himself? A group effort? What utter, dangerous rubbish! Blaming a four  year old for his "failure" to cry out? Are they nuts?

#6-Yes, have the child concentrate on what an abomination sodomy is so he can truly understand that what was done to  him was his fault and he is now completely sinful and worthless. Memorize those chapters! What is it about being a helpless victim do these people not understand?

#8-The child now has a "natural resistance to any person who has impure motives." So if anything ever happens again, then we REALLY know it's the child's fault.

#10-Does this make any sense? What on earth does genius have to do with this? And just in case the parents don't feel bad enough, blame them for leaving the child with the molester.

How can anyone ever read any Gothard nonsense and still sign up for it?

The impression I get with Gothardism is like Scientology, and they don't tell you the really crazy stuff until you've gotten in very deep in the organization. While a lot of people seem to have done the initial seminars or gotten involved in Gothard front programs, ATI was always fringe, even among other IFBs. Hence, true believers like the Duggars, who have invested lots of time, money, and personal identity in ATI are not likely to be swayed by it, just like how committed Tom Cruise is to Scientology. I have to say, that sheet explain a lot about why JB and Michelle reacted the way they did to the molestations, and further illustrates why they shouldn't be on TV or speaking at any homeschool conventions.

19 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Or the fine "Christian" brother, husband, and son who preys on his own sisters. This document should be exhibit A in why Gothardism needs to die ASAP. Exhibit B would be the Duggars themselves.

The impression I get with Gothardism is like Scientology, and they don't tell you the really crazy stuff until you've gotten in very deep in the organization. While a lot of people seem to have done the initial seminars or gotten involved in Gothard front programs, ATI was always fringe, even among other IFBs. Hence, true believers like the Duggars, who have invested lots of time, money, and personal identity in ATI are not likely to be swayed by it, just like how committed Tom Cruise is to Scientology. I have to say, that sheet explain a lot about why JB and Michelle reacted the way they did to the molestations, and further illustrates why they shouldn't be on TV or speaking at any homeschool conventions.

All of the above, and the Scientology comparison is good, but these are hardly original thoughts or original insights - on FJ or on HA.   I'll correct the above to point out that "true believership" is just as relevant to the Bateses (if not more so) as it is to the Duggars.

As we have some new posters horrified by the latest evidence - here's a link to another expose from HA.  This is from last year.  Read it and weep.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/2015/05/23/gothards-ati-and-the-duggar-familys-secrets/  

Yeah, the sheets explain quite a lot about their reactions regarding him...

On 10.8.2016 at 6:39 PM, THERetroGamerNY said:

Over at Homeschooler's Anon there is a series being run about Bill Gothard's disgusting justification for why God allows sexual abuse.

They started this series after being provided copies of the actual worksheet.

TL;DR summary of Gothard's sick logic: God allows it in order to teach you a lesson.

So the abusers are actually doing people favors because it helps them grow so much spiritually. Why is it a crime again?

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, FormerlyFundyLite said:

Lawsuit is back on and amended to 17 individuals

I am so glad it is back on and they found another law firm.  Let's hope this one does better than that stinker Gibbs 3!

I haven't gone over the third amended lawsuit yet properly but it looks like the same plaintiffs from the second amended version at first glance.  Jane Doe II is no longer anonymous.

And from the link above:

Gothard, too, continues to operate in “ministry,” with a most recent known appearance at Total Outreach for Christ Ministries‘ Overcomers Conference, held June 8-10, 2016, in Little Rock, Arkansas. Gothard presented his new talk on what he calls “The Four Fears,” a collection of Bible verses and quasi-science that is meant to counteract mental illness, which he now blames for low church attendance nation-wide. He claims to have developed a 3-step plan to solve mental illness, detailed on his new website.

Bill Gothard has no shame.

36 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I haven't gone over the third amended lawsuit yet properly but it looks like the same plaintiffs from the second amended version at first glance.  Jane Doe II is no longer anonymous.

I kept thinking it was at 16. Regardless, I'm glad they got non-Gibbs representation. Hopefully, this will move quickly and justly, and the victims can put the lawsuit behind them and move forward in healing. 

I must have missed it in the original one, but I didn't realize that one of the plaintiffs said abuse took place as recently as 2014 and that the BoD knew, but did nothing. 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I must have missed it in the original one, but I didn't realize that one of the plaintiffs said abuse took place as recently as 2014 and that the BoD knew, but did nothing. 

Yes.  I still need to read the whole thing and compare it to the previous complaints but I think that must be new.  The most recent allegation that I remember was the rape and police report in 2012.

The board is and has been complicit in this all along.  It makes me sick.

It seems that as time goes on, it gets more and more damning.   And it was pretty bad to begin with. 

Gil Bates must be getting very nervous, at least he should be

• hoipolloi locked this topic

Archived