IGNORED

S'morton Bret Alan Smith Jailed (2)

SpoonfulOSugar

6 hours ago, oldsalty said:

You are absolutely right - and I need to just get over the shock  .. .domino effect - very good way to explain.  If I could have expressed it better, this was what I was thinking.  You are so very right about the children - all of it.  So thank you for the insightful. very kind way of explaining.

FYI the post you quoted was attributed to me, but wasn't my post. Incidentally, I do agree with it, however.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2016 at 8:50 PM, oldsalty said:

Okay - when I read the statement it bothered me for the very same reason.  I am not saying much as I am trying to be careful.  I am not sure which daughter you mean - I thought you were talking about Katie - and she is the Mortons' daughter, not Smiths.  The Smiths have raised their daughters to  make their own decisions, IMHO.

I missed it up, but bragging about training daughters to be mindless was Morton talking on the Smiths Youtube channel. Apparenlty neither the Smiths or the Mortons have a problem with that. Do you see how it is a massive red flag to want to raise daughters who can't make decisions? 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I missed it up, but bragging about training daughters to be mindless was Morton talking on the Smiths Youtube channel. Apparenlty neither the Smiths or the Mortons have a problem with that. Do you see how it is a massive red flag to want to raise daughters who can't make decisions? 

And the video of Kressant's wedding to Michael Morton Jr. on Bret's YouTube channel features a longwinded speech by the Captain patting himself on the back for raising Kressant to be a "helpmeet" and not to have any interests or thoughts or desires of her own, but instead to mold herself entirely into what Michael Jr. wants her to be.  Women aren't people to either of these families, they don't have individual personalities; they're all just baby factories that must keep quiet and meek and follow the men at all times and in all things.  They may as well all be completely interchangeable.  

Can I just say that any man who would want a woman that just goes along with him all the time on everything, no matter what, sounds like a real asshole with severe insecurities. I may be just a woman, but I married a person, not a robot. 

4 hours ago, cami said:

any updates on Alan and his arrest yet?

I set up a google alert and nothing so far.

From personal experience, it takes fucking FOREVER for an arrest to show up as a pending trial date. The police take their time with the charges and, at least here, it goes to a supervisor for approval then back to the officer for edits and submitting. It took like three weeks for it to get to the prosecutor. Then it took another two weeks and a bunch of hoops to get a meeting with the prosecutor to have my wishes heard. "The wheels of justice turn slowly" is an incredibly accurate saying.

3 hours ago, dramallama said:

And the video of Kressant's wedding to Michael Morton Jr. on Bret's YouTube channel features a longwinded speech by the Captain patting himself on the back for raising Kressant to be a "helpmeet" and not to have any interests or thoughts or desires of her own, but instead to mold herself entirely into what Michael Jr. wants her to be.  Women aren't people to either of these families, they don't have individual personalities; they're all just baby factories that must keep quiet and meek and follow the men at all times and in all things.  They may as well all be completely interchangeable.  

Yes.  I agree.  And I watched that video.  He married them, and Kressant said "Yes, Sir" to her vows, as well. . .as when he talked about her mind being ready to just do what her husband's mind wanted her mind to do, and to have his interests and his goals. . .I just spin, spin. ..thinking of this.

When something happens to the husband, what happens to the wife?

How does the wife support the family if something happens to the husband?

When does she do stuff that SHE wants to do. . .like yoga or writing a book or going on trips to Alaska with your girlfriends once a year. . .or things of the such.   When?

Example, the go-fund-me page for Katie since this has happened for Alan?  So they have to out-source for monies to keep the family going, because she can't provide for her family. . . .so that means that society has to rescue the family unit that is left when the husband is gone?    Correct?  Because the wife does not have life skills or way of earning money to provide for food and rent etc.  

I really think this is a reality show waiting to happen.  Only. . .it is reality. . .it is already happening. .. and it is already sad :(

Kressant's wedding and that speech by her dad was always the most mind boggling moment to me.  When I finally saw that video of Katie washing Alan's feet that popped right on up to the top as well.  Bret is an ass and he did this to his kids and grandkids.  Michael Morton is just as bad.  I blame them for Katie's predicament.  She has been groomed to have learned helplessness and is saddled with 8 little kids, no money, no skills, no education and is now without her patriarch.  She is going through something that would rend helpless any person.  Knowing her husband is a child molester and has been abusing a child she knows and loves and is somehow related to.  And she has no internal compass to rely on.  No inner strength to draw from.  No skills, ability or education to help her process or be able to do anything for herself or to provide for her children.  

On 8/21/2016 at 4:57 PM, snowgirl said:

When does she do stuff that SHE wants to do. . .like yoga or writing a book or going on trips to Alaska with your girlfriends once a year. . .or things of the such.   When?

Never.

Oh, her husband might take her on a trip together, just the two of them, while the kids stay with another like-minded family, but a trip to Alaska with your girlfriends? All the helpmeets leaving at once? Who would care for the homes and husbands and little children? (And besides, if you're always pregnant or nursing, you're not going to be going off somewhere on vacation anyhow.)

Some of them do write books, actually. Stacy McDonald (Passionate Housewives Desperate for God, Raising Maidens of Virtue), Martha Peace (The Excellent Wife, and others), Debi Pearl, I know there are others but my brain just died. Amazing how they find the time. Perhaps Indoctrination into The Proper Mindset for a Helpmeet is considered a valuable use of one's time.

Yoga? Isn't that a godless Eastern meditation thing that exposes you to demonic influences? (/sarcasm)

On 8/18/2016 at 11:53 PM, Grimalkin said:

For some reason whenever you post I read it with an 80's valley girl voice in my head. 

Cue the snapping gum noises. "Like oh my god guys. Like, why are you like snarking on a snark site? Like, why engage in like gross debate. You like, think too much. Thinking is like gross, gag me with a spoon" more gum smacking. 

That's how you sound to me.

You know I love you, right?

I don't understand idiots like this. The best I can figure is that this one is a millennial with helicopter parents who thinks her opinions REALLY MATTER, GUYS. Cause mommy told her she is always best and deserves a prize just for showing up. Wahhhhh.

Her whole comment really made no sense.

On 8/19/2016 at 10:03 AM, cami said:

On Mother mortons latest instagram photo ( of Adeline) one of the tags is #sheishelpingusoutofcrisismode

I guess they did come back to help at least /:

I think they were brought home because it wouldn't be right for Addie to be in charge of her brothers for very long.One can only imagine what the young 'uns might have gotten up to without parental supervision. Why, the boys might forget to clutch sofa cushions over their "front bottoms" when lounging in mixed company!

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You know I love you, right?

I don't understand idiots like this. The best I can figure is that this one is a millennial with helicopter parents who thinks her opinions REALLY MATTER, GUYS. Cause mommy told her she is always best and deserves a prize just for showing up. Wahhhhh.

Her whole comment really made no sense.

I love you too Nelliebellie.

I kind of wanted to revisit this anyway.  A Long angry rant accusing us of being .......angry bitches. If you want to be taken seriously try a sane and rational approach. Ranting like a lunatic makes you sound like you lack intelligence. 

When she predicts Getting a back lash is that supposed to stop us? Is it a challenge? Does she feel self righteous when people push back? Does she run to GOMI and complain she is not allowed to disagree?

I think she is entitled to disagree, and call people out, even if I don't agree, but FFS like I tell my ten year old "it's not what you say, it's how you say it." My ten year old has a mouth that would shame Miss Femminist eleventyathousandwhatever. If this is the future I need to double my efforts and crack down on that crap.

One of the young s'mortons (john) posted a pic of them giving "zack" a tour around moultrie. he's followed by addie on instagram. hmmm. anyone know who zack is? 

14 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I think she is entitled to disagree, and call people out, even if I don't agree, but FFS like I tell my ten year old "it's not what you say, it's how you say it." My ten year old has a mouth that would shame Miss Femminist eleventyathousandwhatever. If this is the future I need to double my efforts and crack down on that crap.

But, but, but - she's not here to make friends!

No kidding.  

That's a good cautionary tale for your 10 year old. :)

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

One of the young s'mortons (john) posted a pic of them giving "zack" a tour around moultrie. he's followed by addie on instagram. hmmm. anyone know who zack is? 

Does he have a new public Instagram?  I thought his was private.  If he does can you please link it.  Could Addie finally be getting a 'friend' of her own?

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Does he have a new public Instagram?  I thought his was private.  If he does can you please link it.  Could Addie finally be getting a 'friend' of her own?

John.morton98

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

that was my thought! what a weirdly timed courtship, if that is the case. BUT I WOULD BE SO HAPPY FOR HER TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. 

I wonder if the s'mortons will be readjusting the courtship model at all, in the wake of alan's arrest? it will be very interesting to see what happens with the next courtship the family sets up. 

(what @cami said for john's insta name - and I think it's public, since I follow it on feedly. )

6 minutes ago, cami said:

How old is Adeline? "Zack" seems a bit young..

He also looks very soft. One thing about the Mortons, they don't appear to be afraid of hard, physical work. Dorothy's and Martha's husbands seem to be similarly inclined. Of course, that wasn't the case with BAS. He seems lazy as hell.

Alan is definitely not a worker bee. Rachel & Kressant appear to work harder and more often than he ever did, but they're girls and they married into the Morton family who, for all their faults, obviously value and encourage hard, productive, income producing work. Bethany, the youngest of the bio Smith kids, doesn't seem very productive in her own right other than putting the baby factory to work; she's a text book baby making wife, but her husband does make his living in the real world and you can't be an EMT and be lazy or entitled.

Alan clearly coasted on his status as first son of the Captain.

1 hour ago, cami said:

How old is Adeline? "Zack" seems a bit young..

She's 26.  I agree he seems young. but so was tayte, right? Wasn't he like 17 when he and Martha got together, and they waited until he was 18 to announce the relationship? 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived