IGNORED

Many Ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses Have Received Texts from Loved Ones Ending Their Relationships Forever

lilwriter85

Oh, JWs. There is one group near us. They used to come to our door and chat with me (mostly me, my family had no interest in them) about life and religion. They used to come pretty regularly, but has not been seen for a while. I guess they figured my friendliness was more to do with curiosity than interest in converting. They left a pamphlet about sexual sins recently, though.

On 7/6/2016 at 9:33 AM, daisyd681 said:

We've had a couple of JWs come by over the last few years. They only knocked the first time. My pit bull mix is very vocal when strangers are at the door. I may have allowed him to strain at his collar a bit. :my_angel: They just stick their tracts in the door now.

You are my hero!! I have a similar story to share only the fur-baby in question in my story is a pug and weighs all of 8 lbs. (if that). 

I house-sit for friends every summer when their entire family stays in cottages.  If you know anything about Manitoba they head to West Hawk.  I digress.  One day last year while I was house sitting the door bell goes and Buzz (and her pug partner in crime Boomer) are literally losing their minds barking.  Now Buzzie and Boomer (even though they know they aren't supposed to) bark when anyone rings the doorbell but this was different.  They were almost losing their minds they were so upset.  I peak out through the window next to the door and I can tell.  An older woman (with the most pinched up expression I have ever seen) and a younger one.  Both holding bibles.  One also holding something else.  I open the door, my plan being to simply say "please go away" and Buzz is literally jumping at the pinched-up face woman and PUSHING her out of the doorway.   An 8 lb 0 oz fur-ball of love and she can't get this woman out of her house fast enough.  The younger one started to say something but the older one hushed her.  Literally hushed her.  And I said I can't talk, and I can't let the dogs get out.  So they leave.

I say to Buzz and Boomer you guys want a treat?  Boomer looks at me like I'm nuts.  He knows they aren't supposed to bark at the door.  He knows they just chased peopled away.  And they did and he's getting treats out of the deal?  SCORE!!!

The only other time I ran into one was waiting for the bus when, using my big girl words, this JERK comes up with this four-year-old in tow.  Little guy in a shirt and tie and carrying his little briefcase.  It was Saturday morning, he should have been watching cartoons or playing Tim-bits soccer (it was summer).  Jerk-dad says good morning and prompts the little guy who goes into his speech asking me if I'll take his papers.  I didn't want him to be beaten so I took it but as the kid has his head down I shot the jerk-dad a death-laser stare.

And I'm done with my rant LOL.

It's apparently more or less a law within JWs that you end relationships with anyone who leaves the cult. No exception even for family members. In a documentary I saw, two JWs tried to defend it by saying "it says so in the Bible! We didn't come up with it!" as to remove any guilt from themselves...  :smiley-signs131:  In reality it is of course a way to force people to stay within the cult, and not associate too much with us ungodly heathens (we might lead them astray... *gasp* ;) )

Many JWs and other religious people feel the pressure to put their god before anything or anyone. I grew up mainstream Christian (Lutheran/Protestant) and remember I was taught to love and obey God more than ANYONE, just like Abraham did. If you are not familiar with the story: God demands Abraham to sacrifice his (only) child Isac to God, just to prove he obeys God without questioning and puts Gods wants before his own. Abraham lies to Isac to get him to come along, says they are offering some animal. Instead he puts his son on the altar, ties him up and is just about to kill him with a knife when God 'comes to the rescue.' And Abraham is somehow seen as a good example! I always felt I could never do what he did, because, well, I put humans before any divine beings, and I would never kill my own child, but that made me feel like a bad Christian (which means a bad human in Jesus-world). *sigh* 

Archived