IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

On 17.8.2016 at 0:03 AM, felinefundie said:

Did anyone else have to learn the Cotton-Eyed Joe? Because I feel like that was the most important line dance to learn for high school for me. Every single school dance from Prom to Sadie Hawkins featured the Cotton-Eyed Joe and if you didn't participate you weren't cool. We even did at at state conventions (like for student council or FFA).  I've since had to do it at weddings, because all my friends are the silliest kind of rednecks, apparently. 

Even I did Cotton-Eyed Joe at elementary school. And I'm from Germany.. I don't know wether my PE teacher just liked the song or if somewhere deep inside her she was a redneck.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

Even I did Cotton-Eyed Joe at elementary school. And I'm from Germany.. I don't know wether my PE teacher just liked the song or if somewhere deep inside her she was a redneck.

At my very, very Italian wedding, we did the CEJ. 

(ducks for cover) :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

At my very, very Italian wedding, we did the CEJ. 

(ducks for cover) :my_biggrin:

sounds like a wedding that I would have LOVE to attend.

• Upvote 2

So, Nathan and Ashley are still seeing each other about once a month or whenever they can. For what? I am sure there are tons of girls who are willing to help Nate forget about Ashley.

• Upvote 5

On 9/9/2016 at 5:10 PM, sunshine said:

So, Nathan and Ashley are still seeing each other about once a month or whenever they can. For what? I am sure there are tons of girls who are willing to help Nate forget about Ashley.

Friendship?

On 9/9/2016 at 5:10 PM, sunshine said:

I can't wrap my fingers around it, but I have a feeling that these two are not done. 

• Upvote 11

• 1 month later...

Can I say that Ashley wore cowboy boots? Yeah, it probably isn't much of big deal but she swore she would never wear them. So, there is that.

14725474_566644663528584_8662667426887632242_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Once I finally got passed the wrinkled skirt... why is she wearing a skirt over a dress? But WHY isn't she fulfilling her womanly duties and ironing the damn thing*? It's an eyesore. 

*Unless she's rebelling on the womanly duties, in which case, go on with your bad self, girl! Boycott ironing. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

Once I finally got passed the wrinkled skirt... why is she wearing a skirt over a dress? But WHY isn't she fulfilling her womanly duties and ironing the damn thing*? It's an eyesore. 

*Unless she's rebelling on the womanly duties, in which case, go on with your bad self, girl! Boycott ironing. 

I did not notice her dress and skirt combo. Good eye. ha

Kind of a weird outfit but it looks like she's trying to take some fashion risk so that's cool. Is that her sister? She's flippin adorable. 

Wonder what's going on with Nathan and Ashley. 

Edited by MsSaylor
  • Upvote 3

She looks so over it all in that picture. :pb_smile:

And young. Thank god the wedding is off. She looks way too young to be married with a kid and a half on the way.

(Take that for what it's worth, by the way. I'm at the point where everyone looks so, so young! :pb_razz:)

• Upvote 7

On 10/26/2016 at 9:56 PM, Casserole said:

I think the wrinkle thing is like a trend now, like so many stores seem to market pre-wrinkled clothing. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I think the wrinkle thing is like a trend now, like so many stores seem to market pre-wrinkled clothing. 

Cool. I'm in style then. I told my husband there was no need to waste my time with the iron. :pb_razz:

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Cool. I'm in style then. I told my husband there was no need to waste my time with the iron. :pb_razz:

My new iron has a steamer in it and I have a handheld steamer that makes creases if necessary. Haven't ironed in years and it's FABULOUS. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/29/2016 at 1:31 PM, AnywhereButHere said:

My whole life I have just been blazing the trail on this trend. Lol

• Upvote 15

Does anyone else feel like she has that skirt on to pretend she's wearing something more modest....then when she gets elsewhere, she's going to pull it off and wear the shorter dress with leggings?  That was my first thought, but then I've known people who switch clothes asap, once they are outside the reach of certain rules.  

• Upvote 8

I am waiting to see if Ashley will be Nathan's "date" for the upcoming Duggarweddingpalooza

• Upvote 3

I feel they are trying to work through their differences in a slow and mature (for fundies) manner because they DO really seem to like each other AND have understood that they are different enough that rushing into marriage would have been a disaster. I'm hopeful for their future together (and that Nathan learns stuff from this too, not just waiting for Ashley to "countrify")

• Upvote 7

On 11/1/2016 at 9:54 AM, ladyaudley said:

I feel they are trying to work through their differences in a slow and mature (for fundies) manner because they DO really seem to like each other AND have understood that they are different enough that rushing into marriage would have been a disaster. I'm hopeful for their future together (and that Nathan learns stuff from this too, not just waiting for Ashley to "countrify")

Perhaps. Unless one of the Bates saw her older sisters Insta story where Ashley was dancing to the Hamilton soundtrack! That might cause some issues!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Fighter said:

Perhaps. Unless one of the Bates saw her older sisters Insta story where Ashley was dancing to the Hamilton soundtrack! That might cause some issues!

So, the dancing would be a problem or the soundtrack? Ha.

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic