IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

I do not see Ashley in pictures with Nathan. Granted, I don't follow a whole lot of these fundies anymore but, I follow her. She usually posts Bates stuff in her instastories where they will eventually disappear. I know she was with Lawson and her sisters on a personal flight to Big Sandy. Most likely Nathan flew them, but that has not been confirmed. To me that is hanging. If I see you at an event, say hello and can you take a pic with me for the gram, that is not hanging. If we are travelling together by choice, that's hanging. If I am making announcements about my friendship with you, we're friends. While I am not particular against her hanging out with Lawson, I have no problem assuming Nathan is around most of the time when it happens.  Otherwise it does seems strange on this side of fundiedom.

These two families don't have strong connections outside of Ashley and Nathan courting. Geographically, they're in different parts of the country. But of course it could be anything. Always the hypothetical "this could mean anything." I do not think Lawson and Ashley are getting to know/courting but we were having a little bit of fun with the idea.

• Upvote 4

It would be so extraordinary if Lawson and Ashley got together that I almost want it to happen just for my own amusement. To date this whole Nathan and Ashley thing has come out like a novel and to throw in Lawson as a hypothetical rival for Ashley's affections? Please pass the popcorn.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_ouas24RJDu1r7p58q_250.gif.3c5df3bae4048f279eb3e06f794607f8.gif

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 22
  • Love 2

On 8/7/2018 at 7:34 AM, llucie said:

Lawson seems to get on really well with the girls, he has lots of female friends, its surprising that he hasnt find one that wants to court him yet.

His friends all know he is a massive douche

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

His friends all know he is a massive douche

nah i dont think so, he comes across like that to us because we live in a complete diferent world, but in their world he is probably seen as a extremely nice, even "sensitive" for a guy. You can see this when you compare his comments on stuff with his brother Nathan for example.

• Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, llucie said:

nah i dont think so, he comes across like that to us because we live in a complete diferent world, but in their world he is probably seen as a extremely nice, even "sensitive" for a guy. You can see this when you compare his comments on stuff with his brother Nathan for example.

Seriously? I grew up not far from Batesland, and had/have plenty of fundy or fundy lite friends and relatives. I don't think any of them would not see Lawson as something other than a preening, posing, self-absorbed guy who thinks he is more talented than he really is.

PS My anniversary with Mr Possum is later this week, so it is very fitting that my status just got upgraded to "Got Engaged at Arby's."

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Ashley's a FFF partner now too: 

Spoiler

I think she may have actually written some of this herself; I suspect FFF's boilerplate wouldn't include a mention of the bag being deep enough for your Bible. Regardless, LOL at all the fundies jumping on this train. Is it possible to lose money through IG sponsorships?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I believe that Nathan and Ashley sat together. It could be no biggie, but Nathan did say if a girl says no to his proposal that he will try again.

Untitled12.png

• Upvote 1

I hope she continues to say no. I'm going to guess that Nathan isn't one who understands no means no when a woman tells him that. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I hope she continues to say no. I'm going to guess that Nathan isn't one who understands no means no when a woman tells him that. 

He has an awful lot of sisters who in any culture could boss him around and teach him a lesson or two! I AM surprised that Nathan and Lawson are still single.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

He has an awful lot of sisters who in any culture could boss him around and teach him a lesson or two! I AM surprised that Nathan and Lawson are still single.

Nathan seems to not hide overt patriarchal and controlling leanings, which isn't good when it comes to finding a wife even in their society. No young maiden wants to give herself to a guy who has made it clear he plans to rule her with an iron fist and his way is the only way. I bet they all go into marriage with the hopes they get a guy who will respect them and let them make some  decisions. 

I don't get the impression Lawson actually wants marriage. Marriage and children would cut way down on his traveling and ability to take pictures while jumping. He holds kids and puppies for Instagram pictures. If he wanted a wife I bet he could get one easily. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

On 9/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, albireo said:

Ashley's a FFF partner now too: 

Hide contents

I think she may have actually written some of this herself; I suspect FFF's boilerplate wouldn't include a mention of the bag being deep enough for your Bible. Regardless, LOL at all the fundies jumping on this train. Is it possible to lose money through IG sponsorships?

“A handbag Deep enough for my bible” is my new favorite fundie quote.

Granted I paraphrased it but only the tiniest bit.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

“A handbag Deep enough for my bible” is my new favorite fundie quote.

Granted I paraphrased it but only the tiniest bit.

I am always on the look out for the perfect bag that will hold my ipad. That doesn’t really have the same ring to it though ...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I don't get the impression Lawson actually wants marriage. Marriage and children would cut way down on his traveling and ability to take pictures while jumping. He holds kids and puppies for Instagram pictures. If he wanted a wife I bet he could get one easily.  

LOL

Is he the one, the first time they were on the 17/18/19 Kids and Counting, who said he approved of all the restrictions but that his Mom and sisters used the internet at the library?  That would make sense then.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Keep saying no, Ashley!  Hit him on the head with your Bible if necessary.

Ashle &one of her sisters got to go to Miami recently as part of their nanny jobs and stayed at the Ritz!!  Good for them.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Ashle &one of her sisters got to go to Miami recently as part of their nanny jobs and stayed at the Ritz!!  Good for them.

Nice perk!  Ashley and her sister are both Nannies for the same family and travel together?  I wonder how that works. Maybe they have a lot of kids.

• Upvote 5

On 10/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, TeaELSee said:

Nice perk!  Ashley and her sister are both Nannies for the same family and travel together?  I wonder how that works. Maybe they have a lot of kids.

They also may both work part time for the same family ( both work only 20-30 hours as opposed to 40-60 hours) family pays the same amount but the nanny is less stressed. It could also normally only be one of them as the nanny but they wanted an extra set of hands for a hectic vacation. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, tumblr said:

It could also normally only be one of them as the nanny but they wanted an extra set of hands for a hectic vacation. 

I can see that. Especially if the family had never been to that place before. 

On 10/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, TeaELSee said:

Ashley and her sister are both Nannies for the same family and travel together?

I know less than nothing about these people but I'm flashing on this...

Spoiler

ba6af4dca21c4a1d29677e46080d6a82.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:17 PM, tumblr said:

They also may both work part time for the same family ( both work only 20-30 hours as opposed to 40-60 hours) family pays the same amount but the nanny is less stressed. It could also normally only be one of them as the nanny but they wanted an extra set of hands for a hectic vacation. 

This sounds very reasonable. I know a friend who was an a-pair was "borrowed" by another family for a vacation. It was a pretty sweet deal for her since the other couple paid her more for this week, she got to stay in a beautiful warm place and they often got parts of the day off since the parents wanted to spend time with the kids during the day. They didn't get to go out at night though since the parents wanted to go to a restaurant or clubbing as much as possible but when you don't have to pay anything and you get paid to do it is still pretty good.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, elliha said:

This sounds very reasonable. I know a friend who was an a-pair was "borrowed" by another family for a vacation. It was a pretty sweet deal for her since the other couple paid her more for this week, she got to stay in a beautiful warm place and they often got parts of the day off since the parents wanted to spend time with the kids during the day. They didn't get to go out at night though since the parents wanted to go to a restaurant or clubbing as much as possible but when you don't have to pay anything and you get paid to do it is still pretty good.

In my area Au-pairs are pretty common they go on trips with the families. 

• 3 months later...

It appears, according to Ashley’s Insta story, that both Nathan and Lawson are visiting them in NY. 

I remember when they were breaking up, Nathan specifically mentioned that his parents had broken up several times before getting back together. I feel like Nathan has hopes that the same thing will happen with him and Ashley. 

Either that, or Lawson is trying to mack on Nathan’s girl...

4BDFAD7B-474D-4B0E-970F-C46A1CEBF6F8.png

4E7DEB0F-F30A-45DA-A0B0-6681C7D251CF.png

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 2/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, formergothardite said:

I hope Ashley is running from both those guys!

Can't she just scare Nathan off by wearing her hair up? 

Lawson and Nathan flew to their missioncation via NYC, right? So perhaps they are visiting Ashley on the way back,

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

I do wonder what they're trying to accomplish here. I am still going with the ex couple where one wants to be friends but the other thinks there may be another chance. Anyhow ,these two may surprise us yet but Ashley has said they're only friends now on one of her old posts.

During one of the recently FB Live videos, Nathan indicated that he has basically been throwing himself into work. He also seems to be maturing in his responsibilities. Maybe his travels around the country will open up his mind a bit, yes? No? lol I aways hope.

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic