IGNORED

The Allens - Nauglers with British accents

ester

On 7/27/2016 at 11:35 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Tasty meat snack?  :pb_lol:  If FJ ever does a potluck you're going on the dessert committee!

I do seem to recall offering up a placenta platter as a hostess gift in chat a long time ago.... after a Duggar birth.

Tsk, tsk, not so many takers on the offering.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once saw a lotus birth where a professional photographer spelled the word "love" with the umbillical cord. I draw the line at using discarded body parts to send cutesy messages.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I once saw a lotus birth where a professional photographer spelled the word "love" with the umbillical cord. I draw the line at using discarded body parts to send cutesy messages.

I wonder if it is on Pinterest. I'm afraid to look.

I saw something on FB today that one of the Allens has malaria?  I wonder what part of the world they are in at the moment...Off to research.

Loooooong time lurker here but finally made an account! 

That top the mother is wearing (in the this morning interview) The chevronish one....I have that...but it's a swimsuit cover. She is literally wearing a dress that's supposed to cover a swimsuit as a top.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Rejecting a health visitor may be allowed depending on why and what the health visitor thought of you.  If its a busy working sensible parent on their 2nd or more child who has a record of engaging well with GP, school etc and is just too busy to make the appointments/be available - that would be fine provided the health visitor has no concerns.

If there are concerns and you don't engage the health visitor will likely discuss it with the GP, and if together there are concerns social services will be called.

Social services in the UK like in the US are overworked and underfunded.  Thresholds for intervention are high.  From my awareness of the US social services, one thing which is done differently are that families are desperately kept together.  They have different levels of engagement with familes, which range from popping in from time to time to removing the kids.  The step below removing the kids is a child protection plan.   Whereby there is a set of things the parents must do or not do in order to keept the kids eg shoes need to be worn, medical care needs to provided if a child gets sick, no hitting etc

Another key difference between the UK and the US is that you can refuse vaccines, but you can not refuse medical care for your children if they get sick.  Faith healing to the exclusion of normal medical treatment is not allowed for minors.

Archived