IGNORED

Marjorie Writes a Book on Love

goldfishgoddess

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's her blog entry about it: https://marjoriejackson.wordpress.com/

It doesn't sound like a tell-all to me. It actually sounds like a version of 'The Four Loves' by C.S. Lewis dumbed down and sanitized for a fundie teen girl audience. I also can't help but roll my eyes a bit at a 17-year-old girl giving out sage love advice, but what else is new.

From her exerpt, it sounds as if it may be about God's love mostly, and how that is different from other "love's"?  I have to SMH if she plans on writing about romantic love, taking her lack of experience into account.  Being that a fundie teenager is writing this for her fundie audience think this may be a good bet. 

That article says Josiah is a fan favorite. Is he really??

Marjorie has written another book too, right? I never really looked into it. What was it about? I'm lazy and don't care to search it out.

A book about love and relationships written by a teenage fundie with very little experience in the area? Sounds legit!

ClaraOswin hopefully the book will have a preview on Amazon.com so we can quote from it here on Free Jinger.  I can't wait!

Girlfriend doesn't want to lose any spotlight, does she? She must have unsuccessfully got  a Bates boys attention at Michael's wedding. 

Even if she publishes it, she won't have any serious discussions on it. She doesn't  even allow commenters on her own blog to talk to each other. 

I was really looking forward to seeing more of her on 19 Kids just because my initial thoughts on here were pretty negative and I wondered if I had her pegged wrong or not.

Gosh, I always forget how severe Josiah's receding hairline already is (at 18!!) until I see him again. Yikes. Michelle must have had some serious male pattern baldness in her family.

I pegged her for a Famy 2.0 from day 1! She loves the spotlight. Leghumpers will want to buy her book to see if there are any juicy bits about her and Si's "courtship", but I am sure she is just trolling and using her brief 15 minutes of fame for book sales :output_eeMbjt:

I am reading her blog. Were Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty a couple? I don't remember that if they were.

God created all four loves, and they each are beautiful in their proper, God-given place. But agape must be found in every single one of them, because the first three come and go. Romantic sparks are fickle and unreliable—here one day, faded the next. We won’t always “feel” like loving our family. Somedays we might not “feel” like being friends with someone. But agape comes through—we are called to love with the same measure that God loves us. And that’s why 1 Corinthians 13:8 truthfully states that “love never fails” (NASB).

So we'll find out that it doesn't matter that her courtship failed because God's love is always trustworthy? 

So, am I reading correctly that she hasn't published the book, she's only in the process of writing it?  And yet she is posting teasers on Fb already?

Was her last book self-published ?

I am reading her blog. Were Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty a couple? I don't remember that if they were.

It's been a while since I read Charlie Brown. IIRC,   Peppermint Patty  might have had a crush on Charlie Brown ? But Charlie Brown just thought about the little redhaired girl.

It's been a while since I read Charlie Brown. IIRC,   Peppermint Patty  might have had a crush on Charlie Brown ? But Charlie Brown just thought about the little redhaired girl.

And we can all learn far more from that torrid love triangle than a 17 year old Duggar ex. 

Seriosly though, didn't we all think we were experts on love at 17?  The difference is if I had tried to publish a book about it my mom would have had a little come to Jesus talk with me about keeping a journal rather than embarrassing myself in public.

Yeah, you're right about that. There are those of us who thought that Peppermint Patty and Marcy made a good couple though.

So, am I reading correctly that she hasn't published the book, she's only in the process of writing it?  And yet she is posting teasers on Fb already?

Was her last book self-published ?

I believe so. It may have just been an E-book too? It's been awhile since I checked. 

I pegged her for a Famy 2.0 from day 1! She loves the spotlight. Leghumpers will want to buy her book to see if there are any juicy bits about her and Si's "courtship", but I am sure she is just trolling and using her brief 15 minutes of fame for book sales :output_eeMbjt:

For both of them, their 15 minutes of fame is over.  

No,they weren't.  Peppermint Patty and Marcy were the strip's closeted lesbian couple.

Charlie Brown's unrequied love was the little red headed girl.  

I do have Marjorie pegged a step above (but only barely above) Sarah Malley and that stupid book before you meet prince charming (lower case intentionally)

And we can all learn far more from that torrid love triangle than a 17 year old Duggar ex. 

Seriosly though, didn't we all think we were experts on love at 17?  The difference is if I had tried to publish a book about it my mom would have had a little come to Jesus talk with me about keeping a journal rather than embarrassing myself in public.

Not me. I hadn't even had a boyfriend yet. Haha. I am a loser.

Archived