IGNORED

Candy: Hollow Earth is Real

Florita

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Candy.....Turn the channel and stop watching Ancient Aliens. I think Pit Bulls and Parolees is a better choice for you.

3 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

What.The.Fuck.

You have to be kidding me. How fucking stupid can someone be?

I'm pretty sure fundies, especially Candy, take this as a challenge.

No it isn't hollow, your head on the other hand is an entirely different matter.

So, the earth is hollow. Like a balloon. Or like a paper mache sphere.  Or like a cheap, Easter chocolate treat? And maybe the earth is really an alien's treat? Perhaps the alien lost us and the alien is searching for us and when it does, the alien eats us. This needs to be made into a cartoon. 

And I took a quick peek into this blog and it's like finding a treasure! A treasure trove of crazy. My fav quote so far : 

Immerse yourself in the Bible. The Bible is God's love letter to you. It is also your Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. 

Scroll down to the bottom of her post for this quote.

God, how I'd love to see a debate between Candy and flat-earther Jen Fishburne. They'd make Donald Trump and Ted Cruz look like William F. Buckley and Gore Vidal. 

She cites WIKI-fucking-PEDIA as a source in her video about Hollow Earth! Bahahahaha!

I can only imagine what  "textbook" she's referencing for her vision of what is supposed to be inside the earth. 

I'm  also guessing that her video on hollow earth is her expounding on her theories rather than a cell phone video of her trying to get to Narnia through a bedroom closet or something ( although both would be entertaining in their own way). I'll have to watch it when my husband isn't around to laugh at me. :pb_razz:

Okay... I must go on record as loving the idea of a hollow earth.

The IDEA.

I mean, there is an old D&D campaign world based on the notion... Ancient civilizations and forests all inside a hollow earth.

Just a terrific, Jules Vern-esque idea, you know?

But to actually endorse the notion as real?! Need to stop snacking in those wild shrooms. O_o

Also... Most of what she says is rather factually true. The Mammoth Cave system has some 400 miles of mapped caverns, and it is indeed known that more can be explored and mapped. I learned all about this after becoming really interested in the old "Colossal Cave Adventure" adventure game of the 70s (it was inspired from those caves).

And now the Bible teaches hollow earth ideas? Gawd... Where'd THAT idea come from?!

With stuff like this, lizard people, flat earth, égocentrisme,  etc. I always have a hard time believing that people actually believe the nonsense they spew. I think some of the conspiracy nuts do it just to troll, and some are genuinely mentally ill, but it's difficult to accept that there are otherwise sane people who buy into those theories. People never fail to amaze me, though.

Oh, no, people legit believe in that stuff. And mental illness doesn't play as big a part as you'd think.

There have been studies that show perfectly intelligent, normal people will believe in conspiracy ideas. It's really fascinating stuff...

This makes perfect sense.  Where else did the lizard people come from, and where would they go on vacation?  This is hilarious, and it made my partner roll his eyes and sigh which always amuses me. 

Hollow Earth is real... in the sci-fi TV show Sanctuary which starred Amanda Tapping.

Pfft...everyone knows that the earth has a soft, chewy nougat center.

5 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

And now the Bible teaches hollow earth ideas? Gawd... Where'd THAT idea come from?!

Mostly from passages that mention 'under the earth.' And the  there's that bit in Genesis  (The story of Noah) that mentions that the flood water wells up from inside the earth.  I had a geography teacher who believed something similar (Fundy school-thank God my parents subscribed to National Geographic.)

Oh, I get it now, thanks. Geez, even my own fundie past isn't enough to help me see the hollow earth in the bible. LOL

I mean, seriously, what an obscure idea!

Hollow earth is a reallllly old conspiracy theory also... Like so old I never even hear about it. There have been books written about it. Ancient city called Shambhala down inside and other ideas.

Ostensibly it is where UFOs come from, and there is a passage leading into it inside the great pyramid of Giza.

9a95c8b875bc44f520f837282ebe3e02.jpg

New theory: The dragon in Job 41 (Christians frequently insist it was a dinosaur, but it breathed fire!) must be from inside the hollow earth! And those UFOs from Ezekiel are from inside as well!

Archived