IGNORED

Latest AFA meltdown: Hilton Hotels

The  American Family Association Holier Than Thou Society is having another meltdown.  This time over Hilton Hotels;

lgbtqnation.com/2016/07/bigots-explode-hilton-ad-featuring-two-happy-men-bed-together/

The notoriously anti-LGBTQ American Family Association is putting Hilton Worldwide on blast, for a sensual advertisement in Travel + Leisure magazine that depicts two men enjoying each other’s company during a hotel stay, specifically in a luxuriously appointed bed.

“Hilton Worldwide shocked readers by placing a full-page ad that featured two men in bed together,” states the AFA in a website post.

“Travel and Leisure isn’t a gay-specific magazine sent directly to homosexual’s [sic] homes. It’s a widely distributed mainstream publication that can be found in many public places such as doctors’ or auto repair waiting rooms.”

The AFA chided Hilton in its letter to the hotelier, demanding a meeting with its representatives and ads that were more “family-friendly.” As PinkNews reported, the AFA’s Tim Wildmon is one of the right wing conservative religious leaders advising Republican presidential nominee and hotel magnate Donald Trump. 

Here's the ad that has AFA all bent out of shape;

hiltonad.jpg

And oh, hey wait a minute....Didn't young Joshley Duggar once work for the AFA?  I wonder now if some of his Ashley Madison misadventures were at Hilton properties?

It amazes me that there are people saying two men in an ad depicting a loving couple having a vacation of fun is not family-friendly but somehow being an intolerant asshole in real life is somehow family- friendly.

Blow it out your can, AFA. 

The fact that they're focusing on this ad shows how much progress there's been the past few years. It wasn't that long ago that a picture of gay couple sitting around with their kids was enough to incite horror. Now it's so common that the last time I paid attention to the fact that a couple was gay was the two dads in the soup commercial with the Star Wars theme, and that was only because I anticipated the "I am your father," and "No, Luke, I am your father" lines.

Two guys in bed is a gift to the AFA because they may manage to drum up a little bit of indignation from the bigots, but they've lost that war and they know it. That's why so much of the hate is now being directed at trans people. You've got to have someone to demonize if you're going to get donations.

What is wonderful is the appearance of wedding rings on the guy's fingers. This ad makes me happy. 

Well, if Joshley was really with the stripper at the Doubletree, theny yes! That hotel is part of the Hilton family.

Guys, this is really bad. They missed the real, insidious part of this ad campaign... IT PROMOTES SWINGING!

16-00329_Bonus_Miles_LP_2000x625_anmv3.j

hiltonad.jpg

In the howwible gay ad the guy is wearing a wedding ring and laughing with his partner.  In the top ad he's in bed with that sweet, innocent, woman and took his sin ring off! OMG he's even sharing that same music!

This is TERRIBLE! What kind of message is Hilton trying to send?  Hilton hotels are a den of debauchery!

I've been a loyal Hilton customer for several years now. Between DH and I, we have something like 200,000 points with them. Methinks I will continue to patronize this chain (despite never encountering any debauchery!).

It's funny where they talk about Travel and Leisure maybe being found in auto repair shops.  Maybe at the MINI dealership, but not in an ordinary auto repair shop.  You're more likely to find Car and Driver, Motor Trend or Popular Mechanics.  If it's real old school, you might even find Parts Pups.  Parts Pups was published by NAPA (the auto parts people) and featured girly pictures and dirty jokes.  I think it pre-dated Playboy but I'm not sure.

ETA: You'd find girly calendars in auto repair shops, because everybody know that females don't go to those kinds of places.  They've got to have a man handle their automotive needs.

I'm trying to think what magazine, ad, or publication could be in a waiting room that would offend me to a point that I would start an internet campaign.

ISIS propaganda

Racial propaganda

Thats about it... even anti vax stuff wouldnt prompt me to rant on the internet... I'd probably just throw the magazine out... 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I'm trying to think what magazine, ad, or publication could be in a waiting room that would offend me to a point that I would start an internet campaign.

ISIS propaganda

Racial propaganda

Thats about it... even anti vax stuff wouldnt prompt me to rant on the internet... I'd probably just throw the magazine out... 

I do refuse to visit businesses with Trump signs.

If the AFA hates it, then it's okay by me.  

He worked for the Family Research Council, iirc

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Then again AFA/FRC is pretty much a case of same difference.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

I do refuse to visit businesses with Trump signs.

My father in law has a Trump sign in his yard. I wish I could refuse to visit him! :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

My father in law has a Trump sign in his yard. I wish I could refuse to visit him! :pb_lol:

Honestly, I probably would. I canNOT with Trumpers lately. I haven't spoken to my coworker beyond the absolutely necessary minimum communication for months now because of it.

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

It's funny where they talk about Travel and Leisure maybe being found in auto repair shops.  Maybe at the MINI dealership, but not in an ordinary auto repair shop.  You're more likely to find Car and Driver, Motor Trend or Popular Mechanics.  If it's real old school, you might even find Parts Pups.  Parts Pups was published by NAPA (the auto parts people) and featured girly pictures and dirty jokes.  I think it pre-dated Playboy but I'm not sure.

ETA: You'd find girly calendars in auto repair shops, because everybody know that females don't go to those kinds of places.  They've got to have a man handle their automotive needs.

I work in a dealership service department and we have Smithsonian,  the Atlantic, Mental Floss, and pretty much any magazine our manufacturer advertises in. 

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Honestly, I probably would. I canNOT with Trumpers lately. I haven't spoken to my coworker beyond the absolutely necessary minimum communication for months now because of it.

If it wasn't for my mother in law, I probably would, too. :pb_confused:

What is wonderful is the appearance of wedding rings on the guy's fingers. This ad makes me happy. 

Well hey, they're married so it's all good, right? Maybe they were virgins at the altar. Purity rings and everything.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

They're married, so what's the problem? 

Heh. 

They aren't regular married, they are GAY-married. Didn't you know, if you see a gay couple you might "turn" gay yourself.  Them sneaky gayz are always recruiting, and this is part of their plan for world domination. 

I really want them to do a big fuck you campaign and make a series of snarky, sneaky, clever ads about staying at Hilton Hotels while you're out pushing Teh Gay Agenda.

21 hours ago, Buzzard said:

16-00329_Bonus_Miles_LP_2000x625_anmv3.j

Travel and Leisure isn’t a straight-specific magazine sent directly to heterosexuals' homes...

Archived