IGNORED

Piping audio Bible into every room in the house -- why hasn't Steve thought of this?

WonderingInWA

At about 20:30 Dad says something like "Violence doesn't bother us in our family but the sexual stuff needs to be toned down.":2wankers:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just imagining the headphones coming unplugged. "And the LORD spake OH YEAH DO ME HARD"

Then of course in Ezekiel 23:20 they talk about the dudes who are well equipped and able to perform as well.

http://bit.ly/2b1UaIR

She lusted after her paramours, whose genitals are like those of donkeys, and whose emissions are like those of horses.

Do they play that part unedited?

@FundieFarmer,  good grief!  Rh incompatibility is not a thing to be trifled with!  I had severe Rh jaundice at birth (born the color of a brown paper bag) and had to have three complete blood exchanges or I would have died.  This was in 1955.  Exchange transfusions had only been developed a few years before.  Rhogam wasn't developed until 1968.  With how extremely jaundiced that I was, my bilirubin level must have been over 30.

Bless OP for starting this! I'm avoiding a dirty stinky job and called up Andrea's closet organization video -- and she gave me an idea that I can use!

She bought hanger markers in 10 different colors to identify each family member's clothing in their shared closets. I dress in honor of Joan Rivers, black tops and pants with colorful jackets over. With the hanger markers, I'll be able to tell my sleeveless from short-sleeved from long-sleeved tops!  And my long pants from my capris from my skirts!

Thanks, Andrea! Oh, and thanks also the FJerite who listens to sermon tapes to fall asleep -- I'm going to do the same with Andrea's YouTube monologues!!!

She does have some good organizational ideas.  But I also just watched one of her videos this morning where she claims a man's climax sends his sperm to make life inside the female and the female's climax is...wait for it...GIVING BIRTH!

I'm so glad to see she is homeschooling 8 children.  This is what they will learn about sex.  Sigh. 

6 hours ago, WonderingInWA said:

She does have some good organizational ideas.  But I also just watched one of her videos this morning where she claims a man's climax sends his sperm to make life inside the female and the female's climax is...wait for it...GIVING BIRTH!

I'm so glad to see she is homeschooling 8 children.  This is what they will learn about sex.  Sigh. 

Oh good grief!  Imagine how bad over population would be if giving birth felt like climaxing!

Does anyone have an old copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves hanging around?  This woman needs to learn what a female orgasm is, and it sure as hell don't feel like giving birth!

@kpmom, I used to have a copy of Our Bodies, Ourselves  that I bought in the summer of '74.  I don't know what happened to it, but I wish I still had it.

On 8/7/2016 at 6:11 PM, brotherhusbandsgalore said:

Bingo! While she has a good sense for organization, whenever you look closely at the videos everything looks dirty and crowded. All of the storage "solutions" kind of loom over every inch of the house. There's no visual space or breathing room. Everything has an air of neglect. (snip)

This is exactly what I think too and I really hoped to find a discussion about her here on FJ :-)

I buy a lot of my furniture used too but I always make sure that the things are in a good state, not broken (or fixable) and look decent. Their house is so crowded and the living room gives actually no space to actually live... The girls bedroom without a door and one bed for two children "so they would have a double guest bed"... I don't see any real play space for the kids, everything looks just dirty, old and jam packed. The only nice thing is the back yard/garden.

And I think, she knows how unconvenient their living situation is but tries to come up with lame excuses why they don't need much space if you just organize everything well... And as for the matching clothes every day and the audio bible....I can't find the right words to describe my feelings about that 

--- Sorry for spelling or grammar mistakes, English is not my first language ---

Surely having the Bibles played 24/7 just teaches kids to tune it out?  Am I missing something?  The idea of the Bible as muzak, or the equivalent of traffic noise/a loud heating system is just SO weird - but I'm not religious, so maybe I'm missing something?

What's scary, is I really wouldn't want Steve to get ideas. Anna and Mary would have to joyfully listen while packing for what some might call a vacation, then still pause for Bible time. 

On 8/19/2016 at 2:17 PM, Lurky said:

Surely having the Bibles played 24/7 just teaches kids to tune it out?  Am I missing something?  The idea of the Bible as muzak, or the equivalent of traffic noise/a loud heating system is just SO weird - but I'm not religious, so maybe I'm missing something?

I think they're counting on it being "subliminal messaging". Just an adjunct to the everyday brainwashing that goes on in fundie families.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2016 at 11:31 AM, FundieFarmer said:

This...is...such a truly odd situation. She has another video on how she did her own prenatal care on an unassisted birth so she could know if she needed more professional help. 

Okay I admit I've never had my own child but, um, I do work with the best NICU in my state, and I'd say that's more than a little bit risky, and definitely not advised. 

(Note, I work WITH, not IN, the best NICU. I'm not a medical professional. I just know our organization does not recommend...that, especially for somebody with the RhoGam issue that's been discussed at length in the Naug thread.)

"I didn't care about the medical part, I just wanted to know if we were having a boy or a girl."

Admirable. :pb_rollseyes:

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:46 AM, Gossamer1 said:

That sounds like pure torture! 

Wait, even the Song of Solomon?  How old are the kids? Mom and Dad might have some 'splainin to do!

Those of the biblical literalist frame of mind don't take the Song of Solomon literally. They insist that it's God's relationship with his children and not sexual. Go figure.

eta: 24/7??? you mean they have to SLEEP through this??? gah!

I just keep thinking with all these super controlling fundies that they must be soooooo secure in their faith if they have to talk about it 24/7. It's like they are trying to convince themselves their beliefs are true. 

Don't the Maxwells play "daddy tapes" the little kids to have to listen to all the time or is that the Botkins?

20 hours ago, snickerz said:

Don't the Maxwells play "daddy tapes" the little kids to have to listen to all the time or is that the Botkins?

Yup that's the Maxwells. Dunno if they still do it. I have a feeling Nathan's done some for his kids although don't take my word for it. 

On October 22, 2016 at 3:33 PM, salsa said:

Those of the biblical literalist frame of mind don't take the Song of Solomon literally. They insist that it's God's relationship with his children and not sexual. Go figure.

eta: 24/7??? you mean they have to SLEEP through this??? gah!

Your first sentence is confusing. Biblical literalists don't take it literally?  Anyway, there are fundies in both camps. Those who thing Song of Songs is metaphorical are the minority. 

17 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Your first sentence is confusing. Biblical literalists don't take it literally?  Anyway, there are fundies in both camps. Those who thing Song of Songs is metaphorical are the minority. 

I think she means the people who think everything in the Bible is true-- world made in 6 days, talking snake, gay people must be stoned (but not all that other, inconvenient stuff in Leviticus), etc. But once they get to the super-steamy sexy part-- oh, no, that's just a metaphor for Christ's love for the church. Definitely not about two people gettin' it on. Nope. Definitely not. :-)

The mental gymnastics are amusing but exhausting to watch.

18 hours ago, PopRox said:

I think she means the people who think everything in the Bible is true-- world made in 6 days, talking snake, gay people must be stoned (but not all that other, inconvenient stuff in Leviticus), etc. But once they get to the super-steamy sexy part-- oh, no, that's just a metaphor for Christ's love for the church. Definitely not about two people gettin' it on. Nope. Definitely not. :-)

The mental gymnastics are amusing but exhausting to watch.

Ah. I should stop commenting late at night. Yes, I'm often frustrated by others' inconsistencies at times, but I think you'll find that those who don't believe Song of Songs is sexual are few and far between. 

Okay, so I started watching a little of this last night. One thing that jumped out at me was when the Mom said this whole thing started when they would play the Bible at nighttime, when the boys were sleeping.

Now I'm no expert, but... wouldn't it be better to play the Bible when they are awake and, you know-- able to pay attention to what they're hearing? Or is that not important?

(Note: I truly enjoy listening to the Bible on audio sometimes, while I'm working on tedious household tasks or stretching at home. But I do it in moderation, and I certainly don't force other people to listen!)

I dunno about asleep learning. Hypnopaedia, as it's called, is a thing- although there are doubts as to its effectiveness. It's featured in Brave New World by Aldous Huxley for example as a key way of reinforcing class. Doing it with the Bible really does make Bible reading/studying a 24/7 thing which is a little OTT 

See this for more info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep-learning

• 3 weeks later...

Archived