IGNORED

Florida stories

47of74

A Florida woman wasn't all that happy that a guy was rebuffing her when she asked him to have sex with her and went after him with a hatchet.

thesmokinggun.com/buster/assault/florida-hatchet-arrest-628903

According to police, Leslie Mills, 26, returned home early Thursday after a drinking binge and began badgering the victim to “engage in sexual activity with her.” The man--who said he was awoken by the persistent Mills--told cops that he moved from the Ocala home’s bedroom to the couch in a bid to escape her.

However, Mills followed him to the living room, where she climbed atop the victim, “still asking for him to have sex with her,” according to an Ocala Police Department report. After again declining to have sex, the man went into the bathroom and locked the door.

Mills responded, police report, by pounding on the door, which she then successfully pushed open. Upon Mills entering the bathroom, the victim noticed that she was carrying a hatchet that had been removed from a living room wall. The man said that he wrestled the hatchet from Mills’s hands after she raised the weapon and "appeared to be preparing to strike him."

The victim--whose relationship with Mills is unknown--then fled the residence and called 911. Responding officers noted that Mills, who appeared drunk, was “dressed in just a bathrobe” when they encountered her outside the home.

:my_dodgy:

Edited by 47of74

That must have been terrible for the victim! I'm glad he's safe and doesn't appear to have been physically injured. I hope he gets good support for his emotional recovery.

Edited by Mercer
  • Upvote 2

"The hatchet was removed from the living room wall........" Caught my eye.

Was it imbedded in the wall, or there for decorative purposes? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

"The hatchet was removed from the living room wall........" Caught my eye.

Was it imbedded in the wall, or there for decorative purposes? 

Presumably for a fireplace? 

What a horrible story. Attempted rape is bad enough, but then combine it with attempted murder too? I can't even imagine.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, polecat said:

Presumably for a fireplace? 

Or it might be some sort of heirloom used for decoration.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Often times if a football player makes non-sports news it's because he's messed up.  Not the case this time;

thesource.com/2016/07/23/florida-gator-football-player-rescues-woman-being-sexually-assaulted/

Around 2 a.m. Thursday [July 21] morning, Florida Gators football player, Christian Garcia, was taking out the trash at his Gainesville restaurant job, where he was working security, when he saw the rapist assaulting the woman behind a dumpster.

According to GatorSports.com, Garcia saw the man pressing the woman up against the dumpster. At first the guy said she was his girlfriend, but about five seconds later he realized the girl was unconscious.

“I turned around and pulled the guy by the shoulder and said, ‘Get off,'” Garcia said. “That pretty much ended the situation then. He was intoxicated and attempted to throw some punches, but he slipped and busted his face on the wall.”

The rape was also captured on video by another one of the witnesses. According to the police report, the woman was unable to walk on her own, couldn’t keep her eyes open and had difficulty speaking. Gainesville police arrested 34-year-old Christopher Shaw and charged him with sexual battery.

I'm wondering if (and I'll admit kind of hoping) this wall was in the shape of five knuckles?

• Upvote 23

what a hero that young man is after cases like the Brock Turner case its nice to see sports men acting responsibly. Thoughts with the victim.

• Upvote 13

I absolutely love hearing this.  Too many times, athletes make the news for being entitled assholes.  Rapists.  Domestic abusers.  This story is fantastic.  And I'm glad the guy was caught and arrested.

• Upvote 13

I was so happy when I first read this article.  So good to see the good guys in the news too. 

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

The rape was also captured on video by another one of the witnesses. According to the police report, the woman was unable to walk on her own, couldn’t keep her eyes open and had difficulty speaking.

Also, notice how the person capturing the rape *on video* was doing nothing else to help?!  WTF happened to society that behavior like that is acceptable to ourselves and one another?

• Upvote 14

He "slipped" and busted his face on the wall ... 

I'm not sure if that slip was assisted or not (Mr. Polecat laughed out loud when I read that part to him), but either way, Mr. Garcia, you're my hero this morning. Thank you so much.

• Upvote 13

Bravo to this young man! I get a little defensive of athletes. My brothers are all elite athletes. There are absolutely many of them who are scumbags like this piece of shit. But I remember what my middle brother (just graduated from undergrad) told me when he was in high school. He made a promise to himself that he would never hook up with a young lady who wasn't completely sober. He said, if he wants her that bad, he'll want her more tomorrow, when she's with it. I guess I just want to point out that there are some really great athletes and young men. My brother and a group of his teammates are wonderful. They actually caught someone they thought was a friend in a similar act. He's in prison now. There are plenty of young men like him, and I hope we continue to hear more of these positive stories of people who stand for what's right. For what's HUMAN. 

To the person who stood by to video the rape: go fuck yourself. 

• Upvote 17

Yep, Florida.  A church organist is in a bit of trouble with the law now, facing indecent exposure charge after he allegedly put his penis through a bathroom divider wall and waited for the man in the next stall to do something.

thesmokinggun.com/documents/sex/church-organist-busted-in-glory-hole-gambit-758302

According to cops, a worker operating a street sweeper on July 12 stopped to use the restroom at a small park in Brooksville, a Tampa suburb. While in a stall, the man told police, a man entered the restroom and went into the adjoining stall.

In short order, cops say, the victim was confronted with the private parts of Jerry Childress, 75, who “shoved his penis through the divider wall and waited.”

The “agitated” victim subsequently confronted Childress, who “promptly exited the restroom and fled the scene on foot.” Though cops responding to a 911 call were unable to locate the suspect, the victim--who returned to working in the vicinity of the park--subsequently spotted Childress exiting a wooded area.

When Childress got into his car and drove away, the victim began following him (apparently while behind the wheel of the street sweeper). After tailing Childress to the Faith Evangelical Presbyterian Church, the victim called cops.

Yeah and said church is one of those that thinks marriage is between a man and a woman. 

• Upvote 8

I honestly don't understand shoving your genitals through a hole and taking the risk that the other person won't try to hurt you or call the cops. I get that this particular restroom probably has a reputation for being a place to go for anonymous sex, but this is just dumb to me.

• Upvote 10

To be fair to the church, a lot of churches employ musicians who are not members. The Catholic parish where I used to work employed a Lutheran accompanist/ music director who was succeeded by an atheist. The parish school's music teacher who was an Evangelical subbed for both as needed.

• Upvote 2

I know I'm a girl and so likely this wouldn't happen to me, but if someone stuck a dick into a stall I was in I'd shoot it a serious stink eye and get the hell out of there.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I honestly don't understand shoving your genitals through a hole and taking the risk that the other person won't try to hurt you or call the cops. I get that this particular restroom probably has a reputation for being a place to go for anonymous sex, but this is just dumb to me.

Yeah, someone could do major damage to the organ and the person probably wouldn't be able to move at all while the person on the other side is doing the damage.

• Upvote 2

My first thought when I read this was how large are these slats between stalls in men's rooms if they can accommodate a male sexual organ? But the real lesson, I think, is that cisgender people are far more likely to do creepy stuff in bathrooms than transgender people who probably get anxious at the thought of going into a public bathroom.

• Upvote 14

22 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

My first thought when I read this was how large are these slats between stalls in men's rooms if they can accommodate a male sexual organ? But the real lesson, I think, is that cisgender people are far more likely to do creepy stuff in bathrooms than transgender people who probably get anxious at the thought of going into a public bathroom.

Yeah like ex Senator Larry "I am not gay, I never have been gay Tappy Toes McWidestance" Craig.  I guess the old Idaho bathroom goblin probably still tells people he's as straight as a grizzley's male parts.

No disrespect intended for the victim here. 

It's awesome he was able to chase the creep down but- in a street sweeper?

How fast can those things go?

The 'organist' ;) is 75.  Maybe he was driving a little slowly?

Must have been quite an exciting chase. :)

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

No disrespect intended for the victim here. 

It's awesome he was able to chase the creep down but- in a street sweeper?

How fast can those things go?

The 'organist' ;) is 75.  Maybe he was driving a little slowly?

Must have been quite an exciting chase. :)

The organist, so to speak, must've been not driving all that fast. 

As for ability to keep up I think it depends on location and type of vehicle.  Some are specialized vehicles but some sweepers are attachments mounted to standard straight trucks so I imagine if he wasn't going fast and wasn't aware it was the sweeper guy he tried to mess with the sweeper wouldn't have had much problem keeping up with him.

• Upvote 1

I was so happy when I first read this article.  So good to see the good guys in the news too. 

Also, notice how the person capturing the rape *on video* was doing nothing else to help?!  WTF happened to society that behavior like that is acceptable to ourselves and one another?

I just had to take a Title IX course for law school and they call it the bystander effect. There are actually studies that say the more witnesses there are the less likely someone will intervene. Glad the football field player did.
  • Upvote 4

I would hope the videographer at least called the police and filmed for evidence.....perhaps they were afraid of the attacker?

• Upvote 3

The organist should just play with his own organ in the privacy of his own home. 

• Upvote 10

On July 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, mango_fandango said:

I know I'm a girl and so likely this wouldn't happen to me, but if someone stuck a dick into a stall I was in I'd shoot it a serious stink eye and get the hell out of there.

I think a whack with a shoe would work better. 

• Upvote 7

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic