IGNORED

Comment on Homemaker by Choice

snarkykitty

I don't have a problem with a four year old nursing, especially if it was just to calm her down to go to sleep. I would probably be disturbed by the seven year old though.

Everyone has their own comfort level based on our idea of "normal" when it comes to breastfeeding.

Ditto...

That "Game of Thrones" episode really got to me. That was hard to watch.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but that's okay!

Anyhoo, that's what worked for us. Our kids are thankfully healthy and have absolutely no food allergies or really any allergies, but I wouldn't claim causality b/c I know lots of breastfed kids with allergies, so who knows.

Thank you for saying this. I am a breastfed child who ended up with horrible allergies to the world! My mother breastfed me for 4.5 years. She did extended breastfeeding with all of her kids and yet 2 of us have severe allergies to a lot of things.

My personal opinion? I'll never breastfeed, what do I care. I don't like seeing a 4 year old in public nursing, I don't like seeing a lot in public, but I'm not going to comment to you. My biggest thing is, I don't need to see your 4 yr old nurse (or really any child after 2). But meh, people are going to do what they do, they are going to get upset if you don't agree with them, and they will always pull the "I'm doing this for my baby" care, even if they aren't. So Whatever.

Archived