IGNORED

Sister Wives: 4 Wives, 4 Threads - It's Karma!

21 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Yeah, I suppose they could be lying about level of success, but one couple in particular I'm thinking of has been selling AmWay since the early 1990s!  And it appears to be their only business!  I have never really understood it.  As for market saturation, it is so annoying.  Almost every mom I know sells some sort of shit.  R&F.  Advocare.  DoTerra.  Plexus.  Norwex (wtf is that even?). Cabi.  Matilda Jane.  I never know if invitations to lunch are actually going to be sales/recruitment pitches.  I have had to tell friends "I will literally never buy pink drink from  you, no matter how much I like you."

The idea of pulling a bait and switch by claiming that an MLM recruitment session is just going to lunch annoys me to no end. I might be willing to at least put up with a sales pitch for a few minutes if you're upfront about your motives, but not if you're pretending to make a purely social call.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a "RadarOnline" type article the other day about new wives.  Doubtful this is a reliable source, and I really just was searching to see if they got hooked up for another season (which is still out for discussion).

If anyone else has a better source, please share.

I love a good train wreck  :TrainWreckMotion:

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mstee said:

What do you guys think about the rumor floating around that Meri met some guy in Hawaii and she's in love? I saw it mentioned online before and this article (from a gossip site) talks about it. BS or some truth to it? 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/sister-wives-cheating-meri-brown-kody-brown-dating-hawaii/

A large part of me thinks it's a load of BS but Meri fell for the catfish. If she didn't learn her lesson about rushing in to a romance with someone she barely knows it could easily be a repeat of that situation. 

Well,  if she's looking, she's not going to stop because she had one bad 'romance'.  and I bet she's actually met this guy and he gets no banana pics.  IF its true at all.  I don't think much of radar's sources. 

Having said that - was looking at Cynical jinx the other day, and someone on there said that they went to the Strive meeting - all of them but Robyn were there including some of the older kids.  I THINK She said Garrett  - but isn't he off in the Military?  

Seems like they've been off the air forever, but then I remembered I didn't watch the last season - just relied on recaps, so it probably seems longer.

Way, way back when I was a kid.. Early 60's, my mother fell hard for a MLM scheme. She sold Nutri-Bio, a line of vitamins, minerals and little yummy protien tablets.  We were very rural, poor as shit and she was tramping the dirt roads of the Tug Hill Plateau trying to sell this crap and rope in  people to sell under her. She stopped when my dad  got a good job and  w moved 3000 miles away, but then later got sucked up into Amway. There was also a clothing line that involved having "parties" in which your friends were co-erced into buing cheap looking clothes..and Princess House... How about you just get a job.. Go wait tables, or drive a school bus.. Something...

Does anyone know if this show is actually coming back to the air?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2016 at 10:34 PM, MarblesMom said:

I just saw a TLC commercial - Nov 27th.

Yep and they are pushing the drama as well. Meri doesn't want to be there, Kody doesn't think that they should have ever been filmed. Dun dun dun! :P 

Ridiculous. I have never seen a family so eager to pimp out for reality TV in my life (and that includes those good for nothing Duggars).

56 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

Ridiculous. I have never seen a family so eager to pimp out for reality TV in my life (and that includes those good for nothing Duggars).

I think Kody's ego is bigger than JB's. That's saying something! 

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

Imagine if JB believed he was spiritually entitled to multiple wives...... Chilling....

No I don't want to imagine that. That would be awful! 

On 10/30/2016 at 8:04 PM, MarblesMom said:

I just saw a TLC commercial - Nov 27th.

Oh thank god. I was worried because 90 Day Fiance is almost over. Now I won't run out of trash to watch! 

13 hours ago, IreneIssh said:

Oh thank god. I was worried because 90 Day Fiance is almost over. Now I won't run out of trash to watch! 

Me too, especially since Grey's Anatomy is hitting winter break time soon and the Gilmore Girls Netflix fest will be over by then. Thank God Kody and his Kodettes can't get their shit together, so I can watch another round of their train wreck show.

Kudos to Mariah for giving the beast a name, it's called Catfishing and you, Meri, fell prey to it. 

I watched the promo like ten times already and find it ridiculous of Christine to complain about Mykelti getting more reserved b/c Tony.

For one, Mykelti is getting older and more mature. Quite many formerly rebellious and cheeky teens become relatively balanced and thoughtful young adults once out of puberty and headed off to college and RL. They don't have to test their limits as much anymore and get a feeling what huge responsibility it means to be an adult in the adult world.  It's a necessary and positive development for an adolescent to become less self-serving and less hungry for attention all the while seeing oneself and respective social environment in a different context. Mykelti wasn't only spunky, she was often downright cheeky , which I liked a lot about her when she was a teen. However, she has proved to have matured greatly over the past years and nothing I saw on TV or Youtube makes me think that she'd just let herself be dominated by a male or have herself restricted to a point where she wouldn't be herself anymore. Then again, I may be wrong and we haven't seen her and her BF on TV yet. I doubt, however, that Christine can positively distinguish maturity from reservation. I fear she's just not ready to accept her daughter is growing up and adopting different ideals and life goals than her.

On the other hand, and in case that I am completely wrong: if Mykelti was indeed jumping head-first into a complete disaster with this engagement, Christine should not complain on national TV but ask herself what kind of role model she has been to her daughters. She has been overrun, embarrassed, ignored, ridiculed, and publically hurt uncountable times by Kody, all the while she decided to submissively stay with him and buttered him up even when he was the biggest douche.

I find Christine to be quite immature at times so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't recognize that Mykelti is growing up and changing. There's nothing wrong with that. There are very few of us who stay exactly the same through the years. It's a little sad that Christine is in a way calling out her daughter on national tv. If she is concerned about the marriage, she needs to go to Mykelti and talk it over in private. Poor kids I don't blame them from wanting to get as far away from this train wreck as possible 

Did you guys see that Maddie is pregnant? That was quick considering she'd stated that she planned on finishing her education first before she'd start a family. I hope she can continue to go to school once the baby arrives. 

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Did you guys see that Maddie is pregnant? That was quick considering she'd stated that she planned on finishing her education first before she'd start a family. I hope she can continue to go to school once the baby arrives. 

Have not heard that!   Let the grandbaby explosion begin!    But, yes, I hope she can too.  Lots of people do, but its harder.   Hope she is one of them.  

6 hours ago, mstee said:

Wow I didn't expect her to get pregnant so quickly. I thought that she was enjoying being a newlywed. I hope that she can finish her school. Oh boy. Grandpa Kody. :pb_rollseyes:

Can this please be the last season with the Kode-Meister?  Please.

.... And adding that I just read they were married in June 2015 and are expecting a baby around the same time in 2016.  Can this madness end???

Meaning, get married and not have to procreate just b/c nature lets you.  Get to know your spouse in married life.  Enjoy married life for a while.  

Build wealth, and a relationship and THEN maybe have a kid?  (I musta drank the cray tea tonight).

Who has dibs these kids will be back on the "compound" once the baby arrives?

/turning off my snark machine (for now)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived