IGNORED

Visionary contest

GenerationCedarchip

I remember the snarking on Visionary Womanhood's guide to hosting Koolaid Klatsches (love the term, FloraPoste!) so I had to share this. I saw a link on one of my otherwise sane friend's FB pages and it looks like some fundie-lite she reads is giving away a copy. Hmm...I wonder how this would fit into the FJ Snark Library? The chance to read and review without actually paying for a copy tempts me.

Here's the contest:

makingajoyfulhome.blogspot.com

Marketing skillz, she haz them! As for entering the contest: dooo eeeeeet!

Talk about a stealth plan to infiltrate more moderate christian circles! I wish we could give the whole book the Burris treatment.

Entering now... I noticed in the review that the blogger even seems to take issues with some of the group study materials VW suggests in her book. I'm itching to know what THOSE are.

Many of the materials she suggests are from Vision Forum, but she does say in the book that many people will want to come up with their own media or topic list instead of using hers. I thought the books was pretty good. It's not really an attempt to infiltrate anything, more like a way to show people how to set up events that center around a shared worldview for people who mostly already hold that view - sort of like a book club, but with DVD & CD listening "parties".

There are several other blogs doing giveaways as well:

breathinggrace.com/2011/09/visionary-womanhood-gatherings-review.html

backtoancientways.blogspot.com/2011/09/visionary-womanhood-gathering-e-book.html

thejourneyofachristianwifeandmother.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-visionary-womanhood-e-book-and-give.html

clayjarpeople.co.za/2011/09/20/review-and-giveaway-visionary-gatherings/

Raine - so you got the book? On her blog there was something about praying for 30 minutes for your "posterity" which is straight out of RasBotkin's "200 year plan". Was that in the book?

There are tons of guides for how to set up a book club or other group - and how much advice do you need, really? I think this is actually a great (i.e. horrible) method for getting those ideas and authors a wider audience. It's a soft sell, but soft sell can be effective. Lots of fund-lites will buy anything in pretty Christian wrapping.

Raine - so you got the book? On her blog there was something about praying for 30 minutes for your "posterity" which is straight out of RasBotkin's "200 year plan". Was that in the book?

Yes, it's in there. I thought it sounded like part of the 200 year plan. In some ways, I don't really see it as a bad idea, if you are praying for God to use them in his plan, not that they will follow your personal plan for them that you created generations before they were born.

Sure, but if you believe in prayer, why not pray for all future generations, not just the ones that share your genetic material? Personally, I'd rather do what I can to see that future generations, including my own kids and grandkids, don't have to live in a theocratic hell-hole with a trashed environment.

Archived