• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
sophie10130

Pokemon Go!

Spent
LittleOwl

I've just started again :)

Loving that I don't need the app open to hatch my eggs! 

Edited by LittleOwl
Typo

bird
On 1/12/2019 at 5:42 AM, JillyO said:

Yes, I still need one more friend for the stupid Ripple in Time special research. So if you want to add me, that would be awesome! :)

As for the other special research tasks, I finished A Spooky Message and A Mythical Discovery, but am stuck waiting for a Ditto in the Meltan one. I really hate that task since you basically have no influence over when you'll find one. Ugh.

Could I please add you too?  My little boy and I play together on my phone and he needs a friend or two for a challenge. If anyone is still playing we are 8399 0913 6688 . Thanks. 

Edited by bird

Alisamer

Oh hey, my code is 3403 0385 6148 if anyone wants to add me! I'm not good about opening or sending gifts TBH, but I do when I can. Happy community day this weekend!

Giddy
ViolaSebastian

Hey everyone! Refugee from the J-Rod thread. If anyone wants to add me, I'm 7909 0331 6181. :goldfish:

justodd

I’m another one who found out about this thread thanks to JRod! I’m 1893 5468 2119, if anyone would be so kind. I’m lv 35, Valor, and usually pretty good about sending gifts, though not so much right now as I’m recovering from surgery and not getting out much. 😖 Really hoping I improve enough to join some friends for community day this weekend!

Vivi_music

A FJ Pokemon Go community? SICK!

Do you need to be at level 40 to make friends? I am only at level 30 (because life is busy and I have had long caps without playing). :(

Alisamer
16 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

A FJ Pokemon Go community? SICK!

Do you need to be at level 40 to make friends? I am only at level 30 (because life is busy and I have had long caps without playing). :(

Nope! I don't know what level is the minimum if there is one, but it's pretty low - my mom just started playing last august and we were able to friend her pretty quickly. I'm not at 40 yet, and I think mom may pass me at some point! 

I just sent somebody from FJ a gift from a sculpture called "steps of Jesus". It shows Mary and Joseph holding hands with Jesus as he takes his first steps. My sister nearly smacked me when I pointed out that Jesus in the sculpture was really old to be taking his first steps...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Spent
LittleOwl

I'm 5195 7623 3843 if you want a poke buddy in the UK :)

bird

Aah. Things have just got very exciting for one little 7 year old! Except he is down to boring playground gifts now so I've been given another task for while he's at school (besides walking to hatch eggs, spinning stops, catching all the things I see then clearing out the box and medicating all the sick ones!). I will admit I know very little about the game except that it is a great way to spend some time with just my little boy. With 3 sisters (2 of whom are teenagers) it can get a bit much so off we go on our daily walks together and he gets to tell me all about evolutions and mega evolutions and weather boosts and legendaries and I get to hold his hand and enjoy his company. Even if I'm not 100% listening. 

Silly_Rabbit

Hello everyone! 

The mention of PoGo in a JRod thread made me laugh and I decided to redownload the game. I’ll try to send gifts when I can.  9495 7428 3768

Giddy
ViolaSebastian
8 hours ago, bird said:

Aah. Things have just got very exciting for one little 7 year old! Except he is down to boring playground gifts now so I've been given another task for while he's at school (besides walking to hatch eggs, spinning stops, catching all the things I see then clearing out the box and medicating all the sick ones!). I will admit I know very little about the game except that it is a great way to spend some time with just my little boy. With 3 sisters (2 of whom are teenagers) it can get a bit much so off we go on our daily walks together and he gets to tell me all about evolutions and mega evolutions and weather boosts and legendaries and I get to hold his hand and enjoy his company. Even if I'm not 100% listening. 

That's one of the things that's kept me with it. Where I go for community days, you'll see families who are all out enjoying time with each other and everyone is super friendly and talks to each other about the game. There really is a connection you make with people playing.

bird
11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

That's one of the things that's kept me with it. Where I go for community days, you'll see families who are all out enjoying time with each other and everyone is super friendly and talks to each other about the game. There really is a connection you make with people playing.

That's really nice. I don't know what a community day is!! So far I've just done it with my son. I don't know many people who are playing so I rely on him to find out everything that's going on. So if it's not in his Pokemon encyclopedia we don't really know about it. 

Giddy
ViolaSebastian
8 minutes ago, bird said:

That's really nice. I don't know what a community day is!! So far I've just done it with my son. I don't know many people who are playing so I rely on him to find out everything that's going on. So if it's not in his Pokemon encyclopedia we don't really know about it. 

Once a month on a Saturday afternoon, the game picks a rare type of Pokemon and will spawn many, many more of them than i usually does. There are also some other things like special bonus points and lures. If it's decent out, it tends to get people out and walking together for Pokemon. 

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Ticklish

My trainer code is 5291 0221 9744 if anyone needs to add friends! I try to be good about sending gifts, but we've had so much snow and ice where I am lately that I haven't been able to get out and play or spin stops. When the weather is warm, I'm pretty active with it, mainly because my girls love it too 🙂

Edited by Ticklish

Alisamer
7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Once a month on a Saturday afternoon, the game picks a rare type of Pokemon and will spawn many, many more of them than i usually does. There are also some other things like special bonus points and lures. If it's decent out, it tends to get people out and walking together for Pokemon. 

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Also the catch rate is higher, and so far there has always been a shiny of the community day Pokémon! When weather is nice we go walk downtown, with tons of other people, some of whom we have come to know through the game.

if you meet other players out and about - I just happened upon a group raid about to start - you can ask if they have a way of organizing for events and raids. Our area has a discord server, so whenever anyone sees a good raid, a good task, or rare Pokémon they can share with everyone and often meet up to do raids that require more people to win. It makes that Ditto task easier, most of us got that one quickly because anytime anyone got a ditto they'd post where and what it was for others to be able to look for it. My sister works downtown and is on multiple servers because there are so many raids. Someone here usually sets up a Raid Bus every couple months - $20 or so per person, they rent a big bus with a driver, and everyone rides around doing raids for a few hours. 

Alisamer

Also - who is ColonelWilzior? I've only added new friends from here this week, so it has to be somebody here I'd think.

I'm asking because you are local, and I want to make sure to get you on the Discord server if you're not already!

bird
21 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Also the catch rate is higher, and so far there has always been a shiny of the community day Pokémon! When weather is nice we go walk downtown, with tons of other people, some of whom we have come to know through the game.

if you meet other players out and about - I just happened upon a group raid about to start - you can ask if they have a way of organizing for events and raids. Our area has a discord server, so whenever anyone sees a good raid, a good task, or rare Pokémon they can share with everyone and often meet up to do raids that require more people to win. It makes that Ditto task easier, most of us got that one quickly because anytime anyone got a ditto they'd post where and what it was for others to be able to look for it. My sister works downtown and is on multiple servers because there are so many raids. Someone here usually sets up a Raid Bus every couple months - $20 or so per person, they rent a big bus with a driver, and everyone rides around doing raids for a few hours. 

That sounds like so much more fun than trying to do it alone. I once found myself at a raid with lots of men who all seemed to know each other and I felt a little out of place. 

Edited by bird

Giddy
ViolaSebastian

It’s been so neat seeing everyone’s gifts—all my friends had been local, so I’m loving seeing everyone’s landmarks. I feel like the ones I send, though, don’t measure up. “Greetings from the mall and that one weird gym behind my liquor store.”

bird
On 2/14/2019 at 10:59 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

It’s been so neat seeing everyone’s gifts—all my friends had been local, so I’m loving seeing everyone’s landmarks. I feel like the ones I send, though, don’t measure up. “Greetings from the mall and that one weird gym behind my liquor store.”

My son has a list of his new friends and writes down where each gift comes from after careful examination of the landmark. His most favourite new friend is whomever has named their pokemon buddy Butthead. I don't know why. In the meantime I have developed pokemon gift pressure as the playground is not cool enough and I managed to get two from the post office outside a supermarket which have been rejected for his new people. 

But on a serious note this has been a real lifesaver as he has been struggling with tummy aches and worry since his big sister battled through (and out the other side of!) anorexia. He has become very sensitive to a change in moods around his sisters and if they are upset he gets very tense. But this week we have had no tears or tummy aches for school because if he gets up and dressed nicely he gets to open your gifts before school. It has been such a useful tool! So thank you all. 

Giddy
ViolaSebastian
6 minutes ago, bird said:

His most favourite new friend is whomever has named their pokemon buddy Butthead. I don't know why.

Hahahaha, that’s me. And this has totally made my weekend. 

bird
5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Hahahaha, that’s me. And this has totally made my weekend. 

You can expect our very best gifts ha ha. 

Giddy
ViolaSebastian
47 minutes ago, bird said:

You can expect our very best gifts ha ha. 

Likewise! :goldfish:

Vivi_music
On 2/11/2019 at 11:49 PM, Alisamer said:

Nope! I don't know what level is the minimum if there is one, but it's pretty low - my mom just started playing last august and we were able to friend her pretty quickly. I'm not at 40 yet, and I think mom may pass me at some point! 

I just sent somebody from FJ a gift from a sculpture called "steps of Jesus". It shows Mary and Joseph holding hands with Jesus as he takes his first steps. My sister nearly smacked me when I pointed out that Jesus in the sculpture was really old to be taking his first steps...

That is pretty awesome. Thanks! I have not started the whole ''friend'' thing, but I am curious. I anyone doesn't mind, I might add a bunch of you who provided their number on here? :)

My own user code is 0890 8966 1996 and my user name is Vivi91.

Edit: I have sent invitations to @LittleOwl @potato @justodd @ViolaSebastian and @Alisamer

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3