IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the F are they going to put this kid? There are already 9 boys in one room?  I really hope the court says NO!  For all the kids sake, these 2 don't take care of the 11 kids under 18 now, why give them another one?

I don't believe for a minute that they would keep a child off TV unless they had to for some reason. If they legally adopt him, that boy will be on television faster than Michelle can run from responsibility.

3 minutes ago, Kailash said:

That first article is sketchy. It says they've already adopted him, but later wonders if they'll get custody. What a mess of misinformation.

They seem to be click baiting. The way I understood from Pickles, they have a court date on 11/14 to get permanent custody. From there the natural next step would be adoption.

Not a licensed legal professional but, lay understanding is that;

Permanent custody= arrangements could change only via mutual agreement or a future custody case.

Adoption=Duggar would be official parents, both mom would have little or no legal rights depending on terms of adoption 

So weird. There aren't any other relatives willing to take this child??

I was looking at his mom's FB page (hasn't been updated in a year.) It makes me sad how unstable this child's life as probably been. And I don't think the Duggars will make it much better. But maybe there are no other options??

Was there really no other family, or did Arkansas Child Protective Services just have a collective brain fart and go "Hey, let's put this 8-year-old boy whose mother just lost custodial rights due to her current legal/financial situation in the care of two reality TV fame whores who sold their children's lives to the highest bidder while covering up sexual abuse, proudly advocating disciplinary methods that border on or actually are physical/emotional abuse, practicing major educational neglect, and continuing to exert extreme control over their adult children's lives! Capital fucking idea"?

It blows my mind that someone would consider giving custody of another kid to these people. Haven't they shown enough poor judgement already? That said, if this is true, hopefully the courts are just doing whatever's best for this little boy. 

Count me in as another skeptic that they'd actually keep him off the show once the guardianship is permanent, though. 

I for one am hoping that Michelle's gay older sister, Evelyn will contest this. Would love to see the Duggars be passed over so a boy could be raised by two loving moms.

Dreaming of the schadenfreude 

9 minutes ago, December said:

It blows my mind that someone would consider giving custody of another kid to these people. Haven't they shown enough poor judgement already? That said, if this is true, hopefully the courts are just doing whatever's best for this little boy. 

Count me in as another skeptic that they'd actually keep him off the show once the guardianship is permanent, though. 

Since the child is LEGALLY a ward of the state, he can't be on TV, unless the state says he can, that is the only reason he's not at this time. IF (and that is a BIG IF) the Dimwitts actually get custody of this boy then he will be on the cover of every magazine Boob can con. 

If the kid was in foster care they require a homestudy and background check. Even for kinship. But damn who wants their child to grow up duggar? Seriously. This reminds me of a girl adopted by her aunt and uncle on Gothard website. Poor kid tried to kill herself. Yet her aunt and uncle sent her away to JTTH 

For some reason this whole thing is making me think of Cousin Oliver from the last few seasons of the Brady Bunch, a cute young kid to up the ratings... It didn't work and I know the Duggars are not a sitcom but we know how much crap they have pulled for fame and fortune! 

How can they get a child in their home after Josh's scandal? Is it because he was never formally charged? 

I guess the Gothard "sins of the father" line doesn't matter anymore. Shame they won't be able to use the show name "20 Kids and Counting"...

I hope this will fall through and the child can go to a better home... Pipe dream I know....

It looks like the mother voluntarily gave up custody to Michelle's other sister Carolyn, and the Duggars only took him because Carolyn suffered a stroke.

Assuming the story is legit...I just don't know. You would think covering up child molestation with absolutely no remorse would preclude someone from adopting, but we're talking about an older child of a relative whose options are dwindling. There may not be anything else.

It sounds like the kid has probably had it pretty rough thus far in life. The Duggars are terribly unqualified to deal with a child like that, but would foster care be any better? Really not sure. Maybe a better candidate will step up. Please. PLEASE.

I'm reminded of the poster on TWOP who took in four of her nephews who had been raised ATI, and unsurprisingly, all the boys were extremely academically behind. Here, it's the opposite where a boy who lived a normal, albeit chaotic and dysfunctional, life is being dropped into Gothardism. Assuming he's of normal intelligence (and there's no reason to assume otherwise) he must be aware of how deficient the Wisdom books are compared to whatever was used in his previous schooling environment. My mind is blown,but it seems that whatever JB and Michelle want, JB and Michelle get, whether it's getting back on TV post Joshgates or getting custody of this child.

I know I'm a bit late with this one:  IRT the substitute teacher thing, if Ark was anything like North La years ago it's highly possible that she substituted with no "real" education beyond her K12.  My mom went to work for the public school system in 1982 and had nothing more than a high school diploma, she was hired on as a teacher's aide and substituted classes regularly.  She wasn't sent for formal training until years later when various laws changed in regard to hiring.  Even then, it was literally only a handful of hours at the local vo-tech for a stamp that basically said "you can help teach kids to read good".  

What the actual fuck! No....just no! That shouldn't happen. The poor child deserves better.

I hope it's not true.

I have no problems with them taking care of the boy when his mother is struggling. But they should all get the help they need with social workers involved etc. Hopefully the mom will get back on track and take responsibility of the child so they can be reunited as a family. 

So, I just happened to catch the opening segment of the View where they were discussing the newest Duggar addition.  They were offering various opinions, but clearly not terribly well informed about the family.

At first I thought, good, knowledge of Duggardom should not be taking up space in the minds of the general public.  Then, at the end of the segment, they said something about how the boy's Mother had some sort of substance abuse problem and therefore needed professional help rather than just being taken in to live with the Duggars WITH her son. Sharon remarked that surely with all of those kids etc, there must already be a professional in the family.  Yeah, right.  

It is interesting to me that the Duggars have clearly lost their squeaky clean image, it seems it's only about the molestation  (and the cover up.)  Now,  while that is plenty to vilify them with, the fact that their entire stultifying lifestyle with its piss poor education just sets them up for this type of abuse still isn't much looked at. Sharon was kind of joking about how many professionals they must have in the family.  I think none of the hosts had any idea just how ludicrous a statement it was. (I'm talking about real, degreed, educated professionals, not the self described fundie type )   

It is kind of gross that everybody has heard of the Duggar molestation thing, but way fewer are aware of the larger problem behind it.  I'm not meaning to minimize the damage Josh did, but the problem is larger than just him. Fundies in general are responsible for narrowing the minds and lives of way too many people. And getting away with it.

So now this poor kid will have to give up friends, school, batman, Spider-Man, maybe Star Wars books like my friend's 8 yr-old reads and pretty much anything normal kids his age do. Although I think it's likely better he be with the Duggars than in a foster home, I hope this will only be temporary and either his mom can get it together or another relative will step in. 

In this area of NY, at least, you can substitute teach if you are breathing and have no criminal record. The order for being called as a sub goes like this: 

Certified teacher, with masters degree

certified teacher, no masters

teacher, certification pending

bachelors degree

Associates degree

some college

high school graduate

GED

already in THAT classroom as an aide or other paraprofessinal

experience in a particular field ( works already with auto mechanics for auto shop sub)

I started subbing with an associates... Was long term sub as certified  teacher. All that said,, it appears that Michelle was a sub sunday school teacher.

I never swear on this forum, but SHIT NO.

They may have to send him to ebil public school depending on the laws in AR, at least until he's legally adopted.

Dear Lord, please no.

2 hours ago, faraway said:

I hope it's not true.

I have no problems with them taking care of the boy when his mother is struggling. But they should all get the help they need with social workers involved etc. Hopefully the mom will get back on track and take responsibility of the child so they can be reunited as a family. 

Right? I thought a huge part of the foster system was about reuniting families. I have no idea what the mother's life is or if she's beyond hope of parenting someday, but I would hope the Duggars already explored that option if they are looking to be this child's permanent family. Hope his name begins with a J.

I for one am hoping that Michelle's gay older sister, Evelyn will contest this. Would love to see the Duggars be passed over so a boy could be raised by two loving moms.

Michelle was the baby of that family by a pretty large spread right? She just turned 50, I bet her siblings are all 60 or so at least. If you've never been out of little kid mode (pretending that Michelle raised her kids for a minute here), an 8 year old at 50 isn't that big a deal. But if Evelyn doesn't have children and is 60+ that'd be a crazy time to become a mom to an 8 year old!!! Very sad that Carolyn had a stroke and can't care for the child. I hope that the mother is ok with the Duggars taking him, since she technically gave up custody to her own mother (who I presume is QUITE different from Michelle!!!).

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived