IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

Even with an in-family adoption how are they allowed to do that when thet covered up sexual abuse? This kid has probably never met his cousins (because no way they let his mother near their godliness) and now he's getting thrown into a dorm of eleventy kids.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Right? I thought a huge part of the foster system was about reuniting families. I have no idea what the mother's life is or if she's beyond hope of parenting someday, but I would hope the Duggars already explored that option if they are looking to be this child's permanent family. Hope his name begins with a J.

If it begins with a vowel, they could add the J. J'Andrew J'Eric, J'Evan, etc.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

If it begins with a vowel, they could add the J. J'Andrew J'Eric, J'Evan, etc.

LOL I was mostly joking but really thinking about it, can you imagine how different and out of place this child is going to feel? First, he's preceded by 19 religious robots of people, then it's all "My kids, Jinger, Johannah, Joyanna, Jana, Josie, Jennifer, Jill, and Thomas" or something. Guh, or even worse they rename him.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Even with an in-family adoption how are they allowed to do that when thet covered up sexual abuse? This kid has probably never met his cousins (because no way they let his mother near their godliness) and now he's getting thrown into a dorm of eleventy kids.

Was it technically "covered up" abuse though? We the public didn't know about it, but the police did right? And Josh went to "therapy" at the time (quote bc I'm sure it was Jesus rehab and not useful therapy), presumably sufficient enough to satisfy the courts? Am I making all of that up? I am hazy on those details.

I would hope that just having molestation issues, legally documented ones, in your immediate family would automatically exclude you from fostering, but it doesn't seem to have done that so far in this case. Kind of horrifying.

I think if the perpetrator is no longer in the house and they could guarantee the kid's safety it would be OK. Of course, they can't keep him safe from plumbing line, poor education or brainwashing.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think if the perpetrator is no longer in the house and they could guarantee the kid's safety it would be OK. Of course, they can't keep him safe from plumbing line, poor education or brainwashing.

I think the question isn't about whether the kid should be around Josh but rather why anyone would think Jim Bob and Michelle can make good judgements on a child's safety and well being given how they dealt with the Josh stuff. 

JB and M are shitty parents, with shitty practices beyond covering up Josh's BS and selling themselves to the media as righteous and above-it-all. Those 2 do not know the first thing, beyond conception, about raising independent, informed, educated, skilled and functioning citizens. Not the first thing. 

GD it, is this the child's only option? How about a second generation first cousin? There has to be a better suited family.

What the actual fuck? There were no other relatives who could have adopted that child? I just hope they don't fuck up that child like they did with their biological children. Any other family would be far better for that child's sake than the Duggars.

22 minutes ago, December said:

I think the question isn't about whether the kid should be around Josh but rather why anyone would think Jim Bob and Michelle can make good judgements on a child's safety and well being given how they dealt with the Josh stuff. 

^That. And it seems Josh doesn't currently live at the TTH, but that doesn't mean he never goes there. I don't think there's any indication he's been banned from family events or anything.

46 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Was it technically "covered up" abuse though? We the public didn't know about it, but the police did right? And Josh went to "therapy" at the time (quote bc I'm sure it was Jesus rehab and not useful therapy), presumably sufficient enough to satisfy the courts? Am I making all of that up? I am hazy on those details.

The police were only informed after it had been going on for months. The "therapy" wasn't even Jesus rehab, it basically consisted of Josh going to work construction for a family friend for awhile. And there was no court involved. JB&M could have faced prison time for what they did if the statute of limitations hadn't expired.

Did this topic really need to be merged with the larger thread? Granted, it's still kind of speculative, but I feel like the Duggars actually pursuing adoption is big fucking news. Like, borderline hell freezing over :pb_lol:

Just popped over, duggaDuggsvile hasn't felt like home in a bit, but holy fucking shit! Who let this happen? Did JB and Mooching me-chelle have to promise to keep him away from Josh? Will he laugh at the adult Duggar kids who are less educated than he is at 8? 

When he acts like a normal mischievous 8 year old boy will the plumbing line come out? Is blanket training harder when they're that old?

What about being a non sibling, will he feel left out? Or defrauded by any of the ladies?

and most of all, I agree that the only reason that they* aren't planning to put him on air is because legally they* can't. 

*tlc or the Duggars.

44 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Did this topic really need to be merged with the larger thread? Granted, it's still kind of speculative, but I feel like the Duggars actually pursuing adoption is big fucking news. Like, borderline hell freezing over :pb_lol:

I didn't merge the threads but I'd guess it's because multiple Duggar threads were discussing the same stuff around the adoption. 

A Duggar adoption would be much more shocking, I think, if it wasn't a kid from their own extended biological family. 

Imagine Jimchelle. We have 19 kids. I gave birth to every single one of them. O and we have one adopted. That kid is going to feel so out of place. Jim Bob will tell him he's different every chance he gets.

I gave birth to 19 out of 20- the one that didn't come from my womb is the one without the J'Name. You can not make this shite up.

30 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

Imagine Jimchelle. We have 19 kids. I gave birth to every single one of them. O and we have one adopted. That kid is going to feel so out of place. Jim Bob will tell him he's different every chance he gets.

Kid Farm becomes a reality. That's 17 20 kids in all (give or take), and I delivered every one of them with almost no exceptions!

Michelle: And I gave birth to all of them...except #20. He is the child of a drug addict/felon mother my great niece but God laid it on our hearts to take him in and provide him with a Pearl Training  a loving family, a TLC House a big home, siblings that have no interest in caring for another child loving siblings and all the healthy food tatertot casserole he can eat. Because I am in a new season of life menopause, JB and I JB decided we needed to save this child cuz Jesus and brand rehab so I would be fulfilled and can do my duty to God JB, my country and my family (because you know I can't do anything else. Actually, not even this.)

What about helping the homeless mom? If the Duggar's were true Christians wouldn't the right choice be to make sure the child is taken care of and also make sure the mother gets help, education, treatment , whatever it takes to get the child and mother to be able to be together in the future.

My husband and I have taken kids in as long term guardians over the year, some family and some not. As much as it hurt to let go , our goal was to reunite the child(ren) with their parents. We had one child for 4 years and a sibling group of 3 for almost 3 years and never wanted to petition for adoption even though we loved those kids so much. The parents got treatment, education and stability and have the kids back. We still see the kids but are happy the kids have their parents back and that we can be someone the kids can always come to for extra support.

It irks me with all the Duggar money that they don't just take the child in for a year and try and help the mom by giving her a free rental and getting her help. If this child is filmed or used for some gimmick like promos about Duggar #20, I'll be pissed. I'm surprised the Duggars could pass home studies with their 3 bedrooms and 15 kids. I cant believe Im saying this but even Jessa would be better, Ben would like being able to play football with the kid and the boy would get more attention.

I believe Pickles commented she thought they had tried to help her.  Someone said on her Facebook page there were pictures with the family, so evidently they had a relationship of some sort.  I wish this little guy well, he hasn't had an easy life.  

8 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

What about helping the homeless mom? If the Duggar's were true Christians wouldn't the right choice be to make sure the child is taken care of and also make sure the mother gets help, education, treatment , whatever it takes to get the child and mother to be able to be together in the future.

My husband and I have taken kids in as long term guardians over the year, some family and some not. As much as it hurt to let go , our goal was to reunite the child(ren) with their parents. We had one child for 4 years and a sibling group of 3 for almost 3 years and never wanted to petition for adoption even though we loved those kids so much. The parents got treatment, education and stability and have the kids back. We still see the kids but are happy the kids have their parents back and that we can be someone the kids can always come to for extra support.

It irks me with all the Duggar money that they don't just take the child in for a year and try and help the mom by giving her a free rental and getting her help. If this child is filmed or used for some gimmick like promos about Duggar #20, I'll be pissed. I'm surprised the Duggars could pass home studies with their 3 bedrooms and 15 kids. I cant believe Im saying this but even Jessa would be better, Ben would like being able to play football with the kid and the boy would get more attention.

I was thinking of Jill and Derick.

3 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Kid Farm becomes a reality. That's 17 20 kids in all (give or take), and I delivered every one of them with almost no exceptions!

I was just thinking this child was Batron. 

There aren't any pictures of the kid, right?

I was also thinking that considering the age of the JB&M, the Seewalds would be a better option. They have lots of time, space, a cute little brother for the boy and so on. And didn't they at some point consider adoption? I can't quite remember, but they may have mentioned it. #sarcasm mode off

It is hard to find healing if you are brought into a house with so much chaos. And difficult to bond with so many people at once.

I find it very disturbing that his mom's name, issues and picture are all over the internet. Doesn't she deserve her privacy, also for her son's sake?

And a single mum gets three years probation for stealing a pocket knife and $2 ????? Are those crimes saying  'I am a dangerous criminal, you need to take my kid before I stab him' or 'I want to feed my kid with a $2 can of soup and I need something to open the can with'?

I don't know, but I'd say this is not so much a crime as a cry for help.

The court papers posted on Pickles say the biological mom waived a home study. That answers how the Duggars are getting around a home study. There is no way there house/living situation would be approved (the 2 bedrooms and the ages of the kids rooming together). With no home study it is doubtful the Josh situation came up. So if the mom says Jim Bob and Michelle are okay and no one objects, that is it?

Mom only has supervised visitation?

ETA: makes me wonder if there is more to this story. And please tell me that the kidults are not going to be made to supervise the visits. Poor kids, raising their brothers and sisters and now possibly having to do legal supervision of a mom and her child. What more can these poor kids be made to do?

Now that I think about it, I would bet my bottom dollar that JB will be the one supervising. He will be smug, judgy and superior. He will tell her all the things she did wrong and she needs to find Jesus. He will hijack the visitations and make them all about him and Jesus and not let the mom have any bonding time with her son.

To be honest, I'm not really concerned about the whole Josh situation so much because he doesn't live on the compound anymore and there isn't legitimate proof he is a pedophile. I'm concerned about this boy's emotional and mental health. It sounds like he's been through a lot in his short life and I'm assuming it's traumatic to go from living with your mother, to your grandma and now a great aunt with a bazillon of kids. What happens if the boy starts to act out? Will they give him some beneficial therapy or just make him drink up the fundie Kool-aid? I think we all know the answer to that question. I wonder how JB&M would handle if the little boy doesn't get along with one of their biological children. Also, will Michelle take care of him or is this going to fall on Jana? 

Jessa and Ben should been the guardians since they want to adopt so bad. Granted, Jessa is pregnant now but they should really cool it on the adoption talk if the aren't going to act on it. 

I guess being J'kid #20 is better than being in the system. The boy's mother has pictures with her son and Duggars, so he did know his cousins/aunt&uncle prior to their guardianship. Let's face it, Jana/Joy will take care of J'kid and they seem like good sister moms so far. He will be well-fed and have a lot of kids to play with. I mean there's the whole fundamentalism thing but it is better than being in foster care most of the time. Hell, he might even have a falling out with them once he is older and write the highly anticipated  Duggar tell-all. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived