IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

Kudos to Rachel. Not only for her stance and calling her mom out on it, but for doing so publicly, in response to the public post. Too much goes on behind the scenes with fundies in general, and the Smiths in particular. I am glad to know their own adult kids are not toeing the line but instead standing for justice and in support of the victims-as well as the law and human decency. Not hiding behind some warped interpretation of the bible and religion is huge for a Smith kid. It shows growth-truth be told, growth I never expected to see from the SMor tons and their crowd.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are Katie's parents names?

Spoiler

image.png

I ask because Granny Scarlett posted a pic of a beautiful baby. I assumed it was Katie and Alan's baby. She is vague about whose baby it is. 

No -- that's not Alan and Katie's baby.  Alan's parents are Jacqueline and Bret Smith. Katie is a Morton -- her parents are Michael and Jeanine Morton.

And...now Rachel's post has been deleted...

I looked twice. Granny S never mentioned Alan and Katie's baby. 

What on earth. I can't for the life of me  think of a reason that is not horrible. She posts pic after pic of children and grand children. She has commented on pictures of Katie while pregnant. 

Not impressed Granny.

Whatever happened with Alan must be truly horrible and unforgivable if his sisters and Addie are smacking down Mrs. Captn Brett. We always hope for the sake of the children that the abuse was minimal in a relative sense but for these people to turn on their family really makes me scared for the child/ren he hurt.

I just don't see Rachel, Bethany and Addie acting like IN PUBLIC no less  that if they could blow off and dismiss the abuse as "minor". Fundies like to hide physical, sexual, emotional and spiritual abuse and pretend it never happened. Whatever Alan did is beyond deniability, which really really signals something truly horrific.

1 hour ago, colder by the lake said:

No -- that's not Alan and Katie's baby.  Alan's parents are Jacqueline and Bret Smith. Katie is a Morton -- her parents are Michael and Jeanine Morton.

And...now Rachel's post has been deleted...

dayummm that's coold - deleting your own daughter's post?  :cold:

I do not know these people personally, but I am quite possibly bursting with pride over Addie and Rachel's posts on Mrs. Smiths page. GO girls! It is SUCH a huge thing for them to call out an elder woman, and MOTHER publicly like this...I am almost overjoyed that Katie is getting this level of support from her sisters. One can only imagine what is going on behind the scenes with them right now, but if the girls are feeling free to call Mrs. Smith out like this publicly, it's probably even stronger behind closed doors.

I, too, find it really good to see the young adult Smith/Morton generation being so supportive.  This has been a nightmare situation that no one would wish on their worst enemies, but they seem to be (publicly) handling it well, which must be especially for Rachel, in the context of her father having set himself up as this all-knowing teacher.

7 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I looked twice. Granny S never mentioned Alan and Katie's baby. 

What on earth. I can't for the life of me  think of a reason that is not horrible. She posts pic after pic of children and grand children. She has commented on pictures of Katie while pregnant. 

Not impressed Granny.

Neither can I.  I get the feeling Granny S might be living in an Egyptian river, judging by her post on 1 August talking about a 'spam' Go Fund Me page (the day after the GFM for Katie was set up).  Brittany Simmons commented on that post too saying it wasn't fake...not sure who she is but I like her style.  Looks like she might be a friend of the Lanes - Bethany, Dan and Kressant Morton have all commented on her photos.

Why would Jackie post something like that. I would not want to draw any attention what so ever. I don't think I would post anything at all. I wouldn't want to look like I was ignoring the situation, and I most certainly don't want to appear to lack any sympathy for the victim. I get he is your son. 

I guess I don't really know what I would do. I am pretty sure I would hide under a rock. 

52 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Why would Jackie post something like that. I would not want to draw any attention what so ever. I don't think I would post anything at all. I wouldn't want to look like I was ignoring the situation, and I most certainly don't want to appear to lack any sympathy for the victim. I get he is your son. 

I guess I don't really know what I would do. I am pretty sure I would hide under a rock. 

She's too arrogant to think there is anything to hide from. Whatever Captain Bret's take is on the situation is hers, and it's the 'right one' and anyone who disagrees is wrong. I don't honestly think she or the captain can even fathom that their way of dealing is anything other than THE way to deal.

Bret is posting shit about pride on his Facebook; all of which applies to him in every way - but he clearly doesn't see it that way. He is RIGHT, not prideful. Everyone else is pridefull, thus wrong.

They are some truly scary people. I feel desperately sorry for the kids still at home. There is no escaping the crazy, and now I am sure it will be even harder to find the 'right' spouse for any of them, male or female, so they're gonna' be trapped for a good long time.

4 hours ago, inkypinkyponky said:

Neither can I.  I get the feeling Granny S might be living in an Egyptian river, judging by her post on 1 August talking about a 'spam' Go Fund Me page (the day after the GFM for Katie was set up).  Brittany Simmons commented on that post too saying it wasn't fake...not sure who she is but I like her style.  Looks like she might be a friend of the Lanes - Bethany, Dan and Kressant Morton have all commented on her photos.

Brittany Simmons is Brittany Lane. She got married a couple years ago. She's Bethany Smith Lane's sister-in-law. 

I'm having a little name-recognition trouble with this thread.  I have some dear friends named Alan & Katie, and he's a Pastor (although a real/normal one - they're good people), and every time I read the names it creeps me a little. 

Still praying for Katie and her children, and of course the victim (s).

the story got picked up on another forum, and the users over there are just starting to wade through the wealth of material that is the smith family's online presence.  i hope they find the wedding videos. :popcorn2:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?313596-GA-Bret-Smith-charged-with-rape-incest-and-child-molestation

A lot of the videos are removed or made private. The Smith's are not all that confident in their perfect ways now that their son has become a known rapist. They clearly didn't choose the right spouses, do enough vetting, and certainly didn't do enough protecting of children. So, they have gone secret.

But, the Internet *is* forever, so if the people over at the other forum care to dig, they'll find enough.

That would be fun. I'd like to see more forums/people/sources take on the Smiths and their crazy, and abhorrent behavior. I'd like to see a lot of it come into play in Alan's sentencing, etc. And the more who know and talk, the more likely it is to be 'found' by anyone else looking.

Any chance that we can find another copy of Kressant's wedding?  I used to hate watch that when I was bored.  

I do find it interesting that Cap'n Brett went on and on about how Kressant had a duty to mold herself into a Morton and to be whatever Michael likes since she was betrothed and was going to be a Morton now, no longer a Smith and now that Rachel spoke up against her mom her comment was deleted.  They told their daughters that they are Smiths no longer and guess who isn't backing them now? 

2 hours ago, cami said:

some new comments on Jacqueline's post...

Who is the Lisa Willis Jones who is acting as Jacqueline's personal PR manager?

ooh I love it... 

they ever so gently rebuke sinners (whose sin is hinting that raping a child is not cool)  on social media and then rebuke them for rebuking people on social media even though they just quoted scripture

I will never understand why no one seems to understand that forgiveness doesn't negate the sin that needs to be forgiven.  If they make the personal choice to forgive him for his actions, that's on them. However, their choice to forgive has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the fact that a crime against children has been committed and deserves full prosecution. Even if God himself grants forgiveness it still doesn't change the fact that he deserves full prosecution.  They are all still subject to the laws of this country.  Just because they've chosen to take the word of God and twist it to suit their own conscience rather than perhaps face up to the atrocity of what's happened doesn't mean other people need to take the same action. It's ridiculous. Utterly and completely ridiculous. Not to mention incredibly arrogant and narcissistic. If you want to quote the bible then perhaps you should be open to other people doing the exact same thing.  You don't get the luxury of cherry picking scripture. I'm going to quote this portion of the bible because it suits my own personal needs and desires, but hey you, don't you dare quote another portion of the bible back at me. It doesn't apply! I'm vaguebooking and if you're not going to agree with me, don't dare comment on my page! 

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Who is the Lisa Willis Jones who is acting as Jacqueline's personal PR manager?

If she were good at PR the entire post would be down. She comes across as a horrible detestable person. I can't wrap my head around these people. 

Rachel is awesome. She may now be my favorite SMorton. Lisa is pure sanctimonious evil. I want to know what makes her want to defend Alan. If you don't witness the act then innocent until proven guilty. We're talking about repeatedly abusing a child here. Wtf. 

I'm going to go on record and state that it is my opinion that Lisa is a complete and utter hag. Theresa isn't far behind.

As for Rachel, GO RACHEL GO.!!!!!!!!!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived