IGNORED

Winston Blackmore: Bountiful Booty

On 5/8/2017 at 4:42 PM, closetcagebaby said:

Maybe Canada will do what Utah can't or won't....

I sure hope so. When you have child brides giving birth at 16, there's something seriously wrong. Jeez, you can't say that they know their own minds. :( 

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/winston-blackmore-denied-to-police-that-he-married-a-15-year-old-court-hears

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So now I am waiting for the verdict in the Bountiful polygamy trial. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40677576 

They say the verdict will come to day but so far nothing but I am also in an earlier time zone than Bountiful.

Yeah, it's about 12:15 there, so I wouldn't expect anything just yet. Hopefully soon! 

• Upvote 1

I see that I'm not the only one waiting for the verdict. It's still early in the west so I don't think we'll get it before their lunch time. It's a lot to deliberate on. Hopefully people are smart enough to do the right thing.

• Upvote 2

The Blackmores I follow have all been pretty quiet in the last week. I know they did just have their huge annual family campout, and now I assume that was timed to guarantee Papa B could be there.

His wives have given birth to 4 new babies in the last two months, if my count is correct. I think that finally pushes him over the 150 mark.

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

Looks like BC's Supreme Court just ruled against and tossed Blackmore and Oher's claims that polygamy laws are a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and that their convictions for polygamy should be overturned. The convictions may now be entered into record and sentencing can proceed unless Blackmore and company somehow get leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/polygamy-conviction-bc-winston-blackmore-james-oler-1.4569158

Edited by Kittikatz
removed acronym
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2016 at 2:44 AM, devoe364 said:

Winston is a narcissist. I will not deny that. I also think when he was Jeffs bishop, he did some eww things, and some very illegal things. That said, I have no problem with his lifestyle as long as all participants are fully informed, consenting adults.

Winston is also rich as hell. He can afford to support his wives and children, and as pointed out, many of his wives work, so they aren't abusing welfare to the same extent as the FLDS in the US.

The fact is, the charges against Winston will never stand up to a Charter Challenge with the Supreme Court... It's why he's never gone to trial in the past. All Winston has to do is prove that polygamy is a sincerely held religious belief and it's protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms.

I highly doubt this will go to trial. Even if it does, any guilty verdict will be eventually overturned by the Supreme Court, which would pave the road to legalizing polygamy in Canada (it was this kind of challenge that led to Canada legalizing gay marriage). Basically, the government in BC is wasting their time.

I know this is old but was wondering if your u saw that they did stand up? Do you think they got it wrong?

• 5 weeks later...

Blackmore and Oler faced up to five years each after their convictions but that's not what they got. Blackmore was sentenced to a six-month conditional sentence served under house arrest and then a year of probation, and 150 hours of community service while Oler got a three-month conditional sentence, also under house arrest, followed by a year-long probation and 75 hours of community service.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/canadian-man-149-kids-sentenced-165909153.html

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Blackmore and Oler faced up to five years each after their convictions but that's not what they got. Blackmore was sentenced to a six-month conditional sentence served under house arrest and then a year of probation, and 150 hours of community service while Oler got a three-month conditional sentence, also under house arrest, followed by a year-long probation and 75 hours of community service.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/canadian-man-149-kids-sentenced-165909153.html

Sadly, these sentences won't do anything to deter the behavior. I really hope with Warren's FLDS that it is slowly imploding because of his prison edicts.

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I've recently been reading a lot about the FLDS recently (Elise Wall, Rachel Jeffs, Brent Jeffs) and this thread caught my eye. Oler received 12 months jail time followed by 18 months probation.

Year in jail, 18 months probation for ex-BC Polygamist leader

I looked at a few different articles and I really take exception to the girls being referred to as child brides. They were nothing short of kidnap and rape victims.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• 1 year later...

If anyone is on tik tok, then follow merlins.life

he is the 69th child of Winston and talks a lot about his childhood. Pretty interesting. 

• Thank You 1