IGNORED

Recent Ian and Larissa video

lilwriter85

Ian and Larissa recently spoke at some kind of church conference. The video is over 30 minutes and features the video of when they were a part of the OWN Belief documentary series. Larissa apologizes in advance that Ian has no filter and may say inappropriate things. The woman moderating/interviewing them asks them questions which Larissa mostly answers and Ian was asked about his favorite scripture to which he replied about Psalms. While I feel sorry for Larissa, I still suspect some of the stories she tells are made up or embellished. She does mention Internet comments and that she now avoids googling their names.

I always feel sad for Larissa. At the very end, she says she always knew her life would be affected by a car accident. Wow. That's, um, interesting. Thanks for posting this video. It amazes me how Larissa can understand Ian. 

I wonder how much of Ian is trapped by that injury and how much is projection by his family and wife. I'm impressed that Ian has a full time care giver and Larissa has a full time job. Being someone's primary caregiver can break a person. How they are paying for it is puzzling to me. Does the government pay for full time in home care? Google Fu, don't fail me now!

17 minutes ago, Khan said:

I wonder how much of Ian is trapped by that injury and how much is projection by his family and wife. I'm impressed that Ian has a full time care giver and Larissa has a full time job. Being someone's primary caregiver can break a person. How they are paying for it is puzzling to me. Does the government pay for full time in home care? Google Fu, don't fail me now!

I think he was in the military when the accident occurred so even though it was related to his service he has full disability benefits and medical care, including in home assistance, via the VA. But we've talked about three couples where the husband has a TBI, and I think only two of them were active duty military, so I might be wrong.

ETA: I was wrong. Ben of  katieandbenupdates.blogspot.com/ and Cale of www.adarlingkindoflife were military. Ian was not. So, I assume car insurance and/or family money and some amount of SSDI are paying for his care.

I thought Ian was a University student at the time of the accident but I might be wrong. I don't know how Larissa can understand him, I really can't make out a thing he is saying...

13 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

I thought Ian was a University student at the time of the accident but I might be wrong. I don't know how Larissa can understand him, I really can't make out a thing he is saying...

I have long suspected that she gets some words here and there and embellishes the rest to make him sound better than he is. 

I'm glad Larissa has some kind of life outside of being a full-time caregiver. As for understanding Ian, it's probably the same as how only parents can understand their toddlers when it all sounds like gibberish to everyone else. You just know.

16 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

He was. He and Larissa were at IUP at the same time I was. He was awarded his diploma after the accident since he was only a few months from graduation.

Also, I did an FJ review of their book. You can find it here, it answers some of your questions. Would be happy to answer any others, too.

1 hour ago, Khan said:

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

51 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I have long suspected that she gets some words here and there and embellishes the rest to make him sound better than he is. 

52 minutes ago, sparkles said:

I'm glad Larissa has some kind of life outside of being a full-time caregiver. As for understanding Ian, it's probably the same as how only parents can understand their toddlers when it all sounds like gibberish to everyone else. You just know.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I think he was in the military when the accident occurred so even though it was related to his service he has full disability benefits and medical care, including in home assistance, via the VA. But we've talked about three couples where the husband has a TBI, and I think only two of them were active duty military, so I might be wrong.

ETA: I was wrong. Ben of  katieandbenupdates.blogspot.com/ and Cale of www.adarlingkindoflife were military. Ian was not. So, I assume car insurance and/or family money and some amount of SSDI are paying for his care.

With Ian's caregving services, it's probably covered through disability or a Medicare or private insurance provider.  Ian probably receives and SSDI check monthly, but might not be a big check. He was 21 when he got injured.  With Kathleen/Cale and Ben/Katie, they both receive benefits through the VA. I will say I got annoyed with how Kathleen and Katie racked up other benefits through Wounded Warrior programs. Katie went off on retreat for spouses of Wounded Warriors. I have a lot of sympathy for both women, but Cale and Ben weren't injured in combat.

As sparkles said, I think Larissa and probably Ian's family are at the point where they can understand what Ian is saying and others who don't know them well or don't spend a lot of time with him would have trouble understanding. I've suspected that Larissa embellishes for a long time. I think Katie from the Ben and Katie blog does the same thing. When I watched the short videos of Ben online, he seems a bit better off than Ian. Cale is better off physically and mentally than Ben and Ian. I always thought it was quite sad that Kathleen pushed to have children even though she admitted that Cale has anger issues.  Katie and Ben were married before the accident and I was surprised they went through with having a baby. Katie had previously admitted that the idea of having children scared her because she has a lot on her plate.

This might sound cruel of me, I hope Ian and Larissa don't have kids because I could see Ian's family using a child as another way of having control over Larissa.

On June 29, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Khan said:

They can, yes, depending on how good the state's DSHS is. I was a caregiver for the state for 3 years, and since Ian has a TBI he should get a set number of hours to hire a state contracted home care aide. I should think they would have 2 or 3 people rotating though, more than 6 hours shifts are breaking, especially if it is very physical. 

Also, if the wreck was the truck's fault, don't they have funds from a settlement? 

1 hour ago, fiery redhead said:

They can, yes, depending on how good the state's DSHS is. I was a caregiver for the state for 3 years, and since Ian has a TBI he should get a set number of hours to hire a state contracted home care aide. I should think they would have 2 or 3 people rotating though, more than 6 hours shifts are breaking, especially if it is very physical. 

Also, if the wreck was the truck's fault, don't they have funds from a settlement? 

Was there ever a lawsuit? I can't remember it coming up on the original prayforian site.

12 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Was there ever a lawsuit? I can't remember it coming up on the original prayforian site.

I don't think so.  Ian lost control of his car and veered into the lane of an on-coming car.

No lawsuit was ever filed. Speculation from around Indiana was that Ian was at fault

Whenever I read about Ian and Larissa, I think to myself, I hope she divorces Ian, tells the Murphy family she's done and finds love again. I hope Larissa finds someone so irresistible and so in love with her that she cannot ignore it. That it takes her away from this "wifey" role of submitting to someone with a TBI who needs extensive round the clock care and who cannot be a full partner to her for so many reasons. I want Larissa to find love that has nothing to do with loving Jesus, but just loving her. For her. And vice versa. I just get such bad feelings about Larissa being used by Ian's dad before he died to secure her as Ian's caregiver. I want more for her. She's young, she's talented and has love to give. She deserves to receive fulfilling love back and not just hope for heaven to take her away from this life of brain injury care. 

Archived