IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

4 hours ago, just...sare said:

Sorry to bring the topic back to this...

Hide contents

15037206_1135432243159553_7872971940331290055_n.jpg

I started heading bobbing along with the cotton eye Joe music in my head. Never to get it out of there now. :P 

• Upvote 7

On 11/12/2016 at 6:04 PM, Carm_88 said:

I started heading bobbing along with the cotton eye Joe music in my head. Never to get it out of there now. :P 

Thanks for the grin today. Needed it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Bgirl said:

The Bates aren't following Ashley on Instagram anymore. It seems like the courtship/friendship may be over.

Didn't they play that game of to follow and not to following thing? I guess the next progression will be to remove pictures of them. 

It is xmas and this is when the courtship began, so, yes let's end it, eat chocolate cake and move on.

• Upvote 2

On 12/23/2016 at 0:06 PM, Bgirl said:

The Bates aren't following Ashley on Instagram anymore. It seems like the courtship/friendship may be over.

It didn't seem like a good match to me.  All of that "trying to turn her country" stuff, why not just get a country girl? At least the Bates kids have some changes to get out of relationships. 

My question is, would it be considered "disrespectful" if a guy ended the courtship? It seems like the girls mostly do.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

It didn't seem like a good match to me.  All of that "trying to turn her country" stuff, why not just get a country girl? At least the Bates kids have some changes to get out of relationships. 

My question is, would it be considered "disrespectful" if a guy ended the courtship? It seems like the girls mostly do.

It is presumed that the guy had prayed about pursuing the courtship and God told him to choose her. With that being said, no it is not disrespectful for the guy to end the courtship. He would need to man up and say that he made a mistake. BUT, their culture dictates otherwise.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, sunshine said:

It is presumed that the guy had prayed about pursuing the courtship and God told him to choose her. With that being said, no it is not disrespectful for the guy to end the courtship. He would need to man up and say that he made a mistake. BUT, their culture dictates otherwise.

Hmm, OK. So he CAN end it, but because the guy is essentially the sole "chooser," if it doesn't work out it looks worse for him, because he's the one who allegedly heard from God that this was the right one. 

Almost makes you think that some of the couples are still together despite not being right for each other. What a thought! Lol.

Edited by SweetFellowshipper
  • Upvote 2

Has there ever been a fundie couple that we know of that ended their courtship but got back together and married?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Has there ever been a fundie couple that we know of that ended their courtship but got back together and married?

Nathan said that his parent broke up in their courtship and engagement prior to marrying. I don't think that counts, though.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, sunshine said:

Nathan said that his parent broke up in their courtship and engagement prior to marrying. I don't think that counts, though.

I don't think they courted.  They just dated. This was before they became entangled in IBLP.

• Upvote 7

On January 1, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Mela99 said:

Excellent question--I've been thinking the same thing. And I can't think of anyone!

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

Ok, this is super random and also a couple weeks old but look what I noticed on Instagram.  This guy Garrett is the ex-boyfriend of a blogger I follow (The College Prepster). I started following him on Insta while they were dating.  I keep meaning to delete him but he popped up on my feed with his new lady and I noticed that Ashley Salyer had liked this picture.  I can't for the life of me figure out how she would have come across him but it's so weird that my fashion blog reading and my fundie obsession came together in this way.  (He is not following her back, btw. I just checked.)

IMG_1370.PNG

• Upvote 4

Ashley is at Big Sandy family camp this week, per a comment by her sister on a Staddon Instagram.  Hmmm.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Ashley is at Big Sandy family camp this week, per a comment by her sister on a Staddon Instagram.  Hmmm.

Do we know if Nathan is there with the fam?   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Do we know if Nathan is there with the fam?   

We don't know yet. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Pasta said:

Does she follow "his love?"

LOL! Her account in private and I don't follow her so I can't check!!

• Upvote 1

I think the pilot in front seat on the right is Nathan. Wonder if they are hanging as "just friends" or trying to work on their relationship again? And man is she sitting awfully close to Lawson lol 

*she posted two videos of her in the plane to her insta and I screenshot the images from the videos 

IMG_3780.PNG

IMG_3784.PNG

• Upvote 7

Yeah just saw this. Are they just friends? I have to admit if they are that's really mature of them. But what happens when one of them gets into a courtship? I'm thinking they might get back together.

• Upvote 2

I was going to say that the Bates are laying low as usual. However, much like TFDW, Ashley put them out there. :P 

• Upvote 1

Has any one seen Ashely's instagram story she just posted?? She went hiking with Nathan and Josie, just the three of them. Could this mean that they're trying things out again?? I think it's definitely interesting that they just went with Josie cause that's a strong chance of chaperoning imo

what do you guys think?

• Upvote 10

Now it's starting to look fishy. I think something is going on. Does anyone get the sense that Ashley may have ended the courtship?

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

I think the pilot in front seat on the right is Nathan. Wonder if they are hanging as "just friends" or trying to work on their relationship again? And man is she sitting awfully close to Lawson lol 

*she posted two videos of her in the plane to her insta and I screenshot the images from the videos 

IMG_3780.PNG

IMG_3784.PNG

No one just takes any girl on a private air plane ride with "chaperones." Besides, they planted of storyline of Nathan's parent breaking up and any back together. So...

I didn't think she post non relative boys on her instagram. Interesting.

Edited by sunshine
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Has any one seen Ashely's instagram story she just posted?? She went hiking with Nathan and Josie, just the three of them. Could this mean that they're trying things out again?? I think it's definitely interesting that they just went with Josie cause that's a strong chance of chaperoning imo

what do you guys think?

Please post link.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic