IGNORED

Candy: Hollow Earth is Real

Florita

7 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Nope.  I loved that reference.  Don't know where you live, but if we were close enough neighbors, I'd take a day or two off from work to meet up with you and discuss Lost. I was so hooked on that show!

I have the DVD box set. We could meet halfway possibly in an RV park and have a LOST marathon!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2016 at 5:40 PM, Florita said:

Candy at her crazy best!  http://eyes2jesus.blogspot.com/

Screenshot (1).jpg

I seriously thought this was going somewhere else entirely.

When I was a teeny little polekitten, my parents attended a batshit IFB church (well, all of the ones they attended were varying degrees of batshit, but ... ) that taught that the earth was hollow because that's where hell was. So when people died and went to hell, they'd go INSIDE the earth. And when volcanos would erupt, it was because (ugh) hell was too full and making room for more people.

Can you say nightmares?

I wonder how delightful Candy is in real life. D'ya think she's one of those people who just rants and raves endlessly, or do you think she hides her brand of weird really well? 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I seriously thought this was going somewhere else entirely.

When I was a teeny little polekitten, my parents attended a batshit IFB church (well, all of the ones they attended were varying degrees of batshit, but ... ) that taught that the earth was hollow because that's where hell was. So when people died and went to hell, they'd go INSIDE the earth. And when volcanos would erupt, it was because (ugh) hell was too full and making room for more people.

Can you say nightmares?

I wonder how delightful Candy is in real life. D'ya think she's one of those people who just rants and raves endlessly, or do you think she hides her brand of weird really well? 

Candy is a fundie oddity. She is not like the Duggars or Bateses or most of the other families covered on FJ. They are mainstream compared to Candy. She's a fundie conspiracy nut and those types are usually way too paranoid to stay on the internet very long. The only other blog I know of that comes close is The Anna Matrix - Anna might be crazier.

I think Candy lets her freak flag fly to anyone within hearing range.

6 hours ago, polecat said:

That's quiet possibly the most out-there "scientific" conspiracy theory I've ever read. Is this common among IFB or just one small group? 

This Candy stuff is wild...  so different from most of the other blogs discussed here.

27 minutes ago, December said:

That's quiet possibly the most out-there "scientific" conspiracy theory I've ever read. Is this common among IFB or just one small group? 

This Candy stuff is wild...  so different from most of the other blogs discussed here.

Well, funny you should ask ... that was NOT the only church that believed that hell was in the center of the earth (although I do think it was the only one wacky enough to have the lava theory). But the "center of the earth hell" thing is pretty common. 

http://www.libertygospeltracts.com/question/prequest/hellerth.htm

On 7/2/2016 at 4:05 PM, anniebgood said:

And she homeschools her kids. Unless they live with her the rest of their lives (which they might) the real world is going to be cruel. :content:

Now you know very well that Candy is a genius who was too smart to finish high school and had to homeschool herself around her busy modeling career. Why on earth should she not pass all that goodness along to her kids!?

27 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Now you know very well that Candy is a genius who was too smart to finish high school and had to homeschool herself around her busy modeling career. Why on earth should she not pass all that goodness along to her kids!?

Now that you mention it, her spawn must be so smart they hardly need any homeschooling at all.

@polecat As a kid I thought hell was in the earth too. Heaven was up and hell was down but I think I got that idea from Tom and Jerry.

8 hours ago, polecat said:

Well, funny you should ask ... that was NOT the only church that believed that hell was in the center of the earth (although I do think it was the only one wacky enough to have the lava theory). But the "center of the earth hell" thing is pretty common. 

On one of John Bloom(Joe Bob Briggs)'s Godstuff videos, W.V. Grant claimed that scientists drilled nine miles into the earth's core, dropped down a high-frequency microphone, and heard the voices of millions of screaming souls.

8 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Now that you mention it, her spawn must be so smart they hardly need any homeschooling at all.

@polecat As a kid I thought hell was in the earth too. Heaven was up and hell was down but I think I got that idea from Tom and Jerry.

I'm actually laughing out loud at Tom and Jerry (and trying to muffle it because my kids aren't awake just yet)!

(Maybe that's where the fundies got their ideas, too!)

" She's a fundie conspiracy nut and those types are usually way too paranoid to stay on the internet very long. The only other blog I know of that comes close is The Anna Matrix - Anna might be crazier."

I had forgotten about Anna. I don't know if she was crazier, but she was much angrier---Candy is a very perky conspiracy nut.

5 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

" She's a fundie conspiracy nut and those types are usually way too paranoid to stay on the internet very long. The only other blog I know of that comes close is The Anna Matrix - Anna might be crazier."

I had forgotten about Anna. I don't know if she was crazier, but she was much angrier---Candy is a very perky conspiracy nut.

I think Candy is just as angry as crazy Anna. She just has an image to maintain because one can't be god's perfectly chosen christian if their anger, flaws, etc. show. She has to be the happiest person on the planet because, otherwise, she couldn't claim that she is living the best life by god's standards. She manages to take the most mundane things and turn them into special gifts from her god for her greatness. That is an impossible image to live up to if you ever, even for a second, say something less than how happy you are in your perfect life. 

She uses the Internet for attention and accolades. She gets her worth from it and she cannot do that if she isn't 'worthy' of it. 

In reality, I think she is a miserable, angry woman who is living the consequences of her actions with a crazy husband who spends the grocery money on car stuff and moves them twice a year. 

Wow. 

Years I've lurked here without so much as posting a word. And now I find myself making my first post, not because I have anything to say, but because that site leaves me speechless. It seriously hurts my adhd brain. So many colors! So many fonts! So many links! Where to start??? 

Honestly, though, I think Candy is the fundie I was destined to find. Terrible web design choices? Gardening? Planners? Conspiracy theories?? I'm officially in!

I'm going to seriously date myself here, but every time I see this thread, I think of that episode of the original Star Trek called 'For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky.'

I'll just move along now. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I think Candy is just as angry as crazy Anna. She just has an image to maintain because one can't be god's perfectly chosen christian if their anger, flaws, etc. show. She has to be the happiest person on the planet because, otherwise, she couldn't claim that she is living the best life by god's standards. She manages to take the most mundane things and turn them into special gifts from her god for her greatness. That is an impossible image to live up to if you ever, even for a second, say something less than how happy you are in your perfect life. 

She uses the Internet for attention and accolades. She gets her worth from it and she cannot do that if she isn't 'worthy' of it. 

In reality, I think she is a miserable, angry woman who is living the consequences of her actions with a crazy husband who spends the grocery money on car stuff and moves them twice a year. 

You may be right. I'll rephrase: Candy is not as openly hostile as Anna. :my_wink:

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

I'm going to seriously date myself here, but every time I see this thread, I think of that episode of the original Star Trek called 'For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky.'

I'll just move along now. :pb_lol:

Not up to date on all of the Star Trek episode names, but that's awesome just the same.

LLAP.  ;) 

I just noticed that the DVD of Journey to the Center of the Earth is on sale at the TCM shop for $8.25.

On 4/07/2016 at 6:10 AM, polecat said:

Oh that even contradicts itself... 

The interior of the earth fits the description of hell, because it is HOT there.  Luke 16:22-24 says, "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

The interior of the earth fits the description of hell, because it is DARK there.  Jude 12, 13 says, "These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;  Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved THE BLACKNESS OF DARKNESS FOR EVER."

Okay but if  hell the blackness of darkness for ever, then it's strange that the rich man managed to see something from afar.   s

I'd be leery of any Christian claiming to definitively have it all figured out.  Where's the "faith" in that?

The way I see it, God is all-knowing and all-powerful and all-present.  He reveals to us however much He thinks we need to know.  We might not like it, but think about it.  If we had, for example, the ability to see into the future, how many of us would even WANT to move forward with our lives?  I think most of us would be very scared to see what lies ahead and can only handle a day or two at a time.  YMMV.

So, anyone claiming to know that heaven is up in the sky and hell is in the center of the earth is merely speaking out of the center of his/her....well...nevermind.

I hung out with someone who seemed pretty level-headed.  For the first couple of years of our friendship, she would tell me about how much she enjoyed taking some classes and that her teacher was the best.  Other than revealing the fact she was taking courses, she was pretty close-mouthed, and I assumed she was enrolled at a community college.  Later she slipped and it turned out her instructor was Ramtha* (she lovingly called him "Ram"), and once that was out, hoo boy, here came the conspiracy theories.  Our friendship continued, though I had to establish some pretty firm boundaries that I didn't want to hear about her school in great detail.  We have since parted ways, just due to life circumstance.

Fast forward a few years to today.  I've peeked at her Facebook, and she is still promoting her theories and school.  The following describes her personality (she could be Candy's mother!):

17 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Candy is a very perky conspiracy nut.

*You'd have to look this fella up for accurate details, but he is an ancient warrior (perished in Atlantis, IIRC), who periodically inhabits the body of JZ Knight and runs a school in Washington state.   I think the school started during the pyramid-power days. 

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I'd be leery of any Christian claiming to definitively have it all figured out.  Where's the "faith" in that?

The way I see it, God is all-knowing and all-powerful and all-present.  He reveals to us however much He thinks we need to know.  We might not like it, but think about it.  If we had, for example, the ability to see into the future, how many of us would even WANT to move forward with our lives?  I think most of us would be very scared to see what lies ahead and can only handle a day or two at a time.  YMMV.

So, anyone claiming to know that heaven is up in the sky and hell is in the center of the earth is merely speaking out of the center of his/her....well...nevermind.

bbm - Yup. 

The last fundy pastor I had was the one with probably the most logical stance on hell I'd ever heard from a fundy pastor. His theory was that yes, there was a literal hell, but it wasn't necessarily what we all thought it was but rather an absence of God. That once God and His grace were truly absent from our lives, we would be desolate. (not necessarily physically tormented but just ... lost? for lack of a better word). 

idk. I'm still a Christian, but the idea of hell is something I really struggle with. And oddly enough, I would find it easier to believe the Pharisee-types (PP or Lorken) are more likely to go to whatever hell there is than those who simply don't believe because those are the people who do real damage to other people, and they do it in the name of God. Hell seems so vengeful, though, and while I can see God wanting justice, I'm wavering on the whole revenge thing. It seems to go against everything Jesus taught. Mostly just thinking out loud here ... 

On 7/5/2016 at 8:06 AM, CTRLZero said:

*You'd have to look this fella up for accurate details, but he is an ancient warrior (perished in Atlantis, IIRC), who periodically inhabits the body of JZ Knight and runs a school in Washington state.   I think the school started during the pyramid-power days. 

Ramtha's School of Enlightenment! Down in Yelm. Oh, geeze, I hadn't thought about that particular Center for the Study of WooWoo in years.

On July 1, 2016 at 9:26 AM, turquoise said:

Maybe Candy has been reading about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Well_to_Hell_hoax

I know that is NOT a hoax because my pastor talked about it in a sermon and he would never spread a story without thoroughly vetting it.  (Neither would he use a anecdote he heard from another pastor and pass it off as something that happened to him!)

I just read a novel by Lee Child about a drilling expedition to reach the Mohorovičić (I googled it) discontinuity disrupted by strange events.  I'm guessing that's where the American Mohoe project mentioned above got its name.  (The discontinuity, not the book.)

It was a decent book. 

For any child who is taught that hell is underground and heaven is in the sky, the thought of a loved one being buried must be incredibly traumatic for that child.

Reminds menof the old joke:

Several children found a dead robin. Feeling that a proper burial should be performed, they secured a small box and some cotton batting, dug a hole in the back yard, and made ready to dispose of the deceased. The minister's 5-year-old son was chosen to say the prayer. And so with great dignity, he intoned, "Glory be to the Father...and unto the Son...and into the hole he goes."

Candy, July 11, 2016: Fallen angels built pyramids on the moon, Mars and other planets and created demons using human DNA to colonize those planets. Obviously from Genesis 6.

Screenshot (7).jpg

Archived