IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just copied and pasted the following from FB so we have on file if she deletes:

Jacqueline Lea Smith

September 4 at 6:04pm · 

The only thing to fear missing on this earth is knowing Jesus...truly knowing Jesus. Working for Jesus is not knowing Him. Being better than someone else--or pointing out sin in somebody's life--is not knowing Jesus. The Joy of the Lord is something that fills your soul with laughter from the throne of God, when you really have nothing to laugh about, when happiness itself has been taken away from you.

Comments

Racheal Landers Well said. So true!!

September 4 at 7:05pm

Dianne Collis Brown Love this! Love to All!

September 4 at 7:14pm

Lisa Willis Jones Miss reading your post!! 
So glad to see you back :)

September 4 at 8:34pm

Theresa Koene Amen

September 4 at 9:47pm

Scarlett Lynde Christians often kill their own...they are often so self righteous...never willing to forgive... Just throw the book at others...

2 · September 5 at 1:43am

Theresa Koene That's a sign of immaturity-- the body ofChrist is just that--so the hand cannot say to the arm, "I do not need you." Bear with one another inLove ;) all are at different stages of maturity too-- like children, and we need to remember that; and also pray for one another

September 5 at 8:07am

Adeline Morton Why did Brittany Simmons comment get deleted?

2 · September 5 at 1:50pm

Lisa Willis Jones This is Jacqueline Lea Smith account and she is using it to relate to her friends, family a message or thought. She is under no obligation to engage in or Foster a debate on her personal account. Being said, no one has to explain why they deleted a comment, that would be up to that person to do as they pleased. Sometimes it is best to delete a comment, especially if it's not adding to the dialogue or if it comes with the express purpose of starting a fight.

1 · September 5 at 5:51pm

Scarlett Lynde Well said, Lisa..

1 · September 7 at 9:55am

Leslie Roberts Are we not called to rebuke sin in fellow believers' lives? Tolerating known sin and looking the other way is not knowing Jesus who told us to love our nieghbor. Love means correction sometimes. Do you not correct your own children when they are wro...See More

7 · 13 hrs

Dianna Triplett replied · 2 Replies · 1 hr

Lisa Willis Jones The Bible has specific instructions on how to approach or rebuke sin if you honestly believe if it is there. Approaching it on facebook or social media isn't the place so maybe a look in the mirror is needed with advice from ones self.

1 · 13 hrs

Lisa Willis Jones replied · 2 Replies

Theresa Koene Leslie Roberts, yes; scripture is quite clear that as Christians we are to prayerfully gently rebuke a fellow older man or follower of Christ who may be 'caught' in some sin-- meaning it is something major they are probably oblivious too and are continually doing 
A. To restore them by making them aware
B. Because next time it may be us who needs restored ...See More

3 · 11 hrs

Theresa Koene Galatians 6:1 brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual restore him in the spirit of meekness; considering yourself, lest you also be tempted.

1 · 11 hrs

Rachel Morton Struggling with sin (as we all do), and committing a crime against another person that merits civil discipline are not the same thing. If its something in the jurisdiction of the church then the church should handle it, but if it is something in the jurisdiction of the civil government, such as murder or rape, then the church has no authority over that situation and it is it to be handed over to the proper authority.

8 · 7 hrs

Brittany Simmons Exactly.

1 · 2 hrs

Lisa Willis Jones Unless a person is an eye witness to a crime they know nothing but what is told to them. If they continue to repeat these words with such venom and intensity they are no more than a person bearing false witness while trying to hide behind Bible verses. If truly seeking God they would be on their knees praying intensity for truth AND for the person instead of trying to be judge and jury on social media. 
In this country innocent until proven guilty still stands.

1 · 5 hrs

Rachel Morton What I said was that certain crimes (or alleged crimes if you wish to call them that) are not supposed to be handled by the church, but by the proper civil jurisdiction. The church has no authority to carry out civil discipline for theft, murder, rape, etc.

3 · 2 hrs

Dianna Triplett Exactly. Social media is being misused.

1 hr

Innocent until proven guilty means that you can't be convicted of a raping a child unless you have been proven guilty in a court of law. It does not mean that people can't say on Facebook that Jesus thinks raping a child is a shitty thing to do.

Or that the children affected DESERVE to be kept safe. This is not big government picking on the little man. This is someone standing up for some innocent children and demanding that they are protected while such serious charges are being investigated.

We've said it before here, but the sanctimonious "innocent til proven guilty" crowd are implicitly saying the child(ren) who were raped and abused are lying - so "guilty til proven innocent", which is so fucked up beyond belief.

It absolutely burns me that these women are getting all smug about handslapping people who are horrified and outraged at what seems to have some pretty damn strong evidence behind it. Playing "holier than thou" is always annoying, but playing holier than thou in order to diminish RAPE, and to explicitly tell people they should value the "benefit of the doubt" of a rapist over that of the raped child(ren) is just disgusting.  I am so, so impressed at Rachel going up against her own family, and older members of her community.

I am not a Christian, but even I can see which side Jesus would be on here.  He would not be "Let he who is without sin..." about child rape, unless my Bible is a very strange version!

I give a lot of props to Rachel for expressing her point so well and for not shrinking away from commenting just because her previous comment was deleted.  I wonder if it's easier to do since this was her mother, a female.  I have to wonder if Captain Bret made a post like this would she be as bold or would she then keep her opinion to herself? 

It's amazing (not) how the Smith crowd twist their bible verses to mean what they want when they want. While the Smith PR team (who are, by the way, as vile as they are but that's to be expected; you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep) goes to bat for Jacque's not so thinly veiled post about others calling her son out on sin (come on, no matter how they play it, we all know exactly what it was about; poor Smiths feeling persecuted because people aren't rushing to the defense of their son who is accused of raping a child he is related to, and those not jumping on the persecution bandwagon).

Both Jacquie & Bret are using Facebook to whine incessantly about how awful the world is to judge their accused rapist of a son...and those who call them our are, of course, the evil ones.

It's exactly how they always operated. They know all and are right and their interpretation of the bible, Christianity, whatever is the only right interpretation and anyone who disagrees is wrong, even if they change their stance based on the situation. They are the epitome of useless arrogant assholes hiding behind their bible to justify their vile existence.

If these people had any damn sense, they would keep this shit off of social media out of concern for all involved.

1 minute ago, RosyDaisy said:

If these people had any damn sense, they would keep this shit off of social media out of concern for all involved.

They can't. They can't shout about persecution and their perfection in their god's eyes if they don't have an audience. And while there are people on Facebook coming to their defense, it's pretty likely most real people do not believe their interpretation of things when it comes to their son or the bible (this time around; even if they fell for it in the past - it's clear many have jumped off the Smith bandwagon and run). If they don't use Facebook they will be left to live their ideology in their own world and that is not the Smith way. Captain Bret must make sure the world knows his awesomeness even in the face of 'persecution'. And he must also make sure that everyone who disagrees with him knows that god he finds it offensive and anti Christian and he is sitting in judgment upon you - not you upon him.

Nice twist. and classic Bret Smith.

It's always very telling when supposed Christians blatantly disregard any of the things Jesus actually said. In this case it's "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."

Rachel understands this, it would seem. 

That Lisa chick makes me really cranky. I expect ignorance from a Smith, but her obsessive defense makes my soul hurt.

I want to find all the places on the Internet that the Smiths used over the last decade plus to put down others, tell them how to live; the videos used to pump themselves up as special; the things they wrote and said and recorded for years to tell others - particularly other Christians - how to be 'right' and how wrong they are if they don't do...whatever it is Captain Bret said you should do.

Then I want to ask why they weren't on their knees praying instead.

And, I want her -and the Smiths - to explain how the comments on Jacquie's post are "hiding behind bible verses to bear false witness" when the Smith's did exactly that while duping people for years and years.

Karma. It's a bitch. And I don't believe in it cosmically; I believe we create our own karma. When you're an ass and ruin peoples lives and mislead them for your own gain, the day will come that you are the one being judged and no bible verse will save you now.

Eat shit, Smits. You created the world in which your son thought he could do what he did, and you continue to try to create your own world and pretend what is a heinous crime is not worth of judgment from others. You reap what you sow. You get what you give. What goes around comes around. Yes, Karma is a real bitch.

Eat it.

Bravo @fundiefan.

Jacqueline has a new post about how her mother is her hero and how she honors her and wants her children to honor their grandmother.  This could be in response to Rachel's disagreeing with her and she could be sending her a message that she needs to honor her own mother and to not contradict her.

21 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Bravo @fundiefan.

Jacqueline has a new post about how her mother is her hero and how she honors her and wants her children to honor their grandmother.  This could be in response to Rachel's disagreeing with her and she could be sending her a message that she needs to honor her own mother and to not contradict her.

I totally agree. 

Clicked through ole' scarlett's fb page and i'm still shaking my head about her posting a newborn photo of her new grandson...but completely ignoring the birth of her OTHER grandson (katie & alan's) from just a week earlier. :shakehead2:

ETA: But then I got to the part about the gofundme and brittany's "I wouldn't worry about it. it's not a scam" comment and that cheered me up again.  

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Bravo @fundiefan.

But...but...but...Captain Bret raised his daughters to be molded to their husband's will. He raised his daughters to become one with their husband and become his clone or rib or helpmeet or what the fuck ever. He praised such actions and decisions and choices at their weddings (and/or betrothal ceremonies). He used bible verses to justify this. He raised his daughters to belong to their husband.

So, too bad, so sad Smiths. If they are not honoring your mother, Jacquie, in the way you see fit, it's because you chose to raise them in a way that made them vessels for their husband's opinions and choices rather than yours. (or, you know, their own). The married daughters are not Smiths any longer and they are to do as their own husbands say now, not as their mother or father say.

Again, that karma thing is a bitch, ain't it?

24 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

This could be in response to Rachel's disagreeing with her and she could be sending her a message that she needs to honor her own mother and to not contradict her.

I have always wondered what happens in Fundy families who raise Submissive daughters who are meant to be under the headship of their husbands, when there are disagreements between the husband and the parents - what is meant to win, Honouring Father & Mother, or submitting to the headship of the husband.

Sadly, I have been thinking about this in the context of "Derrick wants to go on another Mission, but JB wants Jill and Israel under his control" - not something as awful as this.

Of course, we think women should be able to think for themselves, and make their own choices - but it would be further hypocrisy if Jacqueline is trying to assert her authority over Rachel, when they've specifically said that that's the role for her husband.

ETA:  We've talked about it before, but a timely reminder of the bible verses Rachel & Wesley quoted in August, which are much more apt than the "shut up" ones being sent back at them:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 16.47.39.png

http://wesleaandcompany.blogspot.co.uk/

ETA:  @fundiefan posted the same thing, only much better said, while I was typing - oops!

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Sadly, I have been thinking about this in the context of "Derrick wants to go on another Mission, but JB wants Jill and Israel under his control" - not something as awful as this.

Actually, from what I've seen in fundie families, it all depends on which father-in-law is the strongest personality biggest asshole.

Rachel Morton Pointing out sin, or false statements about Christ, IS our responsibility as Christians. If we love our fellow believers we will point out to them when they are mistaken. And if someone doesn't want to have a public discussion about something then th...See More

3 · 1 hr

Lisa Willis Jones Seriously do you read your own post?
Saying someone shouldn't post something on their OWN page is like saying they shouldn't post something so you are not tempted to sin is utterly ridiculous. Yes, I called what you have been doing sinful. Being ugly is being ugly no matter how you disguise yourself with verses . Satan quoted the Bible to our Lord .

54 mins

Lisa Willis Jones The Bible has specific instructions on how to approach or rebuke sin if you honestly believe if it is there then approaching it on facebook or social media isn't the place. .

13 mins

Lisa Willis Jones A simple comment on here saying we are praying for you would have been more Christian than all the verses that have ever been posted here in these comments.

11 mins

Lisa Willis Jones Satan miss quoted scripture to our Lord to meet his own agenda, many people do the same thing.

10 mins · Edited

Rachel Morton I'm sorry you are so confused by what I said. 

My mom is free to text me and ask me not to engage in discussions on fb at any time if she wants to.

1 · 2 mins

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Bravo @fundiefan.

I saw that too and my thoughts were how sad she does not seem so loving toward her own daughter and let's her pathetic little lap dog attack her on FB. How painful it must be for the family of the victims to see this.

I really understand that she loves her son. 

Lisa is on a roll...

Lisa Willis Jones Rachel Morton, you are your mothers daughter, you are her heart and I am sure you know of your mother's love for you. The post being made, do you not feel in your heart anything? You know your mother, you know when post where deleted there was a very kind reason for it. When someone spoke up for your mother, did it not stir in your heart maybe something wasn't right? Have you even considered maybe the post are not appropriate for public? You could always send your mom a text or a private message and express to her your thoughts instead of here. A daughter should feel for her mother and always show respect regardless if she feels she receives it back. We will all always have different opinions, especially a mother and daughter but we can be kind and loving to each other. My dear time on this earth is so short, you realize that more when you loose a parent. There is a bond you don't realize you have till they are gone. Even though you will see them in Heaven you will grieve on this earth.

Just now

Wow. The claws are coming out. Now Jacque's sister is not so covertly laying into Rachel (and other kids?) about honoring your mother without an IF....blah, blah, blah.

These people scare the shit out of me. Seriously. They always have but now, seeing how simple minded and pathetic they are, it really scares me.

Poor, poor Jacque. Her daughter disagrees with her, and it's not about some bible interpretation either - it's about the heinous accusations against of one of their own and how one should (or shouldn't) react to it  - so Jacque is letting all her minions fight her battles - and accuse and attack her own fucking daughter - because she, Jacque, is clearly too victimized to say what she means and get on with it.

I guess parents don't ever need to honor their children. Except the ones with penises. Especially if they are accused of heinous crimes against children.

And I am normally adamantly opposed to passive aggression, but I gotta' say, I love Rachel's response. "Sorry you are confused by what I said..."

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Lisa, you are a toxic person and don't even realize it.

Lisa you are being used as a yappy attack dog and don't even realize it.

Lisa Willis Jones Satan miss quoted scripture to our Lord to meet his own agenda, many people do the same thing.

10 mins · Edited

Yeah, like people whose agenda is to try and shit on victims of child sexual abuse and defend the perpetrators to protect their family image or something.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived