IGNORED

Candy: Hollow Earth is Real

Florita

Do I need read Basic Instructions for Leaving Earth to understand Hollow Earth?  I've read the Bible a few times, mind you it was the ebil Catholic version & not the Holy King James, but I don't ever remember references to Hollow Earth.  Candy is a conglomeration of the Bible and Sci-Fi channel...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Candy, Mammoth Cave has about 400 miles of surveyed and mapped passages, so it's 400 miles LONG, not 400 miles deep.  Being a retired caver this is of interest, so I spent some time with the google. Feel free to correct or comment, as appropriate. 

The world's deepest cave, Krubera Cave in the western Caucasus Mountains of Georgia (Russia!), is a bit over 7,000 feet deep.  The entrance is at an elevation of 7,400' feet (2,256 m) above sea level.  It does not extend over 7,000 below sea level. 

However, potential for the world's deepest cave is in Mexico.  Again, the potential for "depth" is all above sea level.  If you're interested in the search for deepest cave: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22830515-100-the-hunt-is-on-for-the-worlds-deepest-cave-in-mexico/

Current exploration in Mexico: http://www.peshcaving.org/current-projects/

Now we're gonna read about what's "down there".  Underwater in the Mariana Trench/Challenger Deep: 

In 2010 the United States Center for Coastal & Ocean Mapping measured the depth of the Challenger Deep at 10,994 meters (36,070 feet) below sea level with an estimated vertical accuracy of ± 40 meters.

Starting in the 1970s, the Russians drilled the Kola Superdeep Borehole to a depth of 39,000 ft. (below sea level, as far as a I can tell), and then drilled another hole  to a depth of 40,230 ft (7.6 mi).    

The temperature at this depth was predicted to be 100°C (212°F).  Instead, they found temperatures reaching 180°C (356°F). The drilling project was ended due to the higher-than-expected temperatures.  The material being drilled out of the hole reportedly had a plastic-like consistency, and came out of the hole “boiling” with hydrogen.

And there's more!  This may set Candy's head spinning. Fossils! Heat! Water! Billions of years! 

The Soviet drilling project revealed just how little we know about our own planet.  The temperature at this depth was predicted to be 100°C (212°F).  Instead, they found temperatures reaching 180°C (356°F). The drilling project was ended due to the higher-than-expected temperatures.  The material being drilled out of the hole reportedly had a plastic-like consistency, and came out of the hole “boiling” with hydrogen.  If the project was to continue to its original goal of 15,000 meters, it would have encountered temperatures of approximately 300°C (570°F) where the equipment would be inoperable.

It had been assumed that the earth’s crust increased in density with depth.  The hole instead revealed highly-fractured rock that was saturated with water.  Until then it was assumed that water could not be found underneath the impermeable layers of rock.  Researchers believe that the extreme temperatures and pressures at this depth caused atoms of oxygen and hydrogen to decouple from surrounding minerals and form into water.  Apparently, it is possible to squeeze water from a stone.

Perhaps one of the most important findings from the project was the discovery of 24 species of microscopic single-cell plankton fossils.  The plankton, normally encased in limestone or silica, were instead found in organic compounds.  Even more surprising was how, despite the extreme temperatures and pressure, the fossils had remained intact for 2.7 billion years.

Full text here: "Shaking Hands with the Devil" 

http://eaglefordtexas.com/news/id/77701/shaking-hands-devil-deepest-hole-ever-drilled/

Shaking hands with the devil?

The Soviet drilling project revealed just how little we know about our own planet.  The temperature at this depth was predicted to be 100°C (212°F).  Instead, they found temperatures reaching 180°C (356°F). The drilling project was ended due to the higher-than-expected temperatures.  The material being drilled out of the hole reportedly had a plastic-like consistency, and came out of the hole “boiling” with hydrogen.  If the project was to continue to its original goal of 15,000 meters, it would have encountered temperatures of approximately 300°C (570°F) where the equipment would be inoperable.

It certainly sounds more like hell than an amazing paradise to me but perhaps Candy has a different definition of a paradise than I do

I know nothing about Candy yet (& I'm sure I'll fall down the rabbit hole shortly), but for a split-second I thought this was titled "Middle Earth is Real".

I'd be ok with that. 

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

Starting in the 1970s, the Russians drilled the Kola Superdeep Borehole to a depth of 39,000 ft. (below sea level, as far as a I can tell), and then drilled another hole  to a depth of 40,230 ft (7.6 mi).    

The temperature at this depth was predicted to be 100°C (212°F).  Instead, they found temperatures reaching 180°C (356°F). The drilling project was ended due to the higher-than-expected temperatures.  The material being drilled out of the hole reportedly had a plastic-like consistency, and came out of the hole “boiling” with hydrogen.

She makes it sound like they stopped because they ran into water. Really, the water was unexpected, but they stopped because higher than expected temps made it hard to continue and they ran out of money. I'm not really sure how they justified the expense in the first place, but it's really very mundane.

7 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

She makes it sound like they stopped because they ran into water. Really, the water was unexpected, but they stopped because higher than expected temps made it hard to continue and they ran out of money. I'm not really sure how they justified the expense in the first place, but it's really very mundane.

I think it was the same motivation as the space race. The United States started a drilling project called the Mohole a few years earlier. The plan was to get down to the break between the crust and the mantle.

The things you learn on FJ...I  followed Howl's links and started googling. I've been reading about various caves and deep drilling projects for the last 20 minutes. Interesting stuff!

Well, als evidenced by the documentary linked above, it's an historic fact that the Hollow Earth does exist. The entrance is in Antarctica / Neuschwabenland. If you hop in around 2:00 you get a Nazi riding on a T.rex thrown in, too!

@turquoise,  I remember reading about Mohole in the Weekly Reader back when I was in elementary school.  The researchers wanted to get down to the Mohorovicic discontinuity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohorovičić_discontinuity

The inner core of the Earth is made of delicious white cake in my Nerdy Nummies cookbook.  Much tastier than Nickel/Iron!

@AmazonGrace,  you win the interwebz!

That goofy "hole to Hell" hoax reminds me of Mel's Hole... Pretty much THE most infamous of Art Bell's interviews back in 2002. This guy named "Mel" described, live on radio, a hole that brought a dead dog back to life... How he had tied a fishing weight to like 15 miles of line and kept lowering it into the hole.

He said that local residents were all aware of the hole and had used it for trash disposal for years, even dropping junk refrigerators into it. LOL

He did a follow-up interview in which, allegedly, the FBI had taken over his house, was probing the hole, etc.

Ludicrously wonderful absurdity of paranormal radio.

You can read about it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel%27s_Hole

There is a hole on a remote island that the Dharma project disvoverd had a wheel chamber proving the early ancient inhabitants of the island discoverd and harnessed the power within it. The Dharma Initiative built a station called The Orchid over it.

The island had strange powers and caused  Oceanic flight 815 to crash and the survivors lived on this island that had smoke monsters among other things. 

.      I am rambling away here.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Just perused Candy's website. Oy vey, my eyes are burning (I hope it's not just from the need of new glasses).

Surprised that there aren't any smarmy family pictures; or if there are, I wasn't willing to go digging.

Honestly, sometimes I think it would be a whole lot easier if we just gave up and embraced the crazy. 

Le sigh…

I think that Sasquatch hit Candy in the head with one too many rocks.  

7 hours ago, SrMaryEloquentia said:

Well, als evidenced by the documentary linked above, it's an historic fact that the Hollow Earth does exist. The entrance is in Antarctica / Neuschwabenland. If you hop in around 2:00 you get a Nazi riding on a T.rex thrown in, too!

Weird coincidence: I was very recently watching a video in which someone incidently discussed the original Iron Sky.  I'd forgotten they were doing a sequel.  Should be fun.

Edit:

Actually, monsters live in the underground, trapped by a magical barrier... no wait, that's Undertale.

20 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

I can only imagine what  "textbook" she's referencing for her vision of what is supposed to be inside the earth. 

I'm  also guessing that her video on hollow earth is her expounding on her theories rather than a cell phone video of her trying to get to Narnia through a bedroom closet or something ( although both would be entertaining in their own way). I'll have to watch it when my husband isn't around to laugh at me. :pb_razz:

Possibly Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth. The book is superior to the movie, I think.

5 minutes ago, refugee said:

Possibly Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth. The book is superior to the movie, I think.

Both movies can't hold a candle to the book, though the sight of Pat Boone being shot through the volcano and landing in a field of sheep was funny. 

Well, Candy must be right, because Byrd.  Plus, the simplest explanation must be right and the simplest explanation for the Northern Lights is an inner sun (as long as you don't think about how that would work...).

I would have tried to spend my vacation in this inner earth, but then I found out about Hitler and the Nazis being there.  Plus, it turns out we may actually be in the inner earth, and the outer earth sounds like a death trap...

I've gone way too far down this rabbit hole.  Gotta quit now, or I'll need the rescue ferrets.

1 hour ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

ROFL@Grimalkin... That LOST reference just killed me. Thank you for that.

I was a bit worried nobody would get it and just think I was as crazy as Candy!

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I got it and I've never actually seen Lost.

13 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Nope.  I loved that reference.  Don't know where you live, but if we were close enough neighbors, I'd take a day or two off from work to meet up with you and discuss Lost. I was so hooked on that show!

Okay I'm watching the video and she says "I believe this is one of the pictures from Wikipedia" okay it seems like you could remember which pictures you got from where since you have a grand total of three. 

I really just want to be like "oh sweetie that's not how that works. That's not how any of this works." She is very earnest in her beliefs though. Her website hurts my eyes though. 

And she homeschools her kids. Unless they live with her the rest of their lives (which they might) the real world is going to be cruel. :content:

Archived