IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

3 hours ago, Marly said:

I will say, getting married on a small budget while wanting to throw a nice party and having a big family isn't easy. For the ceremony guests we are limiting family to parents, grandparents, siblings and aunts and uncles. No cousins, and no children under 18. And for the party we are only going to invite cousins we are close with. We decided we prefer to be surrounded by close friends than cousins we never see and have nothing in common with.

I get this. I had a very small wedding, because I limited it to those same family members, and several of them couldn't travel to make it. We had only 10 guests at our wedding, we had a short morning ceremony + cake and champagne on the roof of my parent's building, then went out to brunch. (We did do a night-before dinner as well.) Still, planning it was way more stress for me than I wanted. Finding the restaurants and negotiating a menu with them was definitely the hardest part and took months. But there was also the dress, groom clothes, the cake, the photographer, the flowers, the decorations, music, planning the ceremony, learning how to dance so I could do a father/daughter dance, helping out of town guests (all of them were out of town except my parents) find reasonable accommodation, etc.  I guess it doesn't help that I'm pretty picky and a lot of things were serious three-way negotiations (sometimes fights) between my husband, me, and my mother. I don't judge anyone who just wants to elope or who doesn't invite me to their wedding.  I really loved having my family there and feeling all the love towards us, but if I ever get married again I'm not doing any of it. 

We also had a kind of open-house party for friends two weeks later, with just a bunch of booze and snacks (no gifts were expected).  I wore my wedding dress but other than that it was just like any other house party, and that part was great.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

I'm a full-time wedding photographer...and I wanted to elope....haha.  I told my husband let's just go to Mexico and whoever wants to come can come. Of course my parents (and my husband) were not jazzed on the idea. We ended up having a giant wedding and while it was fun I still would have been just as happy going to Mexico. 

• Upvote 4

Meanwhile in Nathanland-- his ex-boo Ashley continues to work as a nanny for a family with three little boys. The family is obviously wealthy--they've taken Ashley (and sometimes her sister Anastasia as well) along on ski & beach trips, and most recently 5 weeks in Israel. I hadn't noticed before, but the boys seem to be wearing kippot in this picture: 

Anyway, Ashley  seems to be living a very different life than Nathan back in Rocky Top

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I realized today that whenever I click on this thread I’m only checking to make sure Nathan is not in a relationship.  Ashley really dodged that bullet.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

I realized today that whenever I click on this thread I’m only checking to make sure Nathan is not in a relationship.  Ashley really dodged that bullet.

To be completely fair, I think they both did to a certain extent. I definitely don’t like Nathan and I find him pretty intolerable, but if they had married I think they both would have been unhappy eventually because they both seem to want very different things out of life. It’s far better for both their sake’s that things ended when they did. Now they can both focus more on pursuing the types of lives they each seem to want  rather than slapping on a smile and pretending everything is great for the cameras. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Kelly is really trying hard to convince potential future wives that Nathan isn't a huge dick, lol.  I think she protests too much. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm just surprised that Kelly used a picture in which Nathan is wearing a shirt. :pb_lol: 

But what is his face doing? Is he in the middle of saying something? Forcing an awkward smile for his obnoxious mother? Constipated? Thinking about all the Brides in the world who foolishly wear their hair up like hussies? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to share this account of Nathan (and John David Duggar) behaving like assholes in the Bahamas, From the latest TJ JDD thread:

Note: the author of the Fbk comments uses the term "skinny Oriental" at one point, which is distasteful, but the info about these behavior of these fundies is worth reading.

Edited by scoutsadie
Added note
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

• 3 weeks later...

Continued from here:

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic