IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

Yeah, you're right about that. There are those of us who thought that Peppermint Patty and Marcy made a good couple though.

When I was a kid, I always thought that Patty and Marcy *were* a couple. Still feel that they make a great couple. :my_smile:

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who wants to comment on Madge's Love book, or ask her why she feels she's qualified to write a book about love with only a failed Duggar courtship under her belt, go here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheGreatestBookYouveNeverRead/posts/1076765792333973

And... your comment will be picked up by the feed on her blog. 

She's qualified to write about love in the same way the Botkinettes were qualified to write a book about boys and Steve Maxwell was qualified to write a book about great conversationalists!  :kitty-wink:

While it does come off as a little attention-seeking after all the courtship stuff... she was writing before she became so publicly associated with the Duggars. I have a hard time criticizing a kid thinking and writing her own stuff; it's a good way to find yourself. Obviously, I don't feel like a 17/18 year old has the sort of life experience to reflect a whole book's worth on love (lost)... we all know she's a teen and seemingly has only experienced a few months of highly-chaperoned dates with a boy sanctioned by her parents.

But I don't think her taking an authoritative stance on a topic life romance is just a function of her fundie-ness. Most people I know, myself included, went through the teenage years of understanding everything *so* much better than people with far longer and broader life experiences. The difference is that we didn't have our names tied to an (in)famous celebrity family, and we didn't have the ability to propagate our opinions further than our own diaries or our MySpaces. And at least in my case, thank goodness for that... I laugh-cringe enough remembering the stuff I'd write. I'd hate to have it well documented and preserved on the internet years later ;) 

The difference between what some of us did when we were young and what fundies do is that we grew up. Our visions of love and the world have changed. These girls seem forever stuck at this stage. Look at how Jill mistakes always being together and stuck at the hip as true love. 

I hope Margi will grow up and, dare I say, evolve, but who knows. Probably not!

I went back to Xanga to see what kinds of embarrassing things I put out there for the world to see. Apparently, they're in the middle of updating to Xanga 2.0. The archives aren't available at the moment. But, oh my god. I totally forgot how lame I was when I came up with things like the blog name. And, I had to access an email account I havent touched since I was 16. I have 1740 unread messages. Lol

Oh lord...xanga. I can't remember what embarrassing things I wrote in mine, which I' grateful for. And I'm really glad that it disappeared.

@DuggarsTheEndIsNear - Alive is a good standard! Haha. And so is your age and straight. I had a crush on a guy for YEARS who later came out as gay. Great dude. My parents actually knew his parents and really liked him, so my dad joked that I should marry him (without knowing aboutnmy major crush - a crush that led me to believe I was an expert in love!) until realizing he's gay and that wouldn't have worked out.

Oh lord...xanga. I can't remember what embarrassing things I wrote in mine, which I' grateful for. And I'm really glad that it disappeared.

@DuggarsTheEndIsNear - Alive is a good standard! Haha. And so is your age and straight. I had a crush on a guy for YEARS who later came out as gay. Great dude. My parents actually knew his parents and really liked him, so my dad joked that I should marry him (without knowing aboutnmy major crush - a crush that led me to believe I was an expert in love!) until realizing he's gay and that wouldn't have worked out.

I had a habit of falling in love with gay men. It plagued me for years. The worst was I was head over heels for this one guy for 2 years. One day, he said to me "[my name], I want you to know that you're my absolute best friend. There's no one on earth I would trust with this information more than I do you. I haven't even told my family yet. I'm gay." Absolutely. Crushed.

I mean, he cant help who he loves and I totally understood that and was absolutely supportive. But, I still died inside.

Little Madge is writing a book on love? Huh. Who knew publishers put out and bind 1 page?

I am amused that those who have never had a relationship before/a very small one think they can write a book about it.

It is akin to getting marital advice from priests and nuns.  

I wonder how large her ego is that she feels at her age she can write a book on love? Really.

Let's keep in mind her first book was called, "The Greatest Book You've Never Read"

:special-snowflake1:

At least priests and nuns are allowed to acknowledge there is such a thing as sex without having to be married to say that sinful s-word.  Give me advice from people who can say words over the advice of a sheltered fundie teen any day of the year!

Usually priests and nuns are required to go through coursework similar to being a marriage therapist. They might not have first hand knowledge, but they're not idiots either.

A very young woman with a broken courtship behind her is writing about love?!  :my_rolleyes:

I am amused that those who have never had a relationship before/a very small one think they can write a book about it.

Uggh! my head is already throbbing....

At first I was surprised that Marjorie would even know who Romeo and Juliet were but then I realized it's a perfect fundie book.  Teenagers don't listen to their parents about who to date and then they end up dead. Just like real life!

Edit: I think Romeo may not have actually been a teenager, but still.

At first I was surprised that Marjorie would even know who Romeo and Juliet were but then I realized it's a perfect fundie book.  Teenagers don't listen to their parents about who to date and then they end up dead. Just like real life!

Edit: I think Romeo may not have actually been a teenager, but still.

Romeo and Juliet dont have official ages in the play, but it's generally accepted that Romeo was 19 and Juliet was 13.

Something fishy is going on here... Josiah and Marjorie are both at Dullard's "sponsors" thank you party or whatever the fuck that was. THEN Si and Marj can be spotted in Sierra Jo's baby shower group photo like 2 days ago. Yeah they aren't standing next to each other or side hugging but still that's a lot of photo ops with your ex.... and its not like their fams were spotted together pre courtshipgate..........

:kitty-shifty: 

p.s. not sorry for all the ....

Something fishy is going on here... Josiah and Marjorie are both at Dullard's "sponsors" thank you party or whatever the fuck that was. THEN Si and Marj can be spotted in Sierra Jo's baby shower group photo like 2 days ago. Yeah they aren't standing next to each other or side hugging but still that's a lot of photo ops with your ex.... and its not like their fams were spotted together pre courtshipgate..........

:kitty-shifty: 

p.s. not sorry for all the ....

I'm not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, "acceptable" friends in that circle are probably hard to come by, and if they were close enough to court, they'd probably know each other kinda well. On the other hand, it's weird that they're together that much when they're not courting.

She also just launched an instagram.  Girl is hitting the social media hard.

She didn't reserve a username with her future last name a la Jessa, if her and Si are back together.

https://www.instagram.com/marjorie.e.jackson/

As petty as it sounds "Marjorie. E" to me sounds like "ATM Machine". I know its a middle initial, but still... it bugs me... but i've had a crappy day so maybe i'm just a grumpybum. 

In Academy, our screen names for computers were our first letter of our first name (first initial) plus our last name. There was a student there named, I kid you not, "Emily Vilsaint." So her screen name was "evilsaint."

The lab assistant deleted her account 3 times, before realizing that no one had backed the server, that was an actual student account.

"Marjorie E" kind of reminds me of that, for some reason.

It sounds like someone is saying Marjorieeeeeeeeee of you say it out loud.

What middle name starting with E would even sound good with Marjorie?

In Academy, our screen names for computers were our first letter of our first name (first initial) plus our last name. There was a student there named, I kid you not, "Emily Vilsaint." So her screen name was "evilsaint."

The lab assistant deleted her account 3 times, before realizing that no one had backed the server, that was an actual student account.

"Marjorie E" kind of reminds me of that, for some reason.

It sounds like someone is saying Marjorieeeeeeeeee of you say it out loud.

When I worked at a bank, our login info for the system was first initial last name (as is common in many workplaces).  A girl I worked with was Sarah Lutz.  Her login name/email/etc was slutz.   I wonder what her parents were thinking.  

Probably Elizabeth, everyone likes to use Elizabeth (coming from an Elizabeth). :roll:

Or Elaine. Eleanor. 

Archived