IGNORED

Joshley 18: Another Summer, Another (Threatened) Lawsuit

SpoonfulOSugar

Rumors are swirling that Josh is being sued for stealing a photo to use on his illicit accounts.

Meanwhile, pretty much the same ol' same ol':  not working very hard, not being seen all that much.

Last page of the previous thread:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it on my facebook as well. I (kinda) follow Jill and Jessa but am not very interested in Josh. I had to come see what FJ was saying about this latest possible lawsuit, though. Way to keep in the news, Joshly. 

Had to go to FJ to see what the tea is since it trended on my FB...

I really hope Mr. McCarthy actually has a legal leg to stand on, and that this doesn't go the way of Danica's lawsuit...

Wonder if someone has the court documents for our perusal?

It looks like the suit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court....

In the lawsuit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Los Angeles-based DJ Matt McCarthy claim that Duggar used “several” of McCarthy’s pictures on his Ashley Madison profile, as well as his Twitter and OkCupid accounts.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/josh-duggar-sued-over-ashley-madison-profile-212946809.html

2 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

It looks like the suit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court....

In the lawsuit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Los Angeles-based DJ Matt McCarthy claim that Duggar used “several” of McCarthy’s pictures on his Ashley Madison profile, as well as his Twitter and OkCupid accounts.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/josh-duggar-sued-over-ashley-madison-profile-212946809.html

Wonder why he's just now getting around to it? Maybe the Bates family suggested it, trying to sabotage the Duggars new season. :)

1 hour ago, Purrl said:

Wonder why he's just now getting around to it? Maybe the Bates family suggested it, trying to sabotage the Duggars new season. :)

Well the cynic in me would say he probably waited to see if their contract with tlc would be renewed...

Is this kind of lawsuit common? People steal other people's pictures for profile pictures all the time. I'm not saying it's okay when people do that, but it surprises me a bit that someone is suing over this.

40 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Is this kind of lawsuit common? People steal other people's pictures for profile pictures all the time. I'm not saying it's okay when people do that, but it surprises me a bit that someone is suing over this.

On the other hand, people rarely steal someone else's photo to sign up for a dating website for cheaters and then turn out to be D-list celebrities who get busted, publicizing the photo all over the internet in association with cheating.... I have no idea how the legalities shake out but it seems like there would be some grounds for defamation.

I don't know, but i think this is a sad a ttempt to promote himself as a dj or actor or whatever he is. If this had actually been a problem to him, he would have sued six months ago

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

"Maybe he was afraid they might not want to bang a dude whose face gives off the impression that he would definitely give you the creepiest back massage you’ve ever received. "

:pb_lol: I don't know how much work this guy actually lost during this or what his motivations are, but the schadenfreude of Joshley being sued again is strong with this one. 

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I don't know, but i think this is a sad a ttempt to promote himself as a dj or actor or whatever he is. If this had actually been a problem to him, he would have sued six months ago

It's been almost a year since that scandal broke, and sir Matthew only found out NOW that his photo was used? If he really lost jobs from it, maybe he thinks this is the only way to redeem himself? Being mocked, yeah, it wears on you, but you don't want to go public with it, lest it becomes worse. But losing jobs, or not being hired because of it, I can understand the frustration. Similar to some young women who worked in fast-food and got fired for something petty, went viral, and either their jobs took them back or people went crazy with sympathy and offered to hire them. Maybe he hopes that'll happen here too.

42 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

:pb_lol: I don't know how much work this guy actually lost during this or what his motivations are, but the schadenfreude of Joshley being sued again is strong with this one. 

That and the new season starts soon. Let's see how they explain this one away.

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

It's been almost a year since that scandal broke, and sir Matthew only found out NOW that his photo was used?

No, he's known all along. I remember it being talked about here that he was making those claims soon after it happened.

I'm always up for anyone suing Joshly, but I do have a hard time seeing how this could have really been that big of a deal to the guy. It should be obvious that it was done without his permission or knowledge and doesn't indicate any allegiance with the Duggars. If people actually refused to hire him over it, that seems really bizarre.

8 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I think the law has yet to catch up with the immoral and illicit ways people use social media. I don't know what the merits are of the case, but I think the DJ could have a case, given that DJing is inherently about projecting a certain image to your public. If the supposed lack of work due to the stolen pics were discernible over a relatively long period of time,  and could not be attributed to any other factors, like a general downswing in the DJ market, then it would make sense for the suit to only just be filed.

It may be that the DJ tolerated the slurs at first and just tried to shrug them off. But they have continued and his business continues to suffer. It also may be that the statute of limitations is getting close to running out....if there is even such a thing in this case. I don't find it odd that he has waited this long.

2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

No, he's known all along. I remember it being talked about here that he was making those claims soon after it happened.

I'm always up for anyone suing Joshly, but I do have a hard time seeing how this could have really been that big of a deal to the guy. It should be obvious that it was done without his permission or knowledge and doesn't indicate any allegiance with the Duggars. If people actually refused to hire him over it, that seems really bizarre.

Based on the news coverage when it happened, he may have lost one or two jobs initially because the people didn't want to be associated with the scandal.  I doubt he has been much hurt beyond that, but maybe his friends have been unmerciful in teasing him.  I am guessing that it took this long because the guy tried to get some sort of "repayment" from the Duggars and when that didn't happen, took it to court.  The guy gets some publicity, and maybe he gets some money. 

18 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

Josh getting sued came up in Facebook news trending topics. So it's making the rounds.

I had vowed that I was done with this bullshit family.  Then, I saw he was trending again.  Why do I let myself get sucked in?

5 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Based on the news coverage when it happened, he may have lost one or two jobs initially because the people didn't want to be associated with the scandal.  I doubt he has been much hurt beyond that, but maybe his friends have been unmerciful in teasing him.  I am guessing that it took this long because the guy tried to get some sort of "repayment" from the Duggars and when that didn't happen, took it to court.  The guy gets some publicity, and maybe he gets some money. 

That could be it. I remember the guy saying that he was losing jobs, implying that there were a lot or at least important ones, but then he disappeared for months. Its interesting that he's just now moved to suing.

8 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't know what the merits are of the case, but I think the DJ could have a case, given that DJing is inherently about projecting a certain image to your public.

I know nothing about any of the legalities, but is he DJing like baptisms and bat mitzvahs? Because why on earth would anyone hiring a DJ give a crap about this?

I've always just assumed that any pictures you put out on the internet set to public are sadly fair game for whatever someone wants to use them for. 

Okay, so far:

1) Molestation scandal

2) Ashley Madison scandal

3) Danica Dillon lawsuit

4) Matthew McCarthy photo lawsuit

ANYTHING ELSE, JOSH? What other scandals and lawsuits will he cause in the future?

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Okay, so far:

1) Molestation scandal

2) Ashley Madison scandal

3) Danica Dillon lawsuit

4) Matthew McCarthy photo lawsuit

ANYTHING ELSE, JOSH? What other scandals and lawsuits will he cause in the future?

Just to be fair,  #3 and #4 are off shoots of #2.  If he hadn't joined Ashley Madison and AM hadn't been hacked, neither Danica Dillon nor Matthew McCarthy would have sued.  Danica claimed that it wasn't until the AM scandal that she knew who Josh was. And if Josh had just stolen Matthew McCarthy's picture for use on OK Cupid and a couple such sites, the world would probably have never known it.  (For that matter, Josh might still be living his double life.)

Sometimes I wonder if Josh thinks all this is his just punishment from God.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived