IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

According to the keepingupwithfundies recap of the last episode (https://keepingupwithfundies.blogspot.com/2019/03/bub-812-newlywed-nest-trace-put-to-test.html), Nathan continues to be a dick to women. When they go rock climbing he tells Kelly that she's a grandmother now and grandmothers shouldn't climb rocks. Nothing about grandfathers not climbing rocks, obviously.  Thankfully Kelly ignores him.  

At this point I'm hoping he never gets married. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
grammar
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

On 3/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, justmy2cents said:

Can't see them going to the trouble of creating another card for an Instagram story. If there was someone there they wanted to hide wouldn't they just not show the card?

Maybe his date wasn’t allowed to play. We all know what mini golf is like ... :output_eeMbjt:

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

I was just coming over here to complain about Nathan's stupid comments about grandmothers not climbing rocks. He really needs to stop talking if he ever wants to get married, good grief. Apparently Gil didn't seem to have the same reservations, he hooked Kelly right up to climb that thing and good for her for trying it. Nathan continues to be the worst.  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I had a crazy apocalyptic dream last night that Nathan and Lawson were the only two men left in the world. And after trying to reconcile myself to the idea of Lawson for a bit I gave up and just decided to never have sex again. 

• Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

That is a nightmare. But better than being stuck with the PPP and Steve Maxwell. I could probably have sex with Lawson and try not to kill Nathan if they both agreed on never ever saying a word until they die.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Ladies, I’m sorry, but why on earth would you even contemplate having sex with either of those goofs even if they were the last men on earth? I didn’t hear anything about the earth’s supply of vibrators being depleted. You have options, okay? :pb_lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Ladies, I’m sorry, but why on earth would you even contemplate having sex with either of those goofs even if they were the last men on earth? I didn’t hear anything about the earth’s supply of vibrators being depleted. You have options, okay? :pb_lol:

Those are fine things to have, but warm active bodies are also of the good. Speaking theoretically, of course. 

I figure could handle Lawson if death were not an option. Nathan is another matter; certainly he'd have to be forbidden from ever speaking. 

• Upvote 6

I haven't gotten to watch all the seasons of BuB but I did see the episode where Nathan cried when he and Ashley broke up, so he was clearly hurt by it. I wouldn't be surprised if his pain turned to bitterness.

However, it sounds like he started making sexist comments before he and Ashley even started pre-dating dating courting, whatever. No wonder Ashley got out while she still could.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I haven’t posted in so long. But I live in the New England area and met Ashley sayler at a Starbucks last summer. She and her sisters were so polite and friendly. I went up to her and her sister and said I recognized them from bub. I have been critical of her beliefs heavily but she really had the most bubbly personality. I said it years ago that I couldn’t imagine her being in Tennessee at Nathan’s headship. It really was a terrible match. I’ll never forget when Michael was trying on wedding dresses and he kept saying really rude comments. He grew up with sisters he should know more than anyone how to treat a woman.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, GoddessOfVictory said:

However, it sounds like he started making sexist comments before he and Ashley even started pre-dating dating courting, whatever. No wonder Ashley got out while she still could.

And furthermore, I don't think that Nathan and his parents visiting Ashley's family in New York, while playing the "country bumpkins in the big city" helped.  Yes, there's nothing wrong with coming from the country and finding the big city environment different or even a bit overwhelming, but this was all just overdoing it in front of their son's courtee's family.   

I think Ashley dodged a bullet seeing how Nathan behaves these days.  I am not a fan of Kelly by any means, but his comment to his mother about grandmas not doing rock climbing was uncalled for.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I keep wondering why Lawson and Nathan aren't married. Now I understand. All those brothers-in-law can't work together to find a newly of age, very sheltered girl who'd take them? I guess not.

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
typo
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I keep wondering why Lawson and Nathan aren't married. Now I understand. All those brothers-in-law can't work together to find a newly of age, very sheltered girl who'd take them? I guess not.

Lawson is married to himself.

Ashley made a run for it before Nate got her on lockdown. Now he regularly shows what an ass he is, so nobody wants him.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 18

14 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Lawson is married to himself.

Ashley made a run for it before Nate got her on lockdown. Now he regularly shows what an ass he is, so nobody wants him.

I’m currently picturing Lawson dressed as Queen Elizabeth I saying this to Kelly:

CA949E74-DB98-4F4B-8846-5994BC5205DC.jpeg.f387b5e83279ee3d728957177b4ca518.jpeg

I’m 100% ok with this mental image. ?

• Haha 17

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, Purrl said:

Has there been any hint of Ashley with another guy since she & Nathan broke up?

No. She also has hinted at feeling anxious about not being married, wondering when her time will come. This was posted with pictures of her at SiRen's wedding. She was spotted sitting next to someone that was thought to be Nathan.

She nor her sisters have been on Instagram actively lately. I wonder what's going on. I think she was at Josie's wedding. I know they were good friends. Not sure if the family was at Carlin's today. If it truly was a no little kid zone, I doubt they'd come. We'll see.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, Exjw2015deed said:

[...] I said it years ago that I couldn’t imagine her being in Tennessee at Nathan’s headship. It really was a terrible match. [...]

I agree.

I now wonder if it was one sided. I think she liked him enough, but I always thought she was more attracted/attached to Josiah for some reason.

Nathan seemed to have deep feelings for her . I wonder if he sped ahead to courtship.without any agreement from her to do so. Or was she like so many fundie maidens. She probably knew it wouldn't work before the courtship but didn't want to hurt his feelings or make him look bad . I don't think it should have gotten as far as courtship.  

I think her sister Stasia has a broken courtship, too.

• Upvote 4

On 3/22/2019 at 1:43 AM, lumpentheologie said:

According to the keepingupwithfundies recap of the last episode (https://keepingupwithfundies.blogspot.com/2019/03/bub-812-newlywed-nest-trace-put-to-test.html), Nathan continues to be a dick to women. When they go rock climbing he tells Kelly that she's a grandmother now and grandmothers shouldn't climb rocks. Nothing about grandfathers not climbing rocks, obviously.  Thankfully Kelly ignores him.  

At this point I'm hoping he never gets married.  

As a woman who boulders twice a week (in a gym at a reputable public university!), this still makes me extremely mad. I don't know how old Kelly is, but she is a young grandma, too, and her joints are apparently still in good condition. I really hope he never gets married too. I would feel so sorry for his wife being under such a control-freak.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

As a woman who boulders twice a week (in a gym at a reputable public university!), this still makes me extremely mad. I don't know how old Kelly is, but she is a young grandma, too, and her joints are apparently still in good condition. I really hope he never gets married too. I would feel so sorry for his wife being under such a control-freak.

And the more you move, the younger you stay!

I think it's also just a mindset thing. When I was a kid, 60s was considered old and my grandparents acted accordingly.

Now 60s just seems like middle age, you're not truly "old" until you hit your mid-70s, and even then it's such a spectrum. There are 75-year-olds requiring help in the bathroom and 75-year-olds climbing mountains.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

It looks like Ashley isn’t at the wedding. I wonder what’s going on. She went to Josie’s. She hasn’t posted a lot lately but she made a point of posting a video of her in the Bronx with friends. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Actual photo of Nathan when he saw all the women with updos at Carlin’s wedding yesterday:

5DD89468-7BC3-44D8-97C1-16C3446FA6EE.jpeg.656917f22d5dcf5cab6fcd57ebf431e2.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

I think that both Ashley and Stadia were at the wedding based on this pic from the Up website.  I’m pretty sure that’s them standing off to the side by Elijah. 

00179F48-3063-48C6-993A-90F4EFFDD0E4.png

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

Here are Ashley and Stasia at the Carvan wedding (this is public, I don't have an Instagram account): 

• Thank You 3

Ugh, I think Nathan is my least favourite fundie (minus those that have committed horrific crimes and abuses). Like, he hasn't done anything illegal or abusive that we know of, but man, he's a dick.

I guess it's good that he doesn't have social media (that I know of) or we'd be subjected to his BS political beliefs too.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

@Oh_Dear! keen eye!!!

Salyer sisters really are tight with this family and thw Duggars. Time has proven that for sure. I think the sisters show up to these events even when the larger family stays home. Have we seen any other fundie failed courtships remain friends? 

2 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I guess it's good that he doesn't have social media (that I know of) or we'd be subjected to his BS political beliefs too.

I always prefer that they do so I remember who they are when no one is looking. Lawson is a prime example of this. He may delete his tweet but his truth comes out loud and clear.

• Upvote 4

Nathan has long reminded me of Andy Griffith's character in A Face in the Crowd (in which he's kind of amazing if you can bear that kind of drama,) and I cannot bear him because of it, no matter how fit he is. 

I always sincerely hope these younguns will have a wake-up, but if he does, it'll be a tough one. 

Ashley seems kind of great? But you can't influence your friends much if they don't want to be. 

Edited by backyard sylph
omg "Nurturing Your Brother's Manhood" is awesome. I just want to say that.
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic