IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

I'm afraid I can't comment without swearing.

Nope. any sentence I start begins with a really bad word. This may take me a while.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is skipping a home study allowed? Just because the Duggars are related to this child doesn't make their home fit for him, especially given their religious and educational philosophies.

Has his education been addressed by the court?  Please please please tell me they are not allowed to isolate him via their version of homeschooling.  The mere thought of them being forced to send a kid to a real school makes me giddy...

5 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

Has his education been addressed by the court?  Please please please tell me they are not allowed to isolate him via their version of homeschooling.  The mere thought of them being forced to send a kid to a real school makes me giddy...

I don't see JB and Michelle being interested in gaining custody if they can't Gothardize the child in question. If there's not going to be a home study or any substantive investigation of the Duggar home, there's nothing to stop them from enrolling J'anonymous in ATI

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't see JB and Michelle being interested in gaining custody if they can't Gothardize the child in question. If there's not going to be a home study or any substantive investigation of the Duggar home, there's nothing to stop them from enrolling J'anonymous in ATI

This is my fear too. Poor kid i hope ho could find a way to survive in that family. 

Re: supervised visitation: In my state, this occurs at a neutral place. Not the kid's foster home; not the parent's home. When we had a foster DD, she had supervised visit with her birth mother at the office of Child Welfare. They were together in a room with toys and a big one way mirror. The social worker sat behind the mirror.

And Mr. Four and I had two private (infant) adoptions, but they still required home studies. They weren't family adoptions, though. Perhaps that makes a difference.

The minimum age for ALERT is like 11, right? I can totally see the Duggars wanting to send him off immediately for "camp" to reprogram him but he might still be too young. Yay?

47 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

The minimum age for ALERT is like 11, right? I can totally see the Duggars wanting to send him off immediately for "camp" to reprogram him but he might still be too young. Yay?

Alert proper is older than that. You're thinking Alert cadet.

What the actual fuck? There were no other relatives who could have adopted that child? I just hope they don't fuck up that child like they did with their biological children. Any other family would be far better for that child's sake than the Duggars.

A stray mama cat would be a better parent than JB and Michelle. You just know the brainwashing has already begun.

I have this strong feeling this boy will be passed off and adopted by Jill and Derrick. They may think o taking this (hypothetically, speculatively) traumatized child back to the mission fields thinking it would be good for him. I know so little about his situation. The Seewalds are not old enough really....But it isn't like JBoob would move them to a bigger house with another bedroom. This might be the best of the bad situation. Josie has been the centre of attention since birth really with the exception of Jubilee, briefly. As an adopted child myself I know how difficult it can be and I was one of those super desirable 6 day old blond haired blue eyed babies who's mother was a university student at the time so.....really different, however, I have found no matter the original situation it is a challenge for the parents and really the child to understand. On a possible positive note this could help him realize he is powerless over his mother's addition and not take on fear, anger, hatred ..... I just wish it wasn't the Duggar's Bible believing doctrine doing it...that could end up just as harmful as him staying with his mother. I really don't like this situation but I feel that someone in the Duggar Clan will get @ the very least permanent custody. I am saddened by this whole situation and my heart bleeds for this little boy being moved like a pawn on  chessboard. :SNIF:   

The only thing comforting about this situation is that since June (per the court documents), this child at least has had a roof over his head, has been clothed and fed every day. I have worked with abused children for the last 5 years and it is absolutely heart wrenching what some of these children go through. I have only briefly looked at the documents posted online, so I'm not sure what the child's biological mother was/is truly like. But I am hoping he is in a more stable environment.

That being said, it is unfortunate that another relative in the family couldn't have taken him. Wasn't Michelle like 1 of 7 kiddos (or something close to that)? I guess it's hard to judge, who knows what her siblings are able to do right now, but given what the Duggars have been proven to cover up in their past, this seems like a bad decision for the long term for this poor child. Hopefully he is being well loved and given the support/help he needs in what I am sure has been quite the traumatic situation.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived