IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Did I ever tell you guys how I went to camp with Kelly Bates?......

You mean that one time, at Band Camp? 

• Upvote 24

4 hours ago, raisingthebarre94 said:

Plus she kept referring to IBLP as IBPL. I was confused.

Sometimes it is the little things that trip people up.

I think I may have written IBPL as a typo once.  Most of the time though - nah.

• Upvote 4

Sometimes it is the little things that trip people up.

I think I may have written IBPL as a typo once.  Most of the time though - nah.

Yeah at first I thought it was a typo. But after like 6 times on multiple threads... I don't even free jinger that often and my keyboard still auto-corrects to IBLP
  • Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, raisingthebarre94 said:

Yeah at first I thought it was a typo. But after like 6 times on multiple threads... I don't even free jinger that often and my keyboard still auto-corrects to IBLP

If you (general you) notice things that make you smell a rat - do report your concerns.  Sooner rather than later.  

Our Admin and Helpmeet team is very good.  And they don't bite when reports are made in good faith. :content:

• Upvote 17

No we won't bite and we may be sitting here giving a poster the side-eye and needing confirmation. 

• Upvote 13

I know I don't know half the features on this site, and I've been a poster on FJ since the good ole Yuku days, so I've seen multiple platforms! Hell, I got a warning because I didn't know there was a tapatalk signature that is verboten to post. It was a total accident. 

Noobs might not know how to respond to PMs right off. But yeah, I also noticed the consistent screw-up of IBPL. Once, I went "typo," but then again, maybe HER phone put it in that way and she didn't pay attention to it. I tend to slow down since my phone will give me "it's" even if I want "its." I still have to manually correct that one for some reason. My phone? Not that smart. :(

Not defending this poster, but there can be extenuating circumstances. I haven't been perfect on this site, and I've been here forever.  That said, I lean towards troll until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 12

She read it and chose not to respond.  My guess is because there wasn't a good, true, or reasonable answer to what was asked. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I know I don't know half the features on this site, and I've been a poster on FJ since the good ole Yuku days, so I've seen multiple platforms! Hell, I got a warning because I didn't know there was a tapatalk signature that is verboten to post. It was a total accident. 

Noobs might not know how to respond to PMs right off. But yeah, I also noticed the consistent screw-up of IBPL. Once, I went "typo," but then again, maybe HER phone put it in that way and she didn't pay attention to it. I tend to slow down since my phone will give me "it's" even if I want "its." I still have to manually correct that one for some reason. My phone? Not that smart. [emoji20]

Not defending this poster, but there can be extenuating circumstances. I haven't been perfect on this site, and I've been here forever.  That said, I lean towards troll until proven otherwise. 

True. Well I hope we didn't run her off with our suspicion if she is legit :/
Do you think any of the people we talk about on here come in and post like they're someone else?

raisingonthebarre94, people do occasionally come on to pretend they are real users. I think Ken Alexander did it? Someone came here under the moniker Cabinetman, but I don't recall who was the real guy behind it. Someone else can probably tell you. Kori Wissmann also came on here as Haterblocker and left some comments, one of them about the "sexy" babies she and Andrew would make. In her case, she was pretending to be a random FJer.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

You mean that one time, at Band Camp? 

I didn't go to band camp...I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

I actually went to fundy-lite camp for several summers and it left some spiritual scars tbh. I learned some things.  Some times the people who claim to be the most pious are the meanest mean girls, it's definitely not always okay (really not okay) to ask questions even in an innocent just asking for clarification way, and ...horses hate me.

Between that, Awana, VBS, and the ever guilt filled YA series about twins Joy and Roy I'm left with a lot of weird fear and guilt lingering in my head which crops up at very inconvenient times.  And more often than you'd think considering it was a pretty short time of my life (age 8-13 or so) but maybe because of the developmental stage or I'm just a neurotic weirdo but I don't believe in hell.  Intellectually, spiritually...I haven't in over 30 years.  But a on-zero percentage of my brain is really worried about going there.  

Anyone else subjected to Awana?  Ugly uniforms and competitions about memorizing bible verses?  Which I was very good at but I rememeber nothing except John 3:16. 

I've been in a mysteries of the bible binge lately and this is really my first time of listening to the stories in depth with commentary...the fundy lite stuff was so superficial.  There is some very fucky war mongering horrible stuff in there and thst never touched in.  I do remember learning about the sacrifice of Issac story back in the day and it horrified me.  I asked one of the Awana leaders, who was very nice (until then) and a friend of my mom how does it make sense that God loves us as a father, but he commanded a father to do that to his son; and my parents love me more than that because they wouldn't have even thought about doing that.  

The answer?  We're not asked to do that now, but if they wouldn't have obeyed God their faith isn't strong.  And she talked to my mom about my lack of faith.  One of the biggest wtf moments of my life.

My dad may have had non- existent faith as far as I could tell but I knew he die himself before hurting us.  So Heavenly Father loves us more than earthly father....not seeing it.  If that's really the case, God should be very pissed at the bible writers for totally fucking up that message.

and what the HELL is the moral of the Samson tale?  That if you hook up with a giant dumbass you can turn a sweet profit?   He lies about the strength thing over and over and wakes up subjected to that thing...he knows she's trying to capture him...but "if you really loved me you'd tell me." And he gives it up?  Should have dumped her lying ass the first time he woke up bound by reeds or whatever it was.  

Although the best part is that some historians believe the translation wasn't that he was hooked up to a mill to grind grain once captured, as punishment, but was forced to breed so they could get giant warriors and they think it ties into the Goliath story.  Like finding crossovers reading the original brothers Grimm. :) 

wow - I went off topic.  Tldr I never went to band camp :) 

2 hours ago, raisingthebarre94 said:

For we're going to judge veracity based on typos you're all going to out be as a Duggar.  I'm happy when my typing approximates the word I was going for.

• Upvote 12

Asking her(Bye Bye Birdie) about herself, with disclaimers of "if it's not too personal" was a good strategy. I imagine, if there ARE connections from her to the Bates family, she may have realized, oops what if they find out it's me? So, questions about that connection, or about their observations, that seems to be what makes them "run screaming". I do wonder now, how much of those claims paint these fundies in a positive light vs painting them in a negative light? Johnna's story of visiting the Duggars for church and pot-faith after comes to mind.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

and what the HELL is the moral of the Samson tale? 

The moral of the Samson tale is... if someone asks you "what's sweeter than honey and stronger than a lion," the answer is "a hive of bees inside a lion carcass." Important life lesson, that.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2016 at 10:12 PM, nickelodeon said:

The moral of the Samson tale is... if someone asks you "what's sweeter than honey and stronger than a lion," the answer is "a hive of bees inside a lion carcass." Important life lesson, that.

That, and that a man should never get a haircut from a woman.

Surprised more fundies don't pick up on that.  

• Upvote 10

Well dang, I was enjoying reading those posts until I realized she deactivated. 

Always late to the party. 

• Upvote 9

25 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I am guessing she deactivated because she got scared she was giving herself away.  

I kinda think the same thing, without further knowledge. It was a little vague, but didn't sound much like the ones who turn out to be fake or trolling. But in having watched some of the other incidents unfold here, it's easy to understand skepticism.

• Upvote 2

We deactivated her.  Things about the account didn't add up.

• Upvote 17

I believe that Nathan is the reason the relationship "failed."  I say "failed" because they are still friends which is what they were before the courtship. So, I don't really understand the point. Before he announced his courtship, he says things like he thinks Lawson would be next to court even though he was with Ashley.  When he told his family he is about to court, he was adamant that he is not going to get married yet but to just court for he was not ready. Why court if he is not ready for marriage?

On 7/24/2016 at 1:13 AM, sunshine said:

I believe that Nathan is the reason the relationship "failed."  I say "failed" because they are still friends which is what they were before the courtship. So, I don't really understand the point. Before he announced his courtship, he says things like he thinks Lawson would be next to court even though he was with Ashley.  When he told his family he is about to court, he was adamant that he is not going to get married yet but to just court for he was not ready. Why court if he is not ready for marriage?

Maybe he was really attracted to her and figured it was the logical step and Jesus would change his heart?

• Upvote 3

I think Nathan and Ashley wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but not necessarily running down the altar yet. You know, like normal young people.

• Upvote 25

Sarah Reith is engaged, yall! This brings me to...when Sarah broke up with Zach, their pics were taking down like the same day the announcement went up. However, Nathan's and Ashley breakup and their pics on their parents' accounts are still there. So, what gives!?!

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Sarah Reith is engaged, yall! This brings me to...when Sarah broke up with Zach, their pics were taking down like the same day the announcement went up. However, Nathan's and Ashley breakup and their pics on their parents' accounts are still there. So, what gives!?!

They're higher profile now and would get too many negative comments.  Also they claim that they're still friends.  You wouldn't take down pictures of your friend, right?  I still wouldn't be surprised to see them get back together.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, sunshine said:

I found Sarah's Instagram, and she's wearing a top with NO SLEEVES! Sarah has come a long, long way since the shy, crunchy-perm, courting with Zach Bates days. I wouldn't even recognize her as the same girl, to be honest. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

They're higher profile now and would get too many negative comments.  Also they claim that they're still friends.  You wouldn't take down pictures of your friend, right?  I still wouldn't be surprised to see them get back together.

I don't know. I sure don't post pics of me cuddling with my friends nor do I cuddle with them, so.... Yeah, they may get back because the pics could put a pin in future relationships with other people.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic