IGNORED

Do we need another reason to avoid Texas?

doggie

If Alabama secedes, hubby and I will leave. Would Oregon accept 2 liberal southerners and their feline headship? We both have relatives who live there.

On 6/26/2016 at 2:20 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Every time Texas threatens to secede, I respond with "promise?"

I have two responses- Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and If Trump becomes President (shudder), we need to build walls securing our boarders from Texas, too, and charge the Republic of Texas for their construction! In playground language, no backsies! 

On 6/27/2016 at 9:39 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

Honestly, if you think the Rapture is right around the corner, why bother having children in the first place?

Because they're "leaving it up to God" most likely. Also, they're obviously looking forward to the Rapture, and confident they won't be left behind. So they probably figure the more the merrier regarding kids. 

That article is just absolutely terrifying, and I'm not talking about the references to the Rapture!

If there is a #Texit can we please keep Wendy Davis?  She's needed in more sensible states.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

If there is a #Texit can we please keep Wendy Davis?  She's needed in more sensible states.

Her, the BBQ, Tex-Mex, and Austin.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

And Matthew McConaughey (but I don't want his stupid car commercials)

On 6/29/2016 at 0:43 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

We can offer asylum to Austinites in Eugene, OR. They'll be fine there. They can bring the BBQ joint of their choosing.

• 4 weeks later...

As a Texan, I don't feel all that welcome on these kinds of forums, having to read how stupid we are and how we should all die in a hurricane (the latter was on another similar forum).  If this article was written about another state, no one would put Wisconsin or Utah in the title and the comments wouldn't be full of people saying how stupid people who reside in that state are. You have your own prejudices.

19 minutes ago, permanentproblem said:

As a Texan, I don't feel all that welcome on these kinds of forums, having to read how stupid we are and how we should all die in a hurricane (the latter was on another similar forum).  If this article was written about another state, no one would put Wisconsin or Utah in the title and the comments wouldn't be full of people saying how stupid people who reside in that state are. You have your own prejudices.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's not you, as an individual that we are dissing; it's the state in general. Some of my best friends are Texans, and they're the nicest, smartest, most liberal people you'd ever want to know. Doesn't change my mind about the state, though.

And, actually, Wisconsin has become the Mississippi of the North, and Utah? Don't get me started. I lived there for many years and, no, I don't take it personally when people make jokes about Utah.

I want to volunteer the Koch brothers as residents of the new nation of Texas. Wait, scratch that. Release Texas into the custody of Mexico and send the Koch brothers there.

On 30/06/2016 at 3:46 AM, Audrey2 said:

I have two responses- Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and If Trump becomes President (shudder), we need to build walls securing our boarders from Texas, too, and charge the Republic of Texas for their construction! In playground language, no backsies! 

Or make him President of Texas.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. It's not you, as an individual that we are dissing; it's the state in general. Some of my best friends are Texans, and they're the nicest, smartest, most liberal people you'd ever want to know. Doesn't change my mind about the state, though.

And, actually, Wisconsin has become the Mississippi of the North, and Utah? Don't get me started. I lived there for many years and, no, I don't take it personally when people make jokes about Utah.

'Some of my best friends are Texan'. Now where have I heard that kind of phrasing before? ;)

3 hours ago, permanentproblem said:

As a Texan, I don't feel all that welcome on these kinds of forums, having to read how stupid we are and how we should all die in a hurricane (the latter was on another similar forum). 

I've had the same experiences being a Floridian on crime forums.  We have all "the craziest nut-jobs...the most heinous and vile people"...this is "where all the serial killers end up"...You'd be "crazy to vacation there"...Florida should just "fall into the Gulf", get "washed away by a hurricane".  It's tapered off just a little, or maybe I've just built up a resistance.
It's hard, especially when you're a native (54 years for me) & have no control over what others perceive as national joke.  It's impossible to laugh with them, but try not to take it too personally.  :highfive:

I'm a Texas native and spent most of the first 20 years of my life there. There are things that suck especially about Texas, things that suck about living just about anywhere, things that are alright living just about anywhere, and things that are especially great about Texas. You could say the same of anywhere at any time in history. Nowhere is perfect- and if it is, you definitely can't afford the mortgage/lease/rent.

That said, we (Texans) got this reputation for a reason. That doesn't mean everyone who lives in Texas is "stupid". I've lived in the Sacramento area for almost a decade. Outside the Bay area, NorCal is FULL of anti-choice, anti-equality racist fundamentalist Christian Republicans. And snotty Libertarians. I meet them ALL THE TIME. Steve Anderson CAME FROM HERE. And SF is HARDLY perfect.

I worry a bit about people upset by being painted with such broad brushes. Texas is home to 25 million people. FJ isn't a hive vagina. We know that, right? We don't need to get huffy and bust out #notalltexans, #notallbajingos, people know that. It's not about good men or good Texans or good uni-cyclists or unicorns. Simmer down y'all.

I might otherwise still live in Texas, but CA offers one major advantage- it is thousands of miles away from my crazy parents.

6 hours ago, permanentproblem said:

Sorry you feel that way. I know there are regular normal folks in Texas. But Texas is still dumb. I say the same thing about Florida and Utah too. 

2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Sorry you feel that way. I know there are regular normal folks in Texas. But Texas is still dumb. I say the same thing about Florida and Utah too. 

Seriously? Then sit on your porch, drink some sweet tea from a quart jar, say hi to the neighbors and relax.  

13 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Or make him President of Texas.

'Some of my best friends are Texan'. Now where have I heard that kind of phrasing before? ;)

Oh bleep no. We don't want Trump here.

So these assholes are from my state AND share my maiden name. Fabulous. I sure hope I'm not related to this kind of stupid. I don't believe this is representative of most in our state though. We do need to improve our education overall though. 

On 6/26/2016 at 3:39 PM, FrumperedCat said:

Somebody needs to pass this news on to the Naugler's as I here they're relocating! Sounds the perfect place for them to unschool and they'd be free of those ebil Kentucky officials. :2wankers:

They've already lived here.  Joe and Nicole began their "legal careers" here in Texas. I think Nicole met Joe here. 

Archived