IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

Dear God,

I know we don't talk much and I don't really think you're real. And there's that awkward thing about you killing off all my friends and family with an asteroid that one time. Good times, amirite?

But if you are real... DON'T LET THIS FUCKING HAPPEN! They've fucked their own kids up enough already - DON'T LET THEM FUCK THIS POOR KID OVER TOO!!!!

Seriously. Just don't. 

You suck if you do.

Sincerely,

Your scaly Lord and Savior (because I make a terrible servant)

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given how JB and Michelle royally screwed up how they handled the molestations, how is this adoption being allowed to happen? They don't even do the day to day care of the gaggle of teens and tweens they already have. Maybe "character" really does override a good résumé.

I find it interesting that one of the Duggar's cousin is a teenager mother. Wouldn't be surprised if she was depicted to the D'girls as what happens if you hold hands with your betrothed ....

Honestly, I would be surprised if they had any difficulty adopting him as it's an interfamily adoption. The courts prefer that kids stay with their families. Look at it this way, people neglect and abuse their kids, have them taken away by child protective services and yet can still get them back if they appear to get it together. I am of mixed feelings about this. I would hate for any kid to grow up with the Duggar way of thinking and in that environment but the idea of a child in foster care scares me as well. It's just bad either way.  I just wonder why no one else in the family can take care of him now that the other relative is unable to. 

Well, at least at 8 years old he likely surpasses most of the Duggar kids in education. He might be ready to take over the reigns of teaching the other kids. I don't doubt he has had a hard life but he likely has still had more independence and positive exposure to the outside world than every other Duggar kid/adult. 

It will be interesting to see how an "outsider" (not raised Fundie) child adapts to his new environment. Wonder what his previous environment was like. Will he like the structure and attention or will he rebel because he has essentially raised himself up to this point. All questions in my mind...no judgment on his previous lifestyle since I have no clue how he was raised.

ETA Please don't let the Duggar adults or kids tell this child that he is lucky and should be grateful that they "saved" him from an evil situation and he owes them his unending gratitude and servitude for the rest of time.

29 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

It will be interesting to see how an "outsider" (not raised Fundie) child adapts to his new environment. Wonder what his previous environment was like. Will he like the structure and attention or will he rebel because he has essentially raised himself up to this point. All questions in my mind...no judgment on his previous lifestyle since I have no clue how he was raised.

ETA Please don't let the Duggar adults or kids tell this child that he is lucky and should be grateful that they "saved" him from an evil situation and he owes them his unending gratitude and servitude for the rest of time.

I totally agree with you, but the sad thing is, you know they will act as thought they "saved" him. Even if they don't say those words outright - though I can see this happening, with JB's lack of filter - they will be completely arrogant. I can't see them fully accepting an outsider from a teenage mother, even if he is family.

17 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Here you can sub without a college degree but you need at least a year or two of college.subs with bachelor's get paid more than those without degrees. You can also sub as a teaching assistant without a degree. You get paid even less. The highest paid subs are certified teachers.

I live in TN. You don't need ANY college to be a full substitute teacher here. You just need to be 18 or older and pass a background check. That's it. :( I have had some AMAZING teachers, but I had some substitute teachers that scarred me for life. A lot of moms, preachers' wives, young people, etc., just do it irregularly for extra cash on the side. 

If they are taking in this kid, he's going to freak the fuck out and rightly so. I'm sure he has never spent much time with this part of his family. Are you kidding? Michelle allowing a teen unwed mother into her blessed home? Doubtful. 

So he will be introduced to 25 people and will have to live with a majority of them not including the filming crew and all that entails. He will not get individualized attention that he needs now that his only parent is gone. He will have to share attention with children younger and also way older than he is. They will expect him to assimilate to this culture that is probably nothing like his home life and if he doesn't he will probably get punished for it. I'm assuming he went to public school. Will he still be able to go or will they make him homeschool?

If this just happened in August, they probably haven't edited and released the film yet, so that makes sense why he's not in the new season. I have my doubts if he will be shown. They might have Jim Bob and Michelle talk about how blessed they were to take in a boy who needed their help and show him once doing something normal like playing, but then let him stay in the background. If TLC does any talking heads with him about his mom and his life with her that will be crossing such a huge line I will call and bitch to every TLC number I can get my hands on. 

He has to go through a monumental change and is only 8 and probably in the 3rd grade. He doesn't need to be on TV and have his privacy stripped for the Duggar Gravy Train(wreck).

I don't know much about adoption or foster rules but don't they typically require that the child have their own room? How will the Duggar's work that one out?

A family foster/adoption isn't subject to many of the rules for an unrelated foster/adoption. We took our granddaughters as fosters, and there was virtually no legal oversight. There was a conversation with a social worker before I went and got the children and then one conversation before we went to court for legal guardianship. Other than that...nothing. 

However, I didn't have a houseful of kids, the girls had their own room and we weren't religious idiots. 

YIKES!  So they were given temporary custody of Michelle Great Nephew, there is NO ONE else in the family? Anyone normal to take this poor kid? This is all Jana needs a another kid to care for. 

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I doubt they'd actually keep him off the air if it's true

Lots of laws regarding privacy of foster kids. Since he's from Illinois and living in Arkansas they may also have to navigate two sets of state laws. 

Could very well be they have to adopt or be permanent guardians in order to put him on air.

5 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I just saw this on Facebook and I can't believe it. Something doesn't seem right...

Of course something doesn't seem right -- it's the Duggars!  

However, it sounds like this 8 year old is family, and his mom isn't in a great place.  I hate the thought of the Duggars adopting, but at least the kid is already known to them (I hope, at least.  MEchelle has never seemed very close with her family, but they must know him a little), speaks their language, and is only learning about one new culture (the Gothard cult climate, not that PLUS US-American culture).  

Damn.  Now I'm actually contemplating a situation where JB and M adopt and it sort of seems okay -- or at least significantly less horrific than other scenarios I've envisioned.  ETA: Still not okay with Gothard, or their horrible homeschooling, or their isolation...but they're also family with a roof over their heads and food in their cupboards. 

Guess I've finally fallen into the Twilight Zone. 

40 minutes ago, Londish said:

I totally agree with you, but the sad thing is, you know they will act as thought they "saved" him. Even if they don't say those words outright - though I can see this happening, with JB's lack of filter - they will be completely arrogant. I can't see them fully accepting an outsider from a teenage mother, even if he is family.

You know those peole who always refer to the family dog as their "rescue," instead of just saying it's their dog? 

Yeah. That.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived