IGNORED

The Ark Encounter has opened!!

notsocommon

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard this on NPR Morning Edition.  They did a very good job of covering the controversy around it. 

You can listen to it here

Oh fuck me. I have relatives by marriage that are there today and posted pictures. Gross. Worse is other relatives that I actually have to see on a regular basis "liked" the photo.

I respect their beliefs until they go young earth creationism. Sorry. You've completely decided to ignore science and that makes you a total moron. 

3 hours ago, lovemygsp said:

I respect their beliefs until they go young earth creationism. Sorry. You've completely decided to ignore science and that makes you a total moron. 

The works I've read by creationist scientists give the impression that they're generally working within science, though I can see how easily people who are already morons would gladly flee science on any pretext just because it's too intellectual for them.

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Does that thing stay afloat in the raging storm waters? 

Only for 40 days.

Edit: Apparently it doesn't float, period.

10 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

The works I've read by creationist scientists give the impression that they're generally working within science, though I can see how easily people who are already morons would gladly flee science on any pretext just because it's too intellectual for them.

I don't think they  work within science... Sure, they  aim to give the impression that they're scientific but it's not very scientific to have a predetermined  conclusion derived from an alleged holy scripture and then to twist your facts and ignore evidence that says the opposite.  

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Only for 40 days.

And because Ken Ham with millions of dollars couldn't build an ark that floats that just proves that Noah's Ark really was a miracle!

Seriously, though, people are actually using that reasoning.

Is it just me, or does their Ark look a little short on fire exits and heavy on flammable materials? Fire safety is a bit of a pet issue of mine - I'm sure it has to meet fire codes to open as a public attraction, but looking at it I don't quite see how.

Taking one for the team.... we have a Nascar/Ark/Creation Museum/Louisville Slugger jaunt planned for next July. 

I have plenty of time to get a denim skirt.

AND A TANK TOP for the Nascar thingy.

(Not to be mixed)

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

So it is possible to make the earth 6000 years old through science.... /not. 

Please note the inclusion of YOUNG in my post. I have nothing against those who believe in divine intervention. But you don't get to completely ignore science. That is what makes you a moron. 

Damnit, Kentucky.  Will you never, ever stop embarrassing me?

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't think they  work within science... Sure, they  aim to give the impression that they're scientific but it's not very scientific to have a predetermined  conclusion derived from an alleged holy scripture and then to twist your facts and ignore evidence that says the opposite.  

I actually have more respect for people who interpret science in the light of their holy scriptures than those who interpret their holy scriptures in the light of science, as the former actually have enough faith in and respect for what they believe is the word of an infallibly all-knowing God to give it more weight than the fallible words of men, while the latter are caving in and compromising their believes because they don't actually take what they claim are holy scriptures seriously.  If they're gonna do that, why not be consistent and throw out the 'holy scriptures' they don't really believe in, entirely?  Like, why would any one want to worship a God who used evolution (and wrote that He didn't) and who lost track of how old the earth is?

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Only for 40 days.

I just love fundie humor. Building a giant boat that should represent G'd's greatness (and his qualities as an engineer...) which in the end is just useless for it's originally intended purpose. 

Too funny. I am highly entertained. 

But the people commenting on the fb page are as entertaining - someone mentioned going to Spain as a missionary... because the gospel is not very present there... yeah. Just one of the most conservative and most religious countries in Europe (abortion is highly illegal).

22 minutes ago, rosastrohhut said:

I just love fundie humor. Building a giant boat that should represent G'd's greatness (and his qualities as an engineer...) which in the end is just useless for it's originally intended purpose. 

Too funny. I am highly entertained. 

But the people commenting on the fb page are as entertaining - someone mentioned going to Spain as a missionary... because the gospel is not very present there... yeah. Just one of the most conservative and most religious countries in Europe (abortion is highly illegal).

But Spain is CATHOLIC and therefore heathen.

Seriously............ what fresh hell is this?

Tell me they used power tools so I can snark on them not doing it properly like what it says in the bible.

Nutters. what a waste of wood.

2 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

Abortion is not illegal. Abortion is free until 14 weeks. Until week 22, only if the fetus or mother's health is at risk, and after week 22, abortion is only allowed if there's a disease that would make the fetus unable to survive. Spain is not that conservative at all, i don't know where did you get that idea from

My mom wants me to take my kids to this monstrosity. I am, to a fault, all about museums. But I don't know if I could handle this one, even as a Christian. 

I might just have to drag my kids to this. It's payback for their pissy attitude they had at Gettysburg. 

1 hour ago, CoveredInBees said:

Seriously............ what fresh hell is this?

Tell me they used power tools so I can snark on them not doing it properly like what it says in the bible.

Nutters. what a waste of wood.

I want Treebeard and the other Ents to find out about this and fuck shit up as revenge for so many trees being slaughtered for this pointless exercise.

5 hours ago, ALM7 said:

Okay, I'm shameless... [my Raptureversary contest MeMe]

15vy13.jpg

Hey hey we're the Monkeys

people say we monkey around

but we're too busy :output_eeMbjt:

to put anybody down

:giggle:

Archived