IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FundieFarmer I'd love to, but I don't tweet.   :(

However, I will add my two cents here:  Kody's assumption that Mykelti will attend a church she cannot be a member of just b/c she married a Mormon coupled with the thought of "how will they raise their kids?" just make me cringe.  Nonya, Kody.  On both matters.

The fact that the BF is even asking him for her hand is squicky enough.

OMG-Kody looked just like my 4 year old grandboy when he's being scolded while Kody was talking to Meri! That "okay" with his chin tucked to chest with sulky expression- just like GB being told to apologize to Wild Child. 

26 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

OMG-Kody looked just like my 4 year old grandboy when he's being scolded while Kody was talking to Meri! That "okay" with his chin tucked to chest with sulky expression- just like GB being told to apologize to Wild Child. 

Kody is a child! I hate the way that he was acting with Meri. Maybe Mariah is upset because you're both idiots. Mariah idealized plural marriage and now she is finding out that it's not as great as she thought. She's probably mourning that dream. Don't drag her into what you are pouting about you idiot. 

Well I did watch this. Fun to see them picking out food for Madison's wedding. Can't think of what to say about Mykelti and her boyfriend wanting to get married, except that that is what they want to do. Maybe they are married by now. 

Watching Meri and Kody is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard. What garbage. She is so over sharing her husband with three other women.

Hoping the kids all do okay.

I didn't like Tony's attitude. "Take out a loan to pay for a wedding" and "no way we'd get married in their backyard" (paraphrasing here). I get that he wants Mykelti to have what she wants, but he also seems to have a sense of entitlement and seems immature. It's all way too fast and spontaneous for my taste, but good luck to them.  And Mykelti was denied from the Mormon church like Maddie? I was surprised to hear that. I really thought there were other reasons that Maddie didn't join. 

6 minutes ago, mstee said:

"Take out a loan to pay for a wedding"

Specifically, take out a home equity loan on one of the houses.  Um, hello?  The Brown parents don't even know him.  Where are HIS parents in all of this?!

34 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well I did watch this. Fun to see them picking out food for Madison's wedding. Can't think of what to say about Mykelti and her boyfriend wanting to get married, except that that is what they want to do. Maybe they are married by now. 

Mykelti and Tony's wedding is December 17.

OMG MyKelti and Tony are complete buffoons! AUGH! I have been headbanging this whole episode 

Wow Tony is so entitled in all of this. I get that he's young and immature but where does he get off on telling his fiance's father to take out a loan to pay for the wedding. Jesus Christ. 

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Kody is a child! I hate the way that he was acting with Meri. Maybe Mariah is upset because you're both idiots. Mariah idealized plural marriage and now she is finding out that it's not as great as she thought. She's probably mourning that dream. Don't drag her into what you are pouting about you idiot. 

Yeah, I really feel for Mariah. I've had issues with my mother as well, and I see so much of myself in her. Not everything she's thinking or saying is totally rational, but I can tell she's really processing some complicated stuff in a really public forum. I just wanna give her a hug. 

Also, Truely is super, super cute. 

9 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Wow Tony is so entitled in all of this. I get that he's young and immature but where does he get off on telling his fiance's father to take out a loan to pay for the wedding. Jesus Christ. 

Yes, this does not bode well for the future. I found that amazing...take out a loan on the house. I am not excited about Tony at all. This show is really strange. 

9 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

Tony's voice seemed odd but I couldn't figure out why.

I also didn't like the entitled attitude!

I thought the same thing. I'm not sure what that is. 

Oh, god, I'm having so much trouble watching this episode. So much cringe. Mykelti and Tony are so immature, it's incredibly embarrassing.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Kody talked about negotiating things with Mykelti and Tony? I find the level of parental involvement in weddings to be weird in general, though. There was never an expectation that my family would be paying for my wedding. With as many daughters as they have close in age and their recurring financial troubles, I think it's unrealistic for them to pay for all their weddings. 

16 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

Did anyone else think it was weird that Kody talked about negotiating things with Mykelti and Tony? I find the level of parental involvement in weddings to be weird in general, though. There was never an expectation that my family would be paying for my wedding. With as many daughters as they have close in age and their recurring financial troubles, I think it's unrealistic for them to pay for all their weddings. 

I don't think that Mykelti and Tony are mature enough to get married. They kept saying that Mykelti is impulsive and I would imagine that they are trying to delay the wedding to give her time to think about it. Tony just strikes me as odd and not in a good way. 

Neither Meri NOR Kody are willing to be adults and truly accept their responsibility for the choices they made.  Meri is still playing the "victim of catfish" card without admitting that the REAL issue is not that she was catfished, but that she was clearly willing to and attempting to have an affair and leave her marriage in secret.  That's crap behavior, Meri, and people have every right to be hurt and be mad at you for it...like your daughter.  And you won't repair your relationship WITH said daughter until you can pull your head out of your ass, admit your choices were wrong and hurt her, and stop trying to play the victim here when SHE is the real victim.

Kody...is just a douche canoe.  He needs to admit that he done goofed by neglecting his other wives (and their families) for Princess Robyn, but he wont.  He's not going to accept HIS role in driving Meri to the point where she was trying to leave the relationship/find fulfillment from other sources.  That's also crap behavior, Kody, and your daughter has a right to be hurt and angry with you for how you abandoned her and her mother.  And you won't repair your relationship WITH said daughter until you can pull your head out of your ass, admit you made some serious mistakes, and come up with a plan to repair the damage you did.

Mariah, I am so sorry your parents are behaving like petulant children.  Major props to you, however, for conducting yourself like (occasionally, true, a confused and young) adult.

I just watched the first hour so far. Tony seems kinda "off", but they seem to really love each other. I read on Christines twitter that Tony didn't mean the taking out a loan thing - with her tweeting this out I guess she officially opened her heart to Tony (ha!)  I can't believe the things they say on national tv, if I were Mykelti I'd be so hurt! As if the end of previous season wasn't bad enough, now her love life is the joke of the first episode of the new season as well. Ugh.

Also; Brown family - if you have so many children -lots of them close together in age- isn't it kind of inevitable that major life events are going to be close together as well?! 

Guess the Brown family did get their way as Tony and Mykelti are getting married Dec 17, kind of a shame that Maddie couldn't wait to get pregnant till after Mykelti is married (you know ... the family needs time to process life events - insert sarcasm)

Wow, it's kind of rude that Christine called Mykelti ditzy on national TV. I don't necessarily get the sense that she's ditzy as much as young, naive and spontaneous. 

14 hours ago, CrazyCatLady said:

Tony's voice seemed odd but I couldn't figure out why.

I also didn't like the entitled attitude!

I thought it sounded like he might have a hearing impairment. 

8 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

I thought the same thing. I'm not sure what that is. 

Oh, god, I'm having so much trouble watching this episode. So much cringe. Mykelti and Tony are so immature, it's incredibly embarrassing.

Yes, but also he completely threw Christine under the bus.  They both discussed having concerns about how soon it was, that they didn't know Tony well, etc., but when Tony asked for the blessing, Kody hemmed and hawed about finances, finally saying "fine with me! What do you think Christine?" and making her look like the bad guy.  Totally shitty.

I also agree Tony sounded like he may have a hearing impairment or possibly a cleft palate.

7 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

I just watched the first hour so far. Tony seems kinda "off", but they seem to really love each other. I read on Christines twitter that Tony didn't mean the taking out a loan thing - with her tweeting this out I guess she officially opened her heart to Tony (ha!)  I can't believe the things they say on national tv, 

Well I think Christine has to say now "Oh he didn't mean it. He's not like that..." They are getting married. So whatever Christine actually thinks, she's going to have to put on a good face. Eek. This family...

I am not an Internet doctor, I don't play one on TV, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I am uncomfortable with reading alleged medical diagnoses based on a few minutes of TV-watching.  

Perhaps we can focus on other bothersome issues with this family?  There is no shortage of items to challenge!

8 hours ago, SummerRocks said:

I just watched the first hour so far. Tony seems kinda "off", but they seem to really love each other. I read on Christines twitter that Tony didn't mean the taking out a loan thing - with her tweeting this out I guess she officially opened her heart to Tony (ha!)  I can't believe the things they say on national tv, if I were Mykelti I'd be so hurt! As if the end of previous season wasn't bad enough, now her love life is the joke of the first episode of the new season as well. Ugh.

Also; Brown family - if you have so many children -lots of them close together in age- isn't it kind of inevitable that major life events are going to be close together as well?! 

Guess the Brown family did get their way as Tony and Mykelti are getting married Dec 17, kind of a shame that Maddie couldn't wait to get pregnant till after Mykelti is married (you know ... the family needs time to process life events - insert sarcasm)

What did I miss...is Madison pregnant? If so, maybe she is a secret Duggar. 

Wow.  So I watched the whole thing, SEND ME A CART OF CAFFEINE Y'ALL. 
I will say, this was the most solid display of constant "What is this fuckery?!" in years.  There was no shortage of "huh?", "Ermahgawd, did they really say that?!", and just plain ol' head scratching.  Just some of the highlights thinking back (though in no way is this even all of them) . . .

1.) Tony.  Tony.  Tony.  The sense of entitlement with this one is strong.  I can't tell if it's an age thing, or trying to strut like a peacock in front of Kody/cameras, or just overcompensating for something.  Should we play a game of who's ego is bigger, Kody or Tony's? *sarcasm*

2.) Boy do they talk to down to each other a lot.  Kody called Maddy "manipulative" in a "previously seen" clip.  Christine calls Mykelti "ditzy" - which was her defense "she's not that bad", after Kody claims she's trying to upstage Maddie.  Wow, that was the improvement retort?  "Ditzy"??

3.) I actually thought it was nice of Christine to give Kody the heads up about Tony wanting to ask for Mykelti's hand, too bad he turned around and decided to half haphazardly give them his blessing, all nonchalant reclining on the library lounge chair without any heads up to Christine #niceeeee

4.) There's going to be an elk cake/groom's cake, in honor of Maddie's then beau-now husband "hick" status (again, man this family can't help themselves in describing one another in all sorts of deprecating ways - no wonder they have such low self esteem all across the board).  Oh and that elk cake?  Red velvet flavor for the "inside parts", with huckleberry sauce oozing out of it when he cuts into it . . . so he can pretend he's off hunting, instead of being at his own wedding reception.

5.) That whole exchange between Meri and Kody was just cringe worthy, but eye opening in just what the heck is going on with them.  Really it seems like they are both at fault, and it's been going on so long, that you can't even go with a definitive "he said/she said first" sort of thing, to figure out who started it in the first place.  And yup, usually I have no problem snarking on Kody, but boy did I feel a teeny bit of pity for the guy under Meri's passive aggressiveness, and downright negative projecting onto him.  She's carrying a lot of guilt, and instead of owning up to any of it, she wants him to divine her non verbal gazes boring holes into the back of his head, and figure out that though she told him flat out to not stay at her house, she's okay with it now . . . uh, okay?

. . . and yup, Maddie's pregnant *throws confetti into the air*

17 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

What did I miss...is Madison pregnant? If so, maybe she is a secret Duggar. 

Yep, due in May

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived