IGNORED

Jim Bob blind item

copyed

49 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Derick didn't grow up IBLP either so he may not be as opposed to birth control methods as Jill is.  They are attending a regular SBC church so perhaps Jill is taking the lead from him.  There is no proof, but it's possible. 

I'm thinking the same of Derreck. I'm curious to see how his mother handles her grandkids being raised fundie I see she wears pants but I feel like if my son or daughter wanted to marry into this cult I'd be kicking and screaming the entire way. In a respectful way...but still kicking and screaming.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Derick didn't grow up IBLP either so he may not be as opposed to birth control methods as Jill is.  They are attending a regular SBC church so perhaps Jill is taking the lead from him.  There is no proof, but it's possible. 

I wonder about this too. Some SBCs can be just as anti-birth control as they come, though (at least in my experience, I tried to steer clear but SBCs are a dime a dozen where I went to university and I ended up humoring some friends more than once), and while Derick isn't IBLP, his family does seem to have some streak of fundie going on. I would hazard a guess, if I had to, that they aren't preventing. They've said they didn't plan to on several occasions and although Derick isn't/wasn't IBLP, Jill seemed pretty sincere in that belief and I would be surprised if she married someone who wasn't equally as sincere.

I will say though that if Derick has decided to practice some form of birth control, it is very likely Jill has gone along with that. Head of the household and all that. And although it is a very long shot, it is even possible that Derick is trying to practice NFP without Jill's knowledge or is subconsciously more interested in sex at times when her fertility would be lower (such as directly after her menstrual cycle). 

I would feel bad for Jill if some kind of birth control or family planning was being practiced without her full consent, understanding, and agreement though. Although I certainly don't want 19 more fundies borne by each Duggar, I had a teacher once who was married to someone with whom she ended up strongly disagreeing with about the timing and number of children they would end up having and because I grew up in a very small town I heard a lot about the pain and heartache that ended up causing, and it eventually led to divorce which is not a likely option for Jill.

I have to say, no matter how strong your beliefs, "we'll take however many God gives us" in Arkansas with 19 potential sibling helpers and a mcmansion, plus parents, grandma, etc. is a very different thing than in Central America with a very young toddler and the Zika virus a real threat. Whether Jill knows it or not, I hope Derrick was keeping that in mind. Even if it was just encouraging her to continue breastfeeding in hopes of lowering her fertility, preventing pregnancy in that situation was the smart thing to do. It could have just been dumb luck, of course, we don't know.

On 10/10/2016 at 3:58 AM, barbecutie said:

I'm starting to think all the adoption talk from the Duggar parents and from their married kids (minus Josh and Anna, obviously) might have just been about adopting Michelle's nephew, which her and Boob apparently have guardianship over now. 

@barbecutie, I have to ask .... Sparks?  

If so, very talented band.

15 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

IIBLP considers *any* attempt at impeding pregnancy to be impermissible birth control though. So NFP and the pull out method is just as off the table as the pill.

But Derrick wasn't raised in IIBLP, he had a somewhat normal upbringing so having kids until they start dying isn't something that is ingrained into his brain. 

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But Derrick wasn't raised in IIBLP, he had a somewhat normal upbringing so having kids until they start dying isn't something that is ingrained into his brain. 

Sure but Gil and Kelly Bates and Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar also had relatively normal upbringings and ended up where they are. Derick is most likely pretty fundie, regardless of how he got there, and I would be very surprised if he didn't at least have the intention of not using any form of birth control or family planning at the time of his marriage. Whether or not that held through with Zika, whether or not it will hold true as life happens to them, that is harder to say. 

Plenty of other cults and even relatively mainstream churches are against birth control, including many SBCs (how stringently seems to depend on the pastor) which Jill and Derick did attend while in the states. To say that Derick wasn't raised IBLP means that no birth control wasn't ingrained in him is an oversight of all the different churches that could have instilled that in him, and to say that even if he wasn't brought up to be stringently anti-birth control means that he can't have radically and fully adopted these beliefs as an adult ignores the fact that most quiverfull families are headed by parents who had a relatively normal upbringing and still ended up birthing as many kids as possible.

On 7/20/2016 at 6:01 PM, Georgiana said:

This actually syncs up with other rumors surrounding Manbun Brown as it was said that there was significant friction in the Brown family cul de sac because Kody wanted a 5th wife and his candidate of choice was Robyn's niece.  Given the way AUB functions, I would not even be surprised if this is how it went down if it was indeed Kody and the niece.  

JB or Gil however would be very shocking.  

First off, EW!

Secondly, isn't that something commonly seen in the FLDS not the AUB, or are these groups closer than I think?

8 hours ago, Free2BeMe said:

First off, EW!

Secondly, isn't that something commonly seen in the FLDS not the AUB, or are these groups closer than I think?

From what I have seen first hand, some FDLS leave and marry into the AUB but not the other way around. 35-40 years ago the 2 groups were closer but the AUB firmly established their own community. My husband's grandfather was FLDS and when he was in his 70's in the 1980's left to become LDS. It seems like many of the people he was close to who didn't leave to be LDS became AUB. My husband;s work sometimes takes him to an AUB community and they are very welcoming of him. It is so different in the area that the AUB live (Centential Park and Colorado City).  

Robyn's niece was just a rumor. I dislike Robyn a lot and so do other women in my area(she lived in our school district when she met Cody and I have a child with an IEP about the same age as her son and her treatment of her son rubs many the wrong way). There are some of her former neighbors, call me shocked that love her. They talk about how kind she was helping out everyone that was in need. Her cousin, niece, all the other people that have stayed with her are just because she opened her home up to everyone. I'm sure she likes the extra help but she also spent years living with lots of different family members so she is just opening her home like others did for her.

As much as I think Kody is a lazy slob, and does not represent the average polygamist, he is not taking a 5th wife and not the niece or cousin. He is tired out and lazy. He just wants to hang out , grift and be a big kid.

Archived